Shower Thoughts - What philosophers we can be within the confides of our grimy, damp box

Kiwi Jeff

Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We're all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture –– they are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair... All memes. All passed along.

Flustercuck

Inhabitor of 14 trans bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
do they get shit on their feet when they squat and shit on the streets in India?

AtrocityVoyeur

Menschliches, Allzumenschliches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there no experience sadder than the futility of fastidiously wiping your ass? Knowing that, no matter how much you wipe, clean, and douche, you will excrete again, and have to clean yourself again. Are our souls not like our assholes in that respect? Nay, we can never wipe ourselves clean.

Polish Hot Dog (spicie)

jestem najlepsza
kiwifarms.net
When I bend my fingers backwards, which will break first? My skin by being stretched? Or my bones by being bent?
Does it change for other people based on the quality of their skin and/or bones? Obviously it should, but by how much?
Your bones are shorter in your toes; If the skin breaks in your fingers first will it break in your toes first? Or will the shorter area cause more force to be applied to the bone causing it to snap first? What is the deciding factor in your skin's elasticity? Could you get through the day on your broken skin without widening the tear? Wait, but couldn't you theoretically roll up the skin on the sole of your foot if you cut the sides just so? Skin is confusing.

-from my shower yesterday while cleaning a cut on my foot

Cake Farts

Competitive Speed Shitting should be a sport
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What is the deciding factor in your skin's elasticity?
I can actually answer this! What makes your skin pliable is a protein called collagen. It actually takes a lot to break skin or bone, so I’m pretty sure that the first thing to snap would be your tendons (flexor digitorum) because of how thick and tightly it is attached to the finger bones. In your foot, it would take a lot more force to damage the skin since it is thick skin and layered differently. So again, I’m thinking you’d tear a ligament or tendon before either snaps.

The reason why tears in the skin don’t widen over the day are again a result of filamentous proteins that hold the skin together (elastin, collagen, and also keratohyaline), plus swelling in the area is the body’s attempt at stabilizing the wound so it won’t be too exposed. Finally, you cannot roll skin in your foot, or any other place for the matter; skin is taut and the thick skin on your soles is comprised of different layers of tissue, plus an added 5-7 extra layers of dense, outer tissue to protect your feet.

Polish Hot Dog (spicie)

jestem najlepsza
kiwifarms.net
I can actually answer this! What makes your skin pliable is a protein called collagen. It actually takes a lot to break skin or bone, so I’m pretty sure that the first thing to snap would be your tendons (flexor digitorum) because of how thick and tightly it is attached to the finger bones. In your foot, it would take a lot more force to damage the skin since it is thick skin and layered differently. So again, I’m thinking you’d tear a ligament or tendon before either snaps.

The reason why tears in the skin don’t widen over the day are again a result of filamentous proteins that hold the skin together (elastin, collagen, and also keratohyaline), plus swelling in the area is the body’s attempt at stabilizing the wound so it won’t be too exposed. Finally, you cannot roll skin in your foot, or any other place for the matter; skin is taut and the thick skin on your soles is comprised of different layers of tissue, plus an added 5-7 extra layers of dense, outer tissue to protect your feet.
Very informative. This insight will be very useful in my next shower, thanks.