Six Days in Fallujah Is Complicated and Painful For Those Connected to the Real Events - Those with connections to the Second Battle of Fallujah discuss the Middle East in media and mistrust of the US military, and ask who the game will actually ask players to empathize with.

• Downtime due to DDoS attacks still. I'm waiting on different providers to give me what I need to deal with it long-term.

Fuck Y'all

Ale ameryczka najlepsza, c'nie?
kiwifarms.net
'feels bad for shooting people in a game'

Man these people must have major issues with Grand Theft Auto.

I just hope the NPC die more realistically in VI
rated optimistic for believing that T2 will let GTAO go

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Spec Ops the Line ruined the modern shooter genre because now it's nothing but breadtube tier communists complaining about the games. "Modern Warfare is evil for putting the US in a good light" or at this game "is bad for not being anti-war globohomo propaganda".
I love the last part because somewhere Kojima is going "What the fuck am I, chopped liver?" like, his games were always about anti-war stuff, but apparently, that flew over breadtubers.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Mind blown that for a 2021 game article someone thought Anita Sarkeesian was a necessary take to get. She has nothing intelligent to say on game dev, military shooters or middle eastern perspectives.

Shroom King

kiwifarms.net
Alongside that came worries about the game’s representation of Iraqi citizens (and Middle Eastern cultures in general), and a wider concern about the responsibility of trying to turn a real-life war -- particularly such a recent, bloody, and controversial one -- into an interactive entertainment experience.

Meanwhile, every ten seconds there is a World War II shooter that turns everyone in Germany into a Nazi, a zombie, a demon, or a hybrid of all three.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What They Say: “You need to have better representation in your fiction.”

What I Hear: “We care more that the protagonist is an indigenous two-spirit translesbian single motherfather than we care about the plot, so don’t even bother with world-building; just throw a cardboard cutout minority in there or we’ll crucify you in the court of public opinion. It doesn’t matter if the setting fits.”

What They Say: “Everything is political. You can’t just say it’s non-political because that means you’re reinforcing the toxic status quo.”

What I Hear: “We are always right, you are always wrong, and we like unchallenging media that preaches to our choir, not yours. You had better put our propaganda in your story, or you’ll be sorry.”

What They Say: “This work contains highly problematic narratives. I had to take multiple mental health breaks while reviewing it because it was pushing my buttons.”

What I Hear: “I’m a big crybaby and I can’t handle being upset by anything. I read/watch movies/play games to feel good, because reality has sapped me of all my serotonin and I’m on five different antidepressants and seeing a therapist who’s been teaching me breathing exercises to deal with my lifelong trauma from that one time I tripped over a discarded MAGA hat. I am a wimp and will not rest until you’re all wimps, too.”

When will these people finally understand that not all fiction has to cater to them exclusively? When will they finally understand that literature has value beyond the didactic, and that it also has aesthetic and hedonic value? Do they even understand what fiction is for?

X Pac Heat

Games Shouldn't Be Art
kiwifarms.net
I love the last part because somewhere Kojima is going "What the fuck am I, chopped liver?" like, his games were always about anti-war stuff, but apparently, that flew over breadtubers.

They can't support a game series that featured, among other things...

Pantless Meryl, Overly Sexualized Sniper Wolf, Japanese Bikini Model posters everywhere, Eva constantly dumping her tits out, Big Boss getting "busy" with a girl he thought was underage inside a cardboard box and Quiet being naked cause she breathes through her skin.

The Last Stand

What is this fool saying?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, every ten seconds there is a World War II shooter that turns everyone in Germany into a Nazi, a zombie, a demon, or a hybrid of all three.
Nowadays, the trend is having diversity in WW2 shooters. Even if said diversity bullet point is misrepresentative to the time period.

Drain Todger

Unhinged Doomsayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
rated optimistic for believing that T2 will let GTAO go
Why wouldn't they? They could release GTAO2 and sell you everything they sold you in GTAO again at a huge markup, with a billion useless season passes like RDO that give you one or two shirts, a few belt buckles, and an ammo carry capacity boost.

Never will they implement a functioning anti-cheat, though. Oh no, that's much too technical and difficult. When a guy sitting on a cloud thousands of feet above you makes your car or horse explode with his mind over and over again, you will just have to grin and bear it. :smug: