Simpsons Responds to Apu Controversy - Update: Sped gets Apu Banned from Simpson’s

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Which character will be axed next for being problematic?

• BumbleBee Man

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • The Sea Captain

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Cletus

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Dr. nick

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Dr. Hibbert

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Smithers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thismanlies

Who Wants a Balloon Animal?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reminder: Life is suffering. Suicide is painless.
View attachment 578574
Fuck modern media and political/diversity/sjw/whatever bullshit. Simpsons may have been shit for years and deserved to end ages ago but this is not the way I was hoping it would start to die. RIP Apu. You deserved better.
Not every death can be one where you go peacefully in your sleep. Sometimes you have to watch a loved one wither away in front of you. You try to steel yourself knowing the inevitable is coming. Hell, at some point you might even fool yourself into thinking that you'll take it in stride. You think you'll be sad, sure, but you'll be able to take it in stride.

Then the inevitable happens. You get that phone call, you read about it, or someone tells you that they're no longer here. You try to distract yourself in any way you can. You take a walk, see a movie, or go out and buy something nice. But eventually you notice it. Their seat at the dinner table is empty. Their favorite chair is cold because nobody has sat in it. You attend a family gathering expecting them to be there, yet all you feel is an ever-deepening emptiness that's growing inside you.

That's how the death of the Simpsons will be for millions of people. They may deny it now. But when the Simpsons dies, a part of them will too.

Maxliam

You all disgust me.
kiwifarms.net
Not every death can be one where you go peacefully in your sleep. Sometimes you have to watch a loved one wither away in front of you. You try to steel yourself knowing the inevitable is coming. Hell, at some point you might even fool yourself into thinking that you'll take it in stride. You think you'll be sad, sure, but you'll be able to take it in stride.

Then the inevitable happens. You get that phone call, you read about it, or someone tells you that they're no longer here. You try to distract yourself in any way you can. You take a walk, see a movie, or go out and buy something nice. But eventually you notice it. Their seat at the dinner table is empty. Their favorite chair is cold because nobody has sat in it. You attend a family gathering expecting them to be there, yet all you feel is an ever-deepening emptiness that's growing inside you.

That's how the death of the Simpsons will be for millions of people. They may deny it now. But when the Simpsons dies, a part of them will too.
It's been dead for a majority of it's run at this point. After the 9th season it was going down hill. When they did stupid shit like Principal and the Pauper and killing off Maude Flanders, it just started its route to Zombie Simpsons. It's so seriously disjointed compared to the early years where stories were coherent and funny. It seriously comes off as fan fic brought to life.

I was watching a recent episode on Hulu where Homer gets Flanders a job at the power plant. Now that could be funny if it were classic simpsons but Ned didn't do his normal Ned stuff, even the Flanderized version. It was....painful and boring. Like watching a pot boil except it's set so low that it doesn't really do that.

It was a disjointed mess with no linear storyline or stream of conscious. I was just amazed at how terrible it was.

Then they pussied out and listened to this whiny fag. I tried watching his "stand up" and it's just as faggy and lame as I expected. I'm glad Trump pisses him off. People like him are one reason I voted for Trump. That and I actually like owning guns and having lower taxes.

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
An Indian's Response to The Simpsons Apu Controversy:

Description of video:

There's been a lot of talk around the Apu character from The Simpson, the fact that it is a stereotype and the fact that it is played by a white actor in Hank Azaria. Plus, the Show's response to this controversy in a recent episode fanned the flames even further. There's even a bloody documentary on it now. But today, I talk about why the outrage is a bit overblown and why it takes attention and energy away from things that actually dishonest and deserve attention.

The Gangster Computer

A spooky skeleton computer prepared for the future
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's been dead for a majority of it's run at this point. After the 9th season it was going down hill. When they did stupid shit like Principal and the Pauper and killing off Maude Flanders, it just started its route to Zombie Simpsons. It's so seriously disjointed compared to the early years where stories were coherent and funny. It seriously comes off as fan fic brought to life.

I was watching a recent episode on Hulu where Homer gets Flanders a job at the power plant. Now that could be funny if it were classic simpsons but Ned didn't do his normal Ned stuff, even the Flanderized version. It was....painful and boring. Like watching a pot boil except it's set so low that it doesn't really do that.

It was a disjointed mess with no linear storyline or stream of conscious. I was just amazed at how terrible it was.

Then they pussied out and listened to this whiny fag. I tried watching his "stand up" and it's just as faggy and lame as I expected. I'm glad Trump pisses him off. People like him are one reason I voted for Trump. That and I actually like owning guns and having lower taxes.
Pretty much this. I'm all for the Simpsons deserving to end as far back as season 7 (not to mention season 7 gave us "22 Short Films About Springfield" which honestly felt like the perfect finale for the series and Apu) since what we have now is just a terrible mess. What bothers me though is that instead of dying because of low ratings or some business shit, it instead starts to die because of pandering to some obnoxious sjw twat who was more concerned with "muh representation" than the actual quality of the show. I admit, Apu's character, much like the rest of the Simpsons really went to shit after season 8 or 9, especially after they gave him a wife and family and made his life a living hell. The newer seasons also keep portraying him as an obnoxious ass with growing anger issues for some reason with little respect for his own culture (with him even casually calling Ganesh "nonsense") when in the first seasons he would've seen his cultural shit as a valuable aspect of his past but not something he would regularly bring up or mock himself, since it was Homer's job to take light jabs at Apu's culture rather than Apu himself. The Simpsons is proof that entropy can even affect fiction and the best things in life are those that know when to stop before decay hits them too hard. Now the Simpsons has more bad seasons than good ones along with even more decay coming its way after this fiasco.

Last edited:
N

NG 070

kiwifarms.net
I find it funny that the guy who started this whole debacle is disappointed they're getting rid of Apu entirely (allegedly).

Like, the socjus people in this case are, essentially, getting what they want: they wanted Fox to deal with Apu, and that's what they're doing. And suddenly, they're surprised that they're going with the nuclear option, because it's just not worth the time and energy to engage with these people that can and never will be pleased. Seems to me big corporations would rather just get rid of "problematic" things entirely, rather than change things for these progressive/socjus types and then get screamed at while said types move the goalposts a few more feet.

If this were classic Simpsons, they'd probably have told them in no uncertain terms to go fuck themselves. But this ain't classic Simpsons, nor has it been for years.

Maggots on a Train v2

new and improved account
kiwifarms.net
I find it funny that the guy who started this whole debacle is disappointed they're getting rid of Apu entirely (allegedly).

Like, the socjus people in this case are, essentially, getting what they want: they wanted Fox to deal with Apu, and that's what they're doing. And suddenly, they're surprised that they're going with the nuclear option, because it's just not worth the time and energy to engage with these people that can and never will be pleased. Seems to me big corporations would rather just get rid of "problematic" things entirely, rather than change things for these progressive/socjus types and then get screamed at while said types move the goalposts a few more feet.

If this were classic Simpsons, they'd probably have told them in no uncertain terms to go fuck themselves. But this ain't classic Simpsons, nor has it been for years.
I'm glad that Fox ultimately shut all the socjus shit down. The people behind the documentary probably expected some of their group would get hired by Fox, and do favors for the rest later on. I bet they even had a part 2 "how we defeated Fox and re-imagined Apu and why it matters " media tour planned out as a victory lap.

Edit: And, of course, Part 2 would have been made Jake Alley style, using weasel tactics to shit all over everybody in the studio, but still give the accusers a way to backtrack.

Last edited:

yeahweknow

kiwifarms.net
This is a weaksauce way of addressing this nontroversy, the real way of answering to it would be to make an episode focused solely on India where they supercharge the worst stereotypes to 11, right down to Homer squatting next to an Indian to take a shit on the street while groaning in pleasure "Ahhh, no wonder they keep saying India's gonna become a global superpower!" followed by Bart rolling in cow shit for good luck.

Best part is it doesn't even happen in India proper, they're just Apu's family visiting Springfield to enrich the local culture.

that sounds like a lost episode creepypasta

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Looks like everyone's favorite store clerk might be getting the ban hammer soon...

'The Simpsons' reportedly dropping Apu amid debate over character
Archive: https://archive.md/dJJ9K
This is a really good update to the story, thanks for remembering the May thread.

Some butthurt from a different Hari that famous Hari retweeted:
upload_2018-10-29_9-16-48.png

upload_2018-10-29_9-17-20.png

The worst kind of hypocrite, "This isn't what we wanted! Also we weren't even watching, and our controversy is the only reason Simpsons are even relevant so why aren't we getting what we wanted?!"

upload_2018-10-29_9-21-3.png

And to think. If the simpsons had instead had an episode where Apu viciously tells off some 3rd generation indian kids who insult his "stereotypical indian speech" that they should appreciate the goddamn PRIVILEGE their grandparents gave them by coming to the US, and speaking with their "Stereotypical accents". Then it would rain outside, and it turns out the indian kids were just Lisa simpson and some other shitheads in brownface. Apu then drives by in his new car, sloshing them with muddy water, turning them brown again. The episode ends with them at eachother's throat for "Cultural appropriation".

Bam. The simpsons gets more attention than it's had for years, people mad about SJW garbage tune in for a few episodes, the simpson's zombie gets a little blood transfusion, everyone but perpetually mad assholes are happy.

But no, instead we do the "Get woke go broke" version. Yeah, just take out one of the funniest, most iconic characters. Not like he was part of what defined the fucking simpsons or anything.

They should replace him with an islamic shopkeeper, but he's just as fundamentalist as ned flanders. The two get in a hilarious argument over whose faith is more true, which is decided by the guy cutting off ned's head. The town celebrates his beautiful and diverse culture, and enacts sharia law. Lisa has acid thrown in her face, and she thanks her attacker for showing her the error of her ways. Unfortunately in doing so she speaks without being spoken to, and has her head cut off. The disembodied head blinks out the following in morse code "Thank you for allowing me to appreciate the beauty of your culture".