Simpsons Responds to Apu Controversy - Update: Sped gets Apu Banned from Simpson’s

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Which character will be axed next for being problematic?

• BumbleBee Man

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • The Sea Captain

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Cletus

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Dr. nick

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dr. Hibbert

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Smithers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not much to say about this. Simpsons have been dead for a very long time, so ultimately I do not care, but this does set a horrible example for content makers to follow. Here is a great video refuting "The Problem With Apu" which says it better than I ever will.
Everyone should watch this! This makes all the sense in the world.

Kondabulu
>Makes documentary where he spends 45 minutes sperging about Apu which basically ends with him punching Apu because he hates the character so much
Also Kondabulu
"WTF I'm so sad he's gone. I swear I didn't want this to happen you guys"
Hopefully that ends his career.

Munchingonfish

kiwifarms.net
Kondabulu
>Makes documentary where he spends 45 minutes sperging about Apu which basically ends with him punching Apu because he hates the character so much
Also Kondabulu
"WTF I'm so sad he's gone. I swear I didn't want this to happen you guys"

His entire career hinged on being able to cry about Apu. Now Apu is gone and soon so will his career. Time to go back to whining about Trump like every blue checkmark.

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

This will all end in tears, I just know it.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Marge Simpson was shocked to discover the number of stereotypes in a book that she was reading, so set out to re-write it for 2018.

However, in rewriting it she discovered that she saps most of what was good about the book from it.

She then said, "What am I supposed to do?" before Lisa Simpson broke the fourth wall and said: "Something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive, is now politically incorrect. What can you do?"

A photo of Apu then appeared in the shot with the caption: "Don't have a cow" before Marge said: "Some things will be dealt with at a later date" and Lisa added: "If at all".

This is a weaksauce way of addressing this nontroversy, the real way of answering to it would be to make an episode focused solely on India where they supercharge the worst stereotypes to 11, right down to Homer squatting next to an Indian to take a shit on the street while groaning in pleasure "Ahhh, no wonder they keep saying India's gonna become a global superpower!" followed by Bart rolling in cow shit for good luck.

Best part is it doesn't even happen in India proper, they're just Apu's family visiting Springfield to enrich the local culture.

Wesley Willis

Rock over London, Burn down Chicago!
kiwifarms.net
The Simpsons writers are ten steps ahead of everyone else. The people complaining about Apu are all Westerners, who happen to not be white. They're not Indian by nationality. People who live in India are likely more offended by the "don't have a cow" remarks than the portrayal of a character, because it's a sacred animal. This slipped right on by those agnostic western liberal Dikshits.

Also, DIKSHIT!

kidatari

Super Pimp
kiwifarms.net
I joined KW months after this thread was made and of course wasn't aware of it
that being said. This douche bag, Shithole Justice Warriors Comedian is one of the biggest damn beta bitch cucks around.
I seen him interviewing Lindy West, a crazy fat Cunt'Wave feminist
And Cunts like these is what is ruining comedian
so, yeah, I don't like this guy

Chester Rigby

Eventually relevant. Trust me.
kiwifarms.net
Apu is a business owner, I suppose, but if you did artificially rewrite the character to put him on a level with Burns then you’d have a different problem - wealthy people in The Simpsons are typically played as uncaring, out of touch, cruel or even evil. Apu would either have to take those qualities on or he’d quickly fade into the background.

In fact, there's a comic in which he partners with Burns and, yes, becomes somewhat evil. Then, he realizes that it's a lot better not to be that wealthy, but a good person instead.
60445-5197-93440-1-simpsons-comics.jpg

Last edited:

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I joined KW months after this thread was made and of course wasn't aware of it
that being said. This douche bag, Shithole Justice Warriors Comedian is one of the biggest damn beta bitch cucks around.
I seen him interviewing Lindy West, a crazy fat Cunt'Wave feminist
And Cunts like these is what is ruining comedian
so, yeah, I don't like this guy
Hari’s actually making a movie with Cunty West and her black husband (it’s technically his movie). They ‘ve been begging for money to produce it.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Comedy embraces stereotypes. Why the left feels they need to kill humor is beyond me.
And comedy also does well in making fun of said stereotypes and the culture they can come from. The Boondocks can come to mind with stuff like this:

It can also be noted that Apu isn't exactly just "store owner of Indian descent" when he has moments like this: