Shows you've had a falling out with - IE, they just suck now

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
OK K.O.
The first half of the first season was pretty funny, but the second half turned into Steven Universe with subtle gay references and a ridiculous “gun control” episode that had nothing to do with the show.

There was also an episode where they seemed to favor the idea of falling in love with sex robots, despite the fact that this show was supposed to be made for young teenagers that haven’t turned 18 yet.

Reactions: Dr.Sturgeon

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
That actor left because he's playing Master Chief in the new halo show.

Mr. Nancy and Mr. World are also gone.
Something pretty crazy must have happened behind the scenes. I know Gillian Anderson left because Fuller was ejected as showrunner, but I didn't know Crispin Glover had, too. Why did Glover exit?

Orlando Jones was gotten rid of, allegedly, because his character was extremely incendiary and, let's say, would have been 100% for burning your own city down because of "racial injustice," and the new showrunner said something about black America not needing that message right now. (Which I think is hard to argue with, though that doesn't explain getting rid of the actor/character.) Jones was really pissed off, and I can see why. The portrayal of Anansi was odd and not at all like the book (the show in general is extremely negative and anti-American, unlike the book), but Jones gave a great performance.

The Leprechaun leaving is likely the final straw for most viewers. I think Emily Browning's character is one of the worst things about the show, but at least her banter with the Leprechaun was good. And now that's gone.

Who wants to keep watching this show when the people involved don't even want to make it?

Dr.Sturgeon

Professional Lurker
kiwifarms.net
OK K.O.
The first half of the first season was pretty funny, but the second half turned into Steven Universe with subtle gay references and a ridiculous “gun control” episode that had nothing to do with the show.

There was also an episode where they seemed to favor the idea of falling in love with sex robots, despite the fact that this show was supposed to be made for young teenagers that haven’t turned 18 yet.
Yeah i stopped watching after the gun control episode. Fun villain of the weak action show were the heroes and the villains use all sorts of different weapons, remember guns i mean skeleton remotes bad.
Fuck off.
I don't remember the sex bot episode tho.

Lackadaisy

ZA FOOL
kiwifarms.net
The portrayal of Anansi was odd and not at all like the book (the show in general is extremely negative and anti-American, unlike the book), but Jones gave a great performance.
That's another reason I stopped watching. They ruined Anansi and made him into this hate filled, negative character.

Everyone became such hollow, bitter husks in the adaptation just because the showrunners wanted to "make a point" about America being a shitty place. That's not what the original material was about at all. It was a celebration of the uniqueness of American history/culture/spirit and how it's different from anywhere else because of its patchwork origins and the generations of immigrants that built it. America is a beautiful place in the book, and the show just spits on it.

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
Everyone became such hollow, bitter husks in the adaptation just because the showrunners wanted to "make a point" about America being a shitty place. That's not what the original material was about at all. It was a celebration of the uniqueness of American history/culture/spirit and how it's different from anywhere else because of its patchwork origins and the generations of immigrants that built it. America is a beautiful place in the book, and the show just spits on it.
The book was written before 9/11, and the show was written after 9/11 and after leftists had collectively lost their minds. It was inevitable, maybe.

Very sad that Fuller and Gaiman thought negativity was a great direction for the material, though. The parts of the show that were faithful to the book were great, and I loved a lot of the visuals and the ways they approached adapting certain things. (Media, for example.)

As for Anansi, I thought it was strange that they would give him the introduction they gave him and then (apparently? I didn't watch all of season two) not explore those themes further. Because when he inspired those slaves to burn up their own boat, he was gaining them all as self-sacrifices, wasn't he? Not exactly the "social justice through black rage" message it might look like at first glance.

• Agree
Reactions: Lackadaisy

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Orlando Jones was gotten rid of, allegedly, because his character was extremely incendiary and, let's say, would have been 100% for burning your own city down because of "racial injustice," and the new showrunner said something about black America not needing that message right now. (Which I think is hard to argue with, though that doesn't explain getting rid of the actor/character.) Jones was really pissed off, and I can see why. The portrayal of Anansi was odd and not at all like the book (the show in general is extremely negative and anti-American, unlike the book), but Jones gave a great performance.
It had more to do with Jones doing uncredited re-writes on the entire back half of season 2, because the showrunner for season 2 was an empty suit that couldn't run a pissup in a brewery. New showrunner for season 3 wanted him to get back in his box and just stick to acting and when he wouldn't he was given the boot.

I__quit

Continue? W/E
kiwifarms.net
Shameless (Season Six) By this point, I care about none of these human trainwrecks. All of them sank to a level that was easily avoided had they not made stupid and selfish decisions at every opportunity. Who do I root for, exactly? Debbie raped a young man, got pregnant and miraculously forgot (or stopped giving a shit) about child care. Lip seeks enlightenment through his dick and not his brain, even though he was a precocious student when sober and wanting to better himself. Kev can't be asked about building a loving life for his family because his throbbing two chick dick is deafening the poor man. The Gallagher family is so useless they couldn't kill Frank. And they should have killed Frank. tl;Dr It just wasn't "fun" to watch anymore.

Wentworth (Season Four) Well...
Bea's suicide-by-bitch
. I'd like to watch the series in full but my puritan ass can't imagine it keeping grounded origins with such a dramatic change. Don't get me wrong, the subplots, character arcs and structured chaos of the corrupt institution never lost me. The season finale wasn't even that big of a surprise because the development of other characters hinted toward a greater power struggle inside the jail. I just have to be in the mood to go back to it, I guess.

Criminal Minds (Season Six) Or season 5. The short addition of Ashley is what made me lose interest. Any characters who are brought in as replacements either grow into their role or stick out like a Jenga piece on a picture puzzle. Writers try to make them interesting from the start to draw the audience in, but the daughter of a serial killer whose every move orbits around that fact, as if it's her whole damn personality? Nah, bud. Also, the two-part episode guest starring Tim Curry was, in my opinion, amazingly written, acted, directed and scored. The rest of season six just felt like cable cop reruns afterwards. After learning of all the cast lost in the following years, I'll leave it at that.

Law and Order: SVU (Season 17 ) I started late into the show, starting at season 13. I didn't appreciate the gradual dip in quality until I watched it from season 1. As a newfag I stuck with it for Barba and Carisi. Before season 19 was released in full I learned that Barba leaves in the end, and in one episode Carisi got pissy in a scene with Rollins because she wasn't dtf (not sure the episode). I didn't bother with the last few seasons. And the show should get a monumental achievement for releasing one of the WORST video gamers and evil crime episodes of anything. I can just imagine Ice T making that angry inquisitive gangsta expression all through the rehearsals.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shameless (Season Six) By this point, I care about none of these human trainwrecks. All of them sank to a level that was easily avoided had they not made stupid and selfish decisions at every opportunity. Who do I root for, exactly? Debbie raped a young man, got pregnant and miraculously forgot (or stopped giving a shit) about child care. Lip seeks enlightenment through his dick and not his brain, even though he was a precocious student when sober and wanting to better himself. Kev can't be asked about building a loving life for his family because his throbbing two chick dick is deafening the poor man. The Gallagher family is so useless they couldn't kill Frank. And they should have killed Frank. tl;Dr It just wasn't "fun" to watch anymore.

Wentworth (Season Four) Well...
Bea's suicide-by-bitch
. I'd like to watch the series in full but my puritan ass can't imagine it keeping grounded origins with such a dramatic change. Don't get me wrong, the subplots, character arcs and structured chaos of the corrupt institution never lost me. The season finale wasn't even that big of a surprise because the development of other characters hinted toward a greater power struggle inside the jail. I just have to be in the mood to go back to it, I guess.

Criminal Minds (Season Six) Or season 5. The short addition of Ashley is what made me lose interest. Any characters who are brought in as replacements either grow into their role or stick out like a Jenga piece on a picture puzzle. Writers try to make them interesting from the start to draw the audience in, but the daughter of a serial killer whose every move orbits around that fact, as if it's her whole damn personality? Nah, bud. Also, the two-part episode guest starring Tim Curry was, in my opinion, amazingly written, acted, directed and scored. The rest of season six just felt like cable cop reruns afterwards. After learning of all the cast lost in the following years, I'll leave it at that.

Law and Order: SVU (Season 17 ) I started late into the show, starting at season 13. I didn't appreciate the gradual dip in quality until I watched it from season 1. As a newfag I stuck with it for Barba and Carisi. Before season 19 was released in full I learned that Barba leaves in the end, and in one episode Carisi got pissy in a scene with Rollins because she wasn't dtf (not sure the episode). I didn't bother with the last few seasons. And the show should get a monumental achievement for releasing one of the WORST video gamers and evil crime episodes of anything. I can just imagine Ice T making that angry inquisitive gangsta expression all through the rehearsals.
Criminal Minds suffered from the Handsome Jack effect. The Boston Reaper was such a good antagonist that anything written afterwards would look bad in comparison.

Dexter had this problem too.

Last edited:

I Love Beef

お前わもう。。。。。満でるー!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably going to get flak (well as I always do), but Seinfeld.

It's not because of the humor, it's not because of the cast, it's probably because I am getting old and my sense of human sensibility is probably either decaying or growing like a tumor. Just the other day, I watched the episode where the group is lost in the mall parking garage, and I just cringed at the utter lack of common sense. We're talking about a group of people who live in New York City, one of the world's most intense urban centers of civilization, and they can't even do what it takes to find their car, yet are able maneuver around knowing the difference from Manhattan to Queens to South Bronx and Harlem. Also, the self entitlement is up to where I can barely relate to them. What does it take to wait for someone to go use the bathroom instead of pissing in a corner of the garage? I'm surprised they're not dead.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably going to get flak (well as I always do), but Seinfeld.

It's not because of the humor, it's not because of the cast, it's probably because I am getting old and my sense of human sensibility is probably either decaying or growing like a tumor. Just the other day, I watched the episode where the group is lost in the mall parking garage, and I just cringed at the utter lack of common sense. We're talking about a group of people who live in New York City, one of the world's most intense urban centers of civilization, and they can't even do what it takes to find their car, yet are able maneuver around knowing the difference from Manhattan to Queens to South Bronx and Harlem. Also, the self entitlement is up to where I can barely relate to them. What does it take to wait for someone to go use the bathroom instead of pissing in a corner of the garage? I'm surprised they're not dead.
I don't think you quite understand the show. They're supposed to be useless self centered assholes, that's the point.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
That's another reason I stopped watching. They ruined Anansi and made him into this hate filled, negative character.

It’s a sad reflection of the changes in attitude about America from when the book was written to today.

Robert James

Not your average John Smith
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can’t enjoy HIMYM the same way anymore after the way it ended. Like the entire show lives a really bad taste in my mouth now, despite really enjoying a lot of the actor’s performances in it, especially Neil Patrick Harris.
The fact that the last season is about how Barney and Robyn are totaly in love and will make it no matter what and it ends with them being divorced was a kick in the nut's to everyone. Combine that with the activist lawyer becoming a judge, and that the entire point of this story was about the father asking his kids if he could fuck robyn was insulting. It makes you think about the premise way too much, the father spends all this time telling his kids about all his adventures and sexual romps and when it finally comes time to talk about their mom he gives her a few minutes of lip service. Also every character but barney were morally horrible people but got great lives where Barney got beaten with the karma stick even though the last two seasons were about him redeeming himself.

I don't think you quite understand the show. They're supposed to be useless self centered assholes, that's the point.
Yeah, but unlike shows like It's always sunny they aren't really punished for being horrible people, the universe always ends up going in there favor and you just get sick of watching it.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also every character but barney were morally horrible people but got great lives where Barney got beaten with the karma stick even though the last two seasons were about him redeeming himself.
It starts to make a whole lot of sense when you read what one of the creators(who Ted was based on) had to say.

4E4EE348-41C8-48F2-A850-76AFBC08909D.jpegCE65BCED-AEB0-4516-817D-FAB5C3B59DBD.jpeg5EFD33D2-A8BB-4485-82DC-18FB90D6BBDD.jpeg

Dude is literally mad people liked the “bad one” over his self-insert.

Tags
None