Shows you've had a falling out with - IE, they just suck now

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
The Alienist is a Victorian-era show set in New York where a psychiatrist, a journalist and a police secretary hunt a serial killer. The show looks very nice and a lot of emphasis is put on the "I need to get into the mind of the killer". In the last episode the group catches up with the killer and after a fight the psychiatrist ends up on top of a water reservoir with the dying killer. The hero then asks the killer why he killed people upon which the killer promptly dies without giving an answer. I tried telling my massive blue balls that it's about "oh we'll never truly know why serial killers kill, that's the message" but my balls remained blue for a while.
I am absolutely fascinated by this show because I don't understand why I don't love it. The cast is good/great, the scripts are solid, the show looks incredible, and it's a period piece, which I love... but something about it doesn't work for me.

They're finally doing a second "season," so maybe I'll figure it out then. I like it a lot despite my issues with it.

Oats12345

kiwifarms.net
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I liked first Season (tho I skipped forward when the annoying blm chick and the tranny were on screen) but then it got so dumb I noped out.

But I must say that in this series it makes sense for so many characters to be non-straight because they are literally Satan worshipping hedonists. I liked this appproach. But the troon and the blm fatty were stupid from the start.

Thank god (heh) it's cancelled
So they will not have a fourth season?
I watch the show, it was OK.
Sabrina was fine I like that her character arc was her realizing not to be a feminist.

Her two friends come off as token sjw stereotypes

ToddleDoddle

kiwifarms.net
WestWorld - season 3 became the Season of Delores God Empress and it became a slog to watch through episode 1. Plus no western so MEH
Westworld lost me in season 2. When their solution to how a few unarmed androids were going to take on a bunch of highly trained heavily armed mercenaries was for the mercenaries to be grossly incompetent at their job for no reason, I took it as a sign that the writers weren't putting in much effort.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Westworld lost me in season 2. When their solution to how a few unarmed androids were going to take on a bunch of highly trained heavily armed mercenaries was for the mercenaries to be grossly incompetent at their job for no reason, I took it as a sign that the writers weren't putting in much effort.
Had it's moments in Season2 with the various parks that were VERY interesting to go through, Man in Black's scenes were great. The slow burn through Bernard's memories were fun to watch.

Mayve became Neo and Delores became Lawnmower Man and the mercenaries became the battle droids from the Star Wars prequels.

I am absolutely fascinated by this show because I don't understand why I don't love it. The cast is good/great, the scripts are solid, the show looks incredible, and it's a period piece, which I love... but something about it doesn't work for me.

They're finally doing a second "season," so maybe I'll figure it out then. I like it a lot despite my issues with it.
Because they RUSHED the story from the books. The books were amazing to read and were page turners I couldn't put down. I went into the show as it had EVERYTHING but when watching it they compressed everything into the last 2 episodes that was literally half of the book and removed a huge chunk of the plot.

Last edited:

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
Star Trek Discovery can go suck the fattest of cocks. I will never forgive it for ruining a scifi classic.

It poisoned the IP for me to the point that even when I rewatch older entries I had previously enjoyed, like TNG and DS9, all I can think of is the pretentious SJW bullcrap Discovery has supplanted in place of actual writing and character drama; Things that made up the IP as a whole before that point.

Star Trek was always a liberal show, yes- But it never treated the audience with open contempt and patronization like Discovery has done, and typically allowed room for dialogue and interpretation beyond just beating the viewer over the head with agendas.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Star Trek Discovery can go suck the fattest of cocks. I will never forgive it for ruining a scifi classic.

It poisoned the IP for me to the point that even when I rewatch older entries I had previously enjoyed, like TNG and DS9, all I can think of is the pretentious SJW bullcrap Discovery has supplanted in place of actual writing and character drama; Things that made up the IP as a whole before that point.

Star Trek was always a liberal show, yes- But it never treated the audience with open contempt and patronization like Discovery has done, and typically allowed room for dialogue and interpretation beyond just beating the viewer over the head with agendas.
It's not just that Nu-Trek has beaten people over the head with its agendas. It's that Nu-Trek completely spat on what the original shows were all about to begin with. An optimistic vision of the future where people put aside their differences to tackle problems. A future where people joined together to be part of an organization that valued intelligence and sought diplomatic solutions to conflicts. A future where people didn't take constant offense to unenlightened behavior because they had been taught not to fear words. Nu-Trek took all of that and threw it into the space latrine by filling the series' with brain-dead characters, stupid plots, unwanted revisionism, and the kind of gore and swearing that only 11 year olds would think is mature. People complained that the action-oriented Picard of the 90's movie series was a dumbed down version of the cerebral Picard of the TV series. But compared to the decrepit and reviled Picard of Nu-Trek, Movie Picard was a paragon.

Last edited:

Dysnomia

Party like it's COVID-1999
kiwifarms.net
I begrudgingly watched the last season of Roseanne just because I started watching as a kid and might as well ride it out til the end. But Roseanne using her own show as a test kitchen for a US version of Absolutely Fabulous was unbearable. Thank the broadcasting gods she never got her US AbFab abomination. Because judging by the way Roseanne went in the last season it would have been horrible.

Now I don't choose to watch them but The Goldbergs and Neighbors, or The Neighborhood (The one with Cedric the Entertainer) are pretty bad and I got sick of sitting through them after a couple of episodes. The one with Cedric is awful. Most white people in black neighborhoods don't act like Whitey the Wonderbread Retard. I got annoyed with the "lol whypipo" theme pretty fast. Every episode is the same stupid shtick. Normally I like Cedric but my God does this show get old fast.

Bob Hearts Abashola or however you spell it is bad too.

Reactions: frozenrunner

whogoesthere

In defeat, malice. In victory, revenge.
kiwifarms.net
Absolutely right. People talk about TWD getting worse in the later seasons, but it was always the same unevenly-written show. You just get tired after a while of accepting the shows numerous "asks," sick of the wasted characters and botched plotlines which accumulate over time, and you give up.
I was the same with that show. I enjoyed 1 because well you know, zombie tv show, kinda novel. But it was full of problems. One of the main issues I had with that show and why I dumped it as season 4 kicked off was its so fucking pretentious and needy. It so wants to be a deep and emotional show, about the walking dead eating people. Its the wrong fucking setting for trying to rip off Breaking Bad and its love of long drawn out scenes.

The point of drawing out a scene with that shitty fucking Enya music is to show some great emotional event having a toll on someone. But you have to use it sparingly, not several times every fucking episode. I was complete fed up with scenes featuring Carol gazing out into the distance as some gay as shit pad synths did a bit of "my first ambient black metal band on FL studio". Over and over again, that dour faced cunt having a good stare at some trees, such emotion, so very depth.

Want to know a far better zombie show? Z Nation. Fuck anyone who claims otherwise. Zombies are kinda daft, and you should treat them that way because its what's needed. That show never took itself serious and is full of nonsense, but it embraced it and was more than happy to dance in its own filth. Doc getting a zombie high is so stupid, but are you not glad it was done, was it not funny? TWD would have had another scene of Carol looking at a dead mans rotting anus whilst some Celine Dion played, to express her failing mental state.

Baguette Child

so tender and mild
kiwifarms.net
Want to know a far better zombie show? Z Nation.
Completely and unironically, yes. Z Nation has ten times the creativity and, quite frankly, makes way better use of the zombie apoc setting than TWD ever did. Is it stupid and goofy? Sure. But at least it has a goal for what the tone of the show is supposed to be and actually fucking accomplishes that.

Last edited:

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
I see a bunch of SVU posts, but don't feel like going through and quoting all of them. However, out of all the Law and Order series, I liked SVU the least, since it was "Law and Order for women". Even though as a woman I prefer the regular Law and Order by far. But the earlier seasons were okay for background noise, and the cast was good. The series rapidly fell apart after Christopher Meloni left however and I stopped putting it on for background noise. The last time I had it on it wasn't even recognizable as a Law and Order series, it was just a generic drama for women that just happened to feature the Law and Order name.

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
I had already started drifting out of watching The Walking Dead for a while before then, but when the literal garbage people and their spiky hellraiser zombie arena showed up I dropped it completely.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
I remember thinking the first episode of the fifth season (or the first episode after he finds out his wife is dead, whichever season that is) was the best episode of the show, period. Really interesting character stuff in that one, and because it was at the beginning of the season, it could essentially ignore overarching plot.

The show is absolutely not worth finishing, though. I was on the edge of quitting it the entire time I was watching it, and the ending actually angered me... even though I had heard it was supposed to be terrible and unpopular.

It was John Lithgow, by the way :story:
I stuck with Dexter to the bitter end and man, was it difficult, it was such a relief when the show finally ended.

I kept holding out hope it would correct course though which kept me watching but despise one glimpse of potential when Deb finally found out Dexter was a serial killer, it never did.

• Feels
Reactions: frozenrunner

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
I gave up on The Walking Dead after the first part of season 2. I was thinking, "damn, season 1 was so good . . ."

Star Trek Discovery I knew was going to be shit and I watched it anyway and I have noone but myself to blame for eating a big steaming pile of shit. Same with Picard.

I watched the first two seasons of Fear The Walking Dead thinking that it'd be at least better than what The Walking Dead became. I was very wrong.

The Simpsons. Full stop. After rewatching several times what I thought were the good seasons, I think the best answer is "It died with Phil Hartman."

Doctor Who. I watched the first season of nuWho having grown up with classic Who. (Tom Baker is the best Doctor. I will fight you on this.) After the Tennant seasons I realized, "This isn't getting any better" and dropped it. I do like the Capaldi seasons. I just don't like Matt Smith and I don't like femme Doctor. Missy however is delightful and was clearly Moffat's attempt as a Take That to the Superwholock fangirls.

• Feels
Reactions: TatsunoKuri

Battlecruiser3000ad

greetings frum india i hate gays
kiwifarms.net
Completely and unironically, yes. Z Nation has ten times the creativity and, quite frankly, makes way better use of the zombie apoc setting than TWD ever did. Is it stupid and goofy? Sure. But at least it has a goal for what the tone of the show is supposed to be and actually fucking accomplishes that.
Took me couple episodes to get into it, but after that it blew TWD out of the water for me.
Still have a season or two unwatched, but unlike TWD I will finish watching it.

And I used to love TWD in the beginning.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I gave up on The Walking Dead after the first part of season 2. I was thinking, "damn, season 1 was so good . . ."
That was when Frank Darabont was involved. The only time actual talent was in charge.

Doctor Who. I watched the first season of nuWho having grown up with classic Who. (Tom Baker is the best Doctor. I will fight you on this.)
Muh bro. Tom Baker is the GOAT Doctor. And the only ones even near him were Pertwee, Troughton and Hartnell. Davison wasn't terrible.

And John Nathan-Turner, a pederast who preyed on underage fans of the show, ruined the show.

a nervous creature

OH GOD
kiwifarms.net
The Office. It starts to get tank around season 4, and after season 7 when Steve Carrell leaves it hits rock bottom. I've never seen a show deviate from what it originally was quite like this one.

I have respect for shows that know when it's time to end.

kaien

kiwifarms.net
The first couple seasons of Sons of Anarchy I remember being fun. Great dumb violent pulp escapades.

I think it was when season five was about to start, a friend asked me, "Hey, I was thinking about picking up this show, can you explain what's going on and get me up to speed on the plot?" I said, "No. Not humanly possible."

Tags
None