• ”Gender neutral bathrooms are a fantastic idea. As a woman who has a beard, I've been angrily confronted for using women's rooms”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

SJW Art and Extremes

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Yaoi Huntress Earth, Mar 15, 2015.

?

Why does Tumblr have an obsession with vitiligo?

1. Suicide Girl model and America's Next Top Model contestant have it, spread on Tumblr, that's why.

153 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Stop fucking asking this this question.

92 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. I swear to God I will start deleting these posts.

21 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Goddammit.

76 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. ACTUALLY IT'S PART OF A DEEP FALSE-FLAG OPERATION TO TURN ALL BLACK PEOPLE WHITE.

369 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. I wasn't sure where to put this, but I've noticed a trend that I like to call Tumblr/SJW Girls.

Tumblr Girls
    Traits:
    The women must usually be of average appearance or lower. Though there is more bodily variety, femininity (unless its Sailor Moon) is usually downplayed. Weird noses and mouths.
    Clothes: Armor should not show any hints that they have boobs. Stuff that shows cleavage, femininity (to a lesser extent) or sexuality are no-nos.
    Exceptions: Sailor Moon (and the Scouts) are almost always the exception. Even if a cleavage-exposing, skimpier outfit (like Power Girl's boob-window) is in character, it doesn't matter and they'll link to some comic by Aaron Diaz.
    The Good: Unlike Escher Girls (the other extreme), who all look like clones, the characters have more variety so I'll give them that.

The reason I bring this all up is for a way to find to see humor, be annoyed and talk about bad designs and ideals behind the Tumblr Girls designs. Here's an example.

UPDATE:
    Since there has been some confusion lately about what counts as an SJW style, I'll put up a quote from @Valiant about the whole thing...

• Like  x 20
    • Winner  x 8
    • Informative  x 8
    • Autistic  x 3
    •  x 1
    #1 Yaoi Huntress Earth, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  2. Yeah, I don't get why this sort of thing has to offend them. I mean people in real life wear them, and for all we know, they probably do too. But play up the whole "This outfit's too revealing, I'm offended!" charade over the internet.

Also why the fuck is Felicia a nerd all of a sudden? And why does she look like she'll suck out my soul?

• Agree Agree x 25
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net
  3. I don't know, either. While Aaron Diaz is the main one for doing male, the nerd vibe hits his work as well. There can be no muscle guys, a chunk of guys have to be nerdy (even if it goes against character), etc.

• Like Like x 8
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  4. Felisha isn't wearing leggings under her shorts like the others. Too much thigh! The slut! :twisted:

This cover-up is silly.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    HickoryDickory

HickoryDickory Pill-Popper.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I think another thing is
    - Screw context.
    A lot of sjw art girls don't really show regards for any of the other characters' appearances or their own abilities. Like with the linked image above, where a lot of them look overdressed for a Fighting game despite the fact that nearly all the men seem to have either martial arts uniforms (light clothing) or waltzing around shirtless.
    As for screw abilities in context: Peach and Zelda are two of the most common victims of this where they're just stuck in another characters' clothing despite having radically different abilities or perhaps a good reason for what they wear (such as Peach's floating ability probably coming from the dress combined with cartoon physics... or that they're royalty.)

• Agree Agree x 24
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Most of our actual heros, firefighters, military and police are muscular and buff or at least very thin and muscular sorry. Maybe they can model some heros after fat cops.

• Like Like x 3
    ChuckSlaughter

ChuckSlaughter You mean I got about 200 bitcoins

kiwifarms.net
  7. Making Poison wear more clothing feels like a crime against nature.

• Agree Agree x 57
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Meowthkip

Meowthkip WHA HAPPUN TO MEOWTHKIP, WHO DIS PINK NIBBA?
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. Superman looks like he's been flat out deflated. Seeing as how he can fly and has X-Ray eyes and shit I think we can suspend belief that somebody can be so muscular. Especially since super strength is, y'know, Superman's main selling point and all.

• Agree Agree x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  9. What about Gorilla Grodd, the furry nerd?

• Like Like x 7
    A Random

A Random All aboard the Loco Express!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Talking suspension of disbelief, that brought on a neat idea for Supes in that the "skinny nerd" thing could just apply to the Clark Kent persona who might just be rather tall but then when he's Superman BAM there's the ol' muscular physique. I mean as you mentioned he already has stuff like flight and heat vision and such...
    Well, it'd probably be more "very normalish proportions of a guy that works out a fair bit and takes care of himself but not Superman-level massive"

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I'm going to need to set up a Patreon to help pay for my surgery from rolling my eyes so hard at that.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    dabluearmedbandit

dabluearmedbandit Babies for Breakfast Babies for Dinner

kiwifarms.net
  12. At me?

• Feels Feels x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  13. No haha, the SJW art, Diaz in particular. Sorry, should have been more specific. (:_(

• Feels Feels x 2
    dabluearmedbandit

dabluearmedbandit Babies for Breakfast Babies for Dinner

kiwifarms.net
  14. Elena's pants are a bit of hindrance given her fighting style relies heavily on kicks and dance-like moves.

It's a crime against the character given that being a super-intelligent, evil gorilla is what makes him unique. I'm guessing because gorillas have muscles, that's was what turned Diaz off.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  15. I love how the supposedly Japanese Mai's redesign makes her look like a WASP girl. I though SJWs were all about representation! Someone's in need of some serious priviledge checkage!

• Winner Winner x 6
    ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself

kiwifarms.net
  16. Doesn't she sorta fight with capoeira? I used to practice that. It does require somewhat baggy pants, but not to that degree.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    A Random

A Random All aboard the Loco Express!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. So, anyone check out the Legion of Doom page? Because there's a few things that bug me there. From the Cherno Alpha "inspired" Metallo, to the face Sinestro's making (seriously, dude looks like he got done sucking a lemon). And I don't see what makes Livewire's outfit less sexy. If anything it's more revealing than that of the Superman cartoon of the 1990s.

Also, Gorilla Grodd should not be fucking skinny. He's a damn gorilla, he should look like one. Can't help but question the grey highlights either.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Jewelsmakerguy

kiwifarms.net
  18. That's a good point, maybe because he think covering her legs more does it.

Of course he had to make Lex Luthor nerdy as well. The only time I've ever seen him do a muscle guy is his redesign of a teen Colossus.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  19. Didn't Colossus still become a nerd?

BTW, I still can't get used to how, blue (for lack of a better word), everything he painted looks.

Jewelsmakerguy

kiwifarms.net
  20. It weirds me out when they modify the body of a character even when is not an attempt of redesign. Some tumblr people in the LoveLive fandom draw Nozomi (the character with the biggest boobs in that franchise) as fat. Makes me think of personal insecurities. of the fan artist I don't mind artist attemptin redesigns of characters, and i can see the case for some, but stuff like the one is the link... eh?

I'm not the biggest Guilty Gear fan, but is not the whole point of I-no that she is a evil hedonist slut that perpetually talks in double entendre? Most characters find her destestable in any case so is not exactly a role model, hell, I heard she was designed after a female japanese rock singer so I will guess the whole purpose is be the "purest"rock 'n roll inspired character. Rock in the sense of not giving a shit and have fun.

Why then change her design?

• Like Like x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #20 MiloWuCollusion, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
    kiwifarms.net
Tags:
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.