SJW Art and Extremes -

Why does Tumblr have an obsession with vitiligo?

• Suicide Girl model and America's Next Top Model contestant have it, spread on Tumblr, that's why.

Votes: 246 18.0%
  • Stop fucking asking this this question.

Votes: 150 11.0%
  • I swear to God I will start deleting these posts.

Votes: 44 3.2%
  • Goddammit.

Votes: 150 11.0%
  • ACTUALLY IT'S PART OF A DEEP FALSE-FLAG OPERATION TO TURN ALL BLACK PEOPLE WHITE.

Votes: 777 56.8%

• Total voters

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Mulan one I can’t stand. She is one best written characters in Disney movies. Very constant motivations, strengths and weaknesses that go very well with her character arc that is crucial to the plot. No point in the movie Mulan showed to be anything but a somewhat unusual woman. Bit of failure of woman as far time period standard goes in beginning but otherwise perfectly happy as a woman. Actually she was more of failure as a man in beginning too and very uncomfortable trying to pretend to be one. She didn’t want be a guy, she wanted to safe her dad and not be a failure. Dressing up as guy was means to end and nothing more. Even her eventual boyfriend being bi isn’t that well supported as he didn’t show much interest to Mulan/Ping till he saw her kicking ass as a woman.
There is this trend where people think that, because an LGBT person can relate to a character, therefor the character must also be that thing. Then they rage if that isn't what happens in canon. Case in point with Elsa, there are some lines in Let It Go that people who have had to hide their sexuality could relate to, so Elsa must be gay too, and if Disney doesn't give her a girlfriend in the sequel, they're queerbaiting.

A person who has feelings of gender dysphoria could relate to some parts of the song Reflection from Mulan, so Mulan must be trans too, so everything that contradicts that in the movie should be ignored.

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net

(

I think this is my least favorite compilation so far. This is as anime close to my heart and I hate to see what Tumblr does to it, since the only thing they care about is their ships and agenda. Also the fact that most of the main characters are still middle schoolers and Tumblr is still doing this sh*t to them is disturbing. When it comes to the adult characters it's whatever and pretty ordinary but frankly I don't see it and I probably never will.

Anyway if you can't tell which character is which I don't blame you, I couldn't tell it either sometime. Ask me and I'll tell you.

Loopy Lew

kiwifarms.net
There are no straight couples in the eyes of Tumblr. First two couple are lesbians, second ones are gay, next ones are bisexual (Mulan is apparently "genderqueer" and the guys from the Road to Eldorado are in a polyamorous relationship I think) and the last two are headcanon transgenders as far as I know.
I don't get that argument that Mulan is somehow genderqueer or transexual. She doesn't seem to take any pleasure out of the act of dressing as a male in the movie and in fact acts as though she is incredibly uncomfortable trying to fit into her male role. While she thinks she's different than other girls she never says that she wishes she wasn't female or even hints that she'd rather be male. Dressing as a male is purely practical and self-sacrificial or you could perceive it as a selfish desire to get out of her village and find something new. There's nothing about those scenes that imply that she truly desires masculinity. Mulan is incredibly uncomfortable around the others in camp, describes them as gross, and just wants to do her job and go back home having done a good one. The only time she's comfortable around the males is when she's finally able to show her skill and truly able to handle herself in the field. She's just as comfortable dressed as a female at the end as she is when dressed as a male, having no issue with being both feminine and able to help. She only shows disinterest in femininity when she's forced to dress in an over-the-top fashion for her bridal evaluation. It makes no sense to me. There's really no indication of anything other than a female who has to do what she has to do for her time period.

I also take issue with the idea of perceiving these semi-human characters as transgender. There's nothing indicating any trangender messages underlying it and it simply feels as though people take the easy way out by choosing to gender non-human or semi-human characters however they wish in order to justify some sort of representation that doesn't exist. Feels kind of silly.

All of this is pretty silly in my opinion. If not outright stupid. I can understand a LGBTQ person identifying with a particular type of character or maybe seeing themselves in someone but that doesn't mean that character is inherently the same as the person looking at them. You can admire a character but you don't need to CHANGE a character to meet a standard that isn't intentional or even lightly implied.

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
I don't get that argument that Mulan is somehow genderqueer or transexual. She doesn't seem to take any pleasure out of the act of dressing as a male in the movie and in fact acts as though she is incredibly uncomfortable trying to fit into her male role. While she thinks she's different than other girls she never says that she wishes she wasn't female or even hints that she'd rather be male. Dressing as a male is purely practical and self-sacrificial or you could perceive it as a selfish desire to get out of her village and find something new. There's nothing about those scenes that imply that she truly desires masculinity. Mulan is incredibly uncomfortable around the others in camp, describes them as gross, and just wants to do her job and go back home having done a good one. The only time she's comfortable around the males is when she's finally able to show her skill and truly able to handle herself in the field. She's just as comfortable dressed as a female at the end as she is when dressed as a male, having no issue with being both feminine and able to help. She only shows disinterest in femininity when she's forced to dress in an over-the-top fashion for her bridal evaluation. It makes no sense to me. There's really no indication of anything other than a female who has to do what she has to do for her time period.

I also take issue with the idea of perceiving these semi-human characters as transgender. There's nothing indicating any trangender messages underlying it and it simply feels as though people take the easy way out by choosing to gender non-human or semi-human characters however they wish in order to justify some sort of representation that doesn't exist. Feels kind of silly.

All of this is pretty silly in my opinion. If not outright stupid. I can understand a LGBTQ person identifying with a particular type of character or maybe seeing themselves in someone but that doesn't mean that character is inherently the same as the person looking at them. You can admire a character but you don't need to CHANGE a character to meet a standard that isn't intentional or even lightly implied.
It's honestly kinda funny, since the same people also want more strong female characters and when they get them...they MAKE them LGBTQ+ (in their heads of course). They pass their strong females to them, cause it's not enough that they are strong they also have to be lesbian, trans or queer or something. They can't make Mulan lesbian since there is no other prominent female character in the movie (just she, her mom and grandma basically), so they "had to make her something". Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Anyway this is the only "Mulan is transgender/genderqueer" post I have seen in a while (and only because the original post had like over 115k notes or something, so it's pretty popular there). Now they are arguing how much better the live-action movie will be since it's going to be more historically accurate and not a fantasy movie with talking dragons.

OniBabe1

kiwifarms.net

I think this is my least favorite compilation so far. This is as anime close to my heart and I hate to see what Tumblr does to it, since the only thing they care about is their ships and agenda. Also the fact that most of the main characters are still middle schoolers and Tumblr is still doing this sh*t to them is disturbing. When it comes to the adult characters it's whatever and pretty ordinary but frankly I don't see it and I probably never will.

Anyway if you can't tell which character is which I don't blame you, I couldn't tell it either sometime. Ask me and I'll tell you.
I hate this cause holy crap do you really need character's that are just like you in EVERY way?
And ironic part about this is that Mob Psycho 100 shows you that you're not special even with godlike powers you're just like everyone else you're not unique in the slightest it's even in the theme song

"If everyone is not special then maybe you can be what you want to be"

"Do you need to be special to feel ok?"

Last edited:

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
aka "Dororo is traaaans" haul

^^^
We probably didn't read the same thing, cause I didn't really see any transphobic comments but people using actual arguments on why she maybe or may not be a transgender person. But the whole thing is quite dumb cause they are arguing about an 10-11 year olds gender. If you take seriously what a 10-11 year old might say to you about their gender or sexuality, then you are quiet dumb. (Also at the end of both anime it's been confirmed that she became more girly as time went on. So she can't really be transgender.)

Tags
islam sjw sjws