Six Days in Fallujah - A military shooter about a real battle in the Iraq War, back from the dead and more controversial than ever

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Six Days in Fallujah is a first-person tactical military shooter that recreates true stories of Marines, Soldiers, and Iraqi civilians who fought Al Qaeda during the toughest urban battle since 1968.

Lead a fireteam through accurately recreated encounters from the real battle, built with technology that brings you closer to the uncertainty and tactics of real combat than any other game has explored until now. Each mission is narrated by a real person, while you experience these same moments as if you were them.

Experience how modern combat is really fought, through the eyes of those who were actually there.

After having been dropped by Konami and shelved in 2009 due to controversy from anti-war activists and mainstream media, a military shooter about a real battle from the Iraq War has been re-announced last week with plans to release late this year. Though the developer Highwire Games and publisher Victura are both new companies, they have notable figures from the Halo series including Venutra CEO Peter Tamte (who lead this project originally), designer Jaime Griesemer, and composer Marty O'Donnell. Much has changed in a decade, however, as now the same forces that opposed the game before will be joined by a huge contingent of angry Leftist game journalists and developers, along with their vocal online followers, who outright abhor the US military. I figured that this game deservers a thread here primarily so that we can talk about the drama as it's bound to be relentlessly attacked in perpetuity. I'd compare this to the absurd outcry over Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Tom Clancy's The Division 2, but much worse.

Some notable links:
For examples of the outrage against the Six Days in Fallujah, just look at the Twitter feed of any game journalist.

Last edited:

Just A Butt

are you some sort of mexican?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When is it coming out though?
1613447464488.png
never

Dom Cruise

I'll fucking Mega your ass, bitch!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whoa, they're bringing this back?

I see no reason why if you can make a movie about the Iraq war, you can't make a video game, especially one that strives to be realistic and historically accurate.

For that November 2004 feel that need to have a period detail of a soldier saying how much he can't wait to play Halo 2 when he gets back home.