Six Days in Fallujah - A military shooter about a real battle in the Iraq War, back from the dead and more controversial than ever

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
My mind is still blown by this. I'm seeing the same people who lambasted Jack Thompson back in 2003 regarding the GTA lawsuits pulling the same stunt.

If my head would explode it would have taken out the western continent of the states.
I wonder if the people complaining about Six Days in Fallujah now would agree with the classic fox news argument that GTA caused violence, or do they think video games only cause racism and sexism?

Last edited:

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
I find it funny this dipshit thinks Valve would ban something so mundane.

Rami Ismail explicitly states right at the start of that thread that he doesn't believe Valve would ban Six Days in Fallujah, which is why he then focuses his effort on Microsoft and Sony while being coy about his influence and end goals of industry-wide censorship in exclusive favor of his own preferred anti-US propaganda. Worth noting that CAIR cites him as well, and he's been fighting with other people throughout that Twitter thread today. Recall as well that one of the games he's most famous for is Luftrausers, a simple shmup in which the protagonists uncritically bear Nazi-esque fashion. Nothing wrong with the game, mind you, but it's a peculiar anomaly when put against Rami's vocal moralizing.

A couple of days ago, both Rami Ismail and Rebekah Valentine appeared as panelists for a 30-minute discussion of Six Days in Fallujah hosted by Al Jazeera English:

The final panelist is a small-time Iraqi-Canadian rapper by the name of Narcy. Family history appears to be that his parents are Iraqis who moved to the UAE before he was born, and then they all moved to Montreal, Canada, when he was five and have been there ever since. He was the most vocal, making no bones about his desire for Six Days to be banned and clearly an insurgent sympathizer, particularly when he all but calls Iraqi interpreters traitors who "run around like pets to the American soldiers and tell them where the people are hidden in order for them to get them."

Word is that the devs of Six Days were invited to the discussion, but they declined with only a brief comment. I suspect Al Jazeera broadly hopes to advance the narrative against the game, but it appears that the host and discussion moderator herself is generally ignorant of video games and doesn't actually give a fuck one way or another.

One particularly remarkable part is at the end when the host asks each of the panelists, "What should happen to this game?" Both Rebekah and Rami are apparently uncomfortable with the bad optics of vocalizing their obvious base desire for the game to be banned, so they each formulate a response to appear more moderate. After a little uncommitted vagueness, Rebekah finally says that she hopes the devs "very seriously consider the criticisms" while Rami states promptly, "The game will come out. There's nothing we can do. This should never happen again."

On another note, in light of the frequent claim that Six Days in Fallujah is uniquely unacceptable because it may not feature supposed "war crimes" of Americans during a real conflict, I'd like to point out that nobody cares how you'd be hard-pressed to find WW2 games or other media that make any mention of the extensive civilian-killing bombing campaigns levied by the Allies.

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
Why is this more controversial than Arma? that game lets you fight ww3.
This only allows you to kill some sand nigger, like every game in the last 10 years...

Gezkill

Waifu IlKhan
kiwifarms.net
This only allows you to kill some sand nigger, like every game in the last 10 years...
Don't know, someone post a picture of someone complaining about Six Days and then in another article states that there wasn't enough vietnam games.

I'm here stating "Pick a lane"

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net
Looks like we're going back to the "blame video games for X' because reasons.

I knew this sounded familar.

The current Extra Credits guy who made that video is one of the people who publicly gave support to that change.org petition to ban Six Days in Fallujah, a reversal to the decade-old video by the original EC people.

https://archive.md/H5VwI
39486793846.JPG

He later justifies his call for banning by claiming that the pitch for the game somehow changed from what it was way back then to now become unacceptable when, if anything, it should actually be more to his liking with the explicit new feature of an Iraqi civilian storyline. Or... does he mean to say that he wants to explore the side of the terrorist insurgency? 🤔

https://archive.md/5CHzW
34068346.JPG

What the hell? A journo with a decent take on the situation!?
https://archive.md/hAsLC
To be fair if memory serves Erik Kain has at least some history of non-retarded takes.

Erik Kain has long been making his way in writing, primarily for Forbes, outside of the usual clique of game journalists, and they hate his guts for it. At this point, he's like the only game journalist of note (unless you count podcast personality Colin Moriarty) who will give Six Days a fair shake while still clarifying that he opposes the Iraq War, especially now that editors at IGN have apparently thrown the game under the bus. Besides Forbes, much of his work, including plenty about Six Days, is on his Substack.

As it happens, Erik claims in his latest article about the Al Jazeera panel that he was actually invited to join it, but then the AJ rep never got back to him for whatever reason:
Interestingly, I was invited on the show by an Al Jazeera rep last week. I agreed to go on but was never contacted with any sort of follow-up and I promptly forgot about the whole thing until this video aired. I’m not sure if the show’s producers just decided to go a different route, or if the other guests didn’t want to be on the same show as someone so clearly diabolical.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the people complaining about Six Days in Fallujah now would agree with the classic fox news argument that GTA caused violence, or do they think video games only cause racism and sexism?
They pretty much do, like there have been articles written by these numbnuts going how "Steam can turn yer kid into a Neo Nazi!" or that whole thing with RDR2.
We need a true battlefield vietnam remake... shot some slanties on private servers,,,
I mean so far we have Rising Storm 2, plus apparently, there's a whole mod coming for SQUAD that is gonna be about 'Nam.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net

I've looked into before, and from what I gathered, you're really not shooting brown people all that often in contemporary military shooters, contrary to the popular belief. The enemy combatants are usually white people, probably Eastern European.

Speaking of which, I wonder when we'll get another shooter in which the antagonist is China, if ever. The last one I recall is Battlefield 4 from 2013, the antagonist being a Chinese military coup, to be specific. It's well known that Homefront from 2011 (and its 2016 sequel) was originally going to have the America-conquering antagonist be China, but ultimately went with North Korea instead because THQ thought that China was "not that scary" while also being concerned of retaliation from the Chinese government...

Stoneheart

Well hung, and snow white tan
kiwifarms.net
I've looked into before, and from what I gathered, you're really not shooting brown people all that often in contemporary military shooters, contrary to the popular belief. The enemy combatants are usually white people, probably Eastern European.
nobody plays vanilla arma...

Anachronistic

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Extra Credits, there's this blogger called AskaGameDev who was always pretty supportive of them. Recently they were asked about SDiF and of course they "don't support it" and find it "problematic" since it makes a game out of real events.
https://archive.md/3rsvj

The funny thing is, when Extra Credits made their infamous Nazi video, AskaGameDev unironically suggested that WW2 games should have a game mode where you play as Nazi's in a concentration camp and the Allies have to save hostages to try and "teach" gamers about how bad the Nazi's actually were.
https://archive.md/vgPgA

Somehow SDiF is worse than turning the Holocaust into Rainbow Six Siege.

Zaryiu2

kiwifarms.net
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF0c9SwewpA gameplay trailer , not a fan of the gun sounds but other than that it looks cool , hope the gore is good.

i didnt see it posted so i hope im not being blind but nerdcubed made a video criticizing the game ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTMWCIdolf0 ) , take a shot every time he mentions spec ops the line
>Nerdcubed
Fuck that soy brit
Also I hate the sheer hypocrisy and scumbags of the people who hate an okay looking game because of their islamophilia

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that nobody cares how you'd be hard-pressed to find WW2 games or other media that make any mention of the extensive civilian-killing bombing campaigns levied by the Allies.
Those bombings against Germany were aimed at destroying German manufacturing infrastructure, which was to stop the actual indiscriminate V-1/2 bombings. The Japanese nuclear attacks were because Japan simply wasn't going to quit and did intend to fight to the death. Funny thing - Japan was hedging it's bet that the USA only made one nuclear bomb and did intend on continuing the fight, until the USA caught wind of those public radio broadcasts and dropped the second.

I'm not one to believe the ethics of warfare can be examined too closely, but the supposed civvie bombing campaigns is a load of shit and nothing but apologist propaganda.

Snekposter

This is Snek.
kiwifarms.net
Those bombings against Germany were aimed at destroying German manufacturing infrastructure, which was to stop the actual indiscriminate V-1/2 bombings. The Japanese nuclear attacks were because Japan simply wasn't going to quit and did intend to fight to the death. Funny thing - Japan was hedging it's bet that the USA only made one nuclear bomb and did intend on continuing the fight, until the USA caught wind of those public radio broadcasts and dropped the second.

I'm not one to believe the ethics of warfare can be examined too closely, but the supposed civvie bombing campaigns is a load of shit and nothing but apologist propaganda.
The death rate compared to the overall tonnage is surprisingly low and better than the German bombing campaigns. I'd need to double-check but IIRC Dresden was designed to hit the railcenter in town and cause a massive traffic jam of both refugees and troops, nothing more, and conveniently left the troops there unbombed. You know, a bunch of trained, organized men with varying levels of heavy equipment, especially for engineering work, and reserves of food and water.

As for Japan... given the behavior of the IJA, the rules were long gone by the time the bombs started falling. The Mostly Peaceful Consensual Sex of Nanking was just the tip of the iceberg.

Alter Ego

kiwifarms.net

Sorry, I guess I could've been better with my wording. I did not mean to suggest that killing civilians was the purpose of the Allied bombing campaigns (don't forget the firebombings of Japan), but rather an inevitable consequence in collateral damage nonetheless with civilian deaths mounting in the hundreds of thousands. My point is that when it comes to media based on WW2, you simply do not see them being criticized for rarely featuring the plight of civilians at the hands of Allies. This is in contrast with the fervent demand that Six Days in Fallujah must account for "war crimes" and feature Iraqi civilians as prominent deuteragonists at minimum simply because there were civilian casualties at Second Battle of Fallujah, never mind the circumstances of those casualties or how civilians were given ample warning and opportunity to evacuate.

On a related note, I also call bullshit on the claim put forth by Rami Ismail and the like that adult men were barred from leaving Fallujah, else the city would've been vastly more populated during the battle than it was. I have to imagine that this is propaganda put forth by insurgents and their collaborators who remained in Fallujah because they did not want to be apprehended by US forces at city exit checkpoints.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry, I guess I could've been better with my wording. I did not mean to suggest that killing civilians was the purpose of the Allied bombing campaigns (don't forget the firebombings of Japan), but rather an inevitable consequence in collateral damage nonetheless with civilian deaths mounting in the hundreds of thousands. My point is that when it comes to media based on WW2, you simply do not see them being criticized for rarely featuring the plight of civilians at the hands of Allies. This is in contrast with the fervent demand that Six Days in Fallujah must account for "war crimes" and feature Iraqi civilians as prominent deuteragonists at minimum simply because there were civilian casualties at Second Battle of Fallujah, never mind the circumstances of those casualties or how civilians were given ample warning and opportunity to evacuate.

On a related note, I also call bullshit on the claim put forth by Rami Ismail and the like that adult men were barred from leaving Fallujah, else the city would've been vastly more populated during the battle than it was. I have to imagine that this is propaganda put forth by insurgents and their collaborators who remained in Fallujah because they did not want to be apprehended by US forces at city exit checkpoints.
I imagine no one in the big multimedia industry wants to be caught defending Nazis, even hapless Nazi civilians getting firebombed/raped/ethnically cleansed/etc.

XMassAllYearRound

It's probably still Christmass somewhere
kiwifarms.net
If they allowed to release this game without a hint of controversy this shit would've been dismissed as a CoD MW trend chaser 11 years later to the party and forgotten in a week.

Now it looks like it's gonna sell as many copies as Hatred, it's very clear that despite complaints from moral busybodies this grift is actually going somewhere.