• "thank god you are back"

Should we delete threads to lolcows who've significantly cleaned up and regeted their past behavior?

Discussion in 'Lolcow General' started by Krippen, Aug 12, 2017.

1. There are probably only a few lolcows who genuinely feel regret for what they've done to make themselves a lolcow in the first place. I think Kiwi Farms isn't necessarily a big bullying hub like many outsiders (and insiders) think, and I think this site is sort of helping to discourage and expose the degeneracy we see in society. I think we should forgive our lolcows that ask to be forgiven. Why? Cows who really want to improve their lives can't move forward with their reputation ruined by the internet, and plus it's the christian thing to do.

I will probably get a bunch of autistic and dumb ratings, but hear me out, I think it's better for us to look like we want to rehabilitate lolcows instead of looking like we bully them to suicide. I know 95% of the cows out their are stuck in their ways and are far from saving, but what about the small 5%? It's just a thought.

• Disagree x 18
    • Feels x 9
    • Agree x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Autistic x 2
    • Horrifying x 1
    • Deviant x 1
    Krippen

Krippen Conservative hippie

kiwifarms.net
  2. It's been stated repeatedly that the purpose of this site isn't to influence lolcows for good or ill, but rather just to document things for amusement purposes.

I think your thought is nice but the implications trouble me a bit because it starts to enter into the territory of extortion and social engineering if it were policy or established standard practice that people would be able to have their threads deleted if they start to behave in an "acceptable" way.

With that said, speaking only for myself (obviously), I'd personally be in favour of deleting some threads on a case-by-case basis if a lolcow cleaned up their act of their own volition (particularly if they were mentally ill and sought treatment, for example). But I don't think there should be any established and known policy or practice of doing this (not that I think there's any chance that Null or the staff here would make it so anyways).

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Lolcows should feel bad for being lolcows.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre The world doesn't make sense until you force it to

kiwifarms.net
  4. I'm not opposed to it in principle. It wouldn't do much to clear up our reputation, given that KF is already a lolcow Rorschach. What @Cato said above also applies, that could spiral into manipulation pretty quickly.

I remember when Null added the Cultcow tag, he mentioned a story of this kid with schizophrenia and how his mom intentionally didn't give him any anti-psychotics so he'd do what he was supposed to, instead of just being lazy. That's what this reminds me of. "Behave appropriately or we'll make fun of you and dox your kids." That repulses me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

Sergeant Politeness Searching for weak points
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I didn't think about the farms being accused of extortion. Maybe we could keep an option like that on the hush hush, IDK.

Krippen

Krippen Conservative hippie

kiwifarms.net
  6. Lol no. The Internet never forgets.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    The Jumping Dwarf

The Jumping Dwarf Dwarven salt miner

kiwifarms.net
  7. But we don't.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Dynastia

Dynastia i hope u feel bad
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. No.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    yawning sneasel

yawning sneasel ζζζζζζζζζζ
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    ICametoLurk

ICametoLurk Flying space Nephilim riding on doomsday asteroids
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. No

It is to be a reminder to them and all others that you should never act like a faggot ever again on the Internet

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    NIGGO KILLA

NIGGO KILLA We washed our hands in niggos blood

kiwifarms.net
  11. Yeah

We aren't a therapy center for the mentally ill, and I think that nobody gives an actual fuck if some lolcow stoped shitting their pants, sperging on twitter or isn't a tranny anymore

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    DrainRedRain

DrainRedRain Cucked Out Of Orbit
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. There were a lot of people in the Connor thread who were pulling for the kid to stop stroking his deathtaint to Molly Ringwald and to start writing more. At least, before he sold out to Vordy.

That might just be one case, but I don't think it's especially out of place. There's a reason people say this site is too nice to its cows.

• Feels Feels x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. I'm not advocating people to not being nice to cows. Whatever float your boat. I just think its pretty silly and pointless, since we are here to look, laugh and move on. Getting yourself emotionally invested in lolcow's lives isn't a smart thing to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    DrainRedRain

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I don't think we should delete threads, but adding a note to the OP might be a nice compromise. Also locking threads for cows that have stopped producing is a good measure. Stops people from pointlessly necro'ing it too.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    ConcernedAnon

ConcernedAnon Concerned and hopefully anonymous

kiwifarms.net
  15. Good point. The amount of people who necro threads with "nothing to add i just want to say that this person is dumb" is appaling. Also, when the cow isn't producing as much as before, the white noise begins, as people try to desperately find almost inexistent new and awesome content

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    DrainRedRain

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. I think that getting rid of threads is excessive and antithetical to the point of the site, but I'd be in favor of locking old, inactive threads and maybe getting rid of dox on request. Having that shit out there for extended periods invites nothing but fools and trouble. After the thread dies, I see no reason to keep them up.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Sergeant Politeness

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. I think interest in cows dies off once they straighten themselves out and no longer bring the content. It happened to Taxman who decided that posting videos showing how much of an alcoholic schizo was, and after a few "good for him" posts the thread died off.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Xerxes IX

Xerxes IX Even kebab cats will be removed

kiwifarms.net
  18. Here's the thing. Say someone stops doing the things that make them interesting to us. Say Greer stops being a creeper and starts being a normal dude. Not like a super slick Chad, but a normal dude who doesn't repel girls with his overall horrific nature? How is it that we determine this? We aren't like a lolcow credit bureau where once you reach a certain score you get a thread and when you fall below it you get it locked, we know very little about these people in their day-to-day life, and while their lolcow nature may be a phase, them going off and being non-cow could be a phase, too. We are unable to measure this.

Also, consider this. Their threads are not the only evidence of their lolcow behavior. They have posts all over social media, their replies on accounts that people have quoted, and a boatload of archives we have created. We are like a clearinghouse for all that info, but if someone searches for non kiwi info about most cows they can find it.

If they go non-cow, then they should just wear that they were a shit at one point on their sleeve. That's the best they can do, and to ask us to start nuking and locking is unfair because frankly the purpose of this board is to laugh at the social media folly of weird people. We can't unlaugh or uncommentate. Just don't be a weirdo to begin with and you don't have to worry about this.

• Agree x 4
    • Semper Fidelis x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Feels x 2
    yawning sneasel

yawning sneasel ζζζζζζζζζζ
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. cow by cow basis I think so.

• Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  20. If the cow cleaned up their act people will lose interest and the thread will die down by itself

Why is this so hard

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 3
    hood LOLCOW

hood LOLCOW Reactionary thinker and writer Mark Citadel
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net