SJWs and apologia for horrible people

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Philosophy Zombie

Mekotur's favorite
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
re Lena Dunham: This was her response to an article calling her out.
I don’t care what conservative white men think about me. But I do care if anything I write is painful for survivors of sexual abuse, if anything I write is painful for other feminists.
Yes, because only Conservative White Men would think that it's bad that you sexually abused your sibling for at least nine years and left her with lifelong scarring (I don't believe that Grace could have gone out of that situation without any problems whatsoever). And anything a Conservative White Man says should be dismissed offhand even if it's a sentiment as universal as "child molestation is wrong".

While I'm guessing she couldn't be held legally responsible for incidents that occurred when she was a minor that likely don't have physical evidence, I kind of really wish she would go to prison.

Last edited:

Fareal

will definitely consider what you have said
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Re Lena. This was, in feminist communities (the majority of tumblr-feminism isn't taken seriously even by third/fourth wave feminists), a complete shitshow. These communities contain, unsurprisingly, a fair number of people who have experienced child sexual abuse and also advocates for children who have experienced abuse. These people said "Lena abused her sister." These people were disproportionately POCs and not middle class. Against them was ranged people who insisted "omg Lena was only exploring her sexuality SHE IS NOT AN ABUSER". These people were disproportionately white and middle class. It's not a secret - although it creates a fucking uproar when it comes up every few years - that third/fourth wave feminism has a massive problem with race and class prejudice. The works of POC feminists have been ripped off wholesale and repackaged for sale in books by white feminists. The 'work' of third/fourth wave has concentrated on middle class issues (the glass ceiling in Fortune 500 companies etc) rather than issues experienced by women in poverty (food insecurity). This race/class problem played out exactly as you might predict in the Lena circus with the added 'benefit' of Lena-defenders completely erasing, talking-over, minimising the experiences of, and silencing actual victims of CSA and those who work with victims of CSA.

It was fucking disgusting. Lena was handed a massive pass for being white and rich and everyone else was told to shut the fuck up because Lena's 'one of us'. I'm not in any gang that includes child sexual abusers, no thanks.

Logia_Peter

kiwifarms.net
Because, of course, if you change him your boyfriend'd not 3edgy5me anymore.

And of course there's the fact that clinically and in a recognized fashion, individuals with Antisocial Personality Disorder have limited treatment options, none of the old ways seem to really, actually work, and given the most likely cause for the disorder - a withered section of the brain where empathy is produced, they either cannot change even if they want to, or just plain don't want to change for the reason they probably don't view what they have as something negative about them (I fall into the second camp...sometimes).

Which leaves these fangirls little wiggle room in terms of "love can fix him" - except the much fetishized and idealized accomplice or even, in some cases, apprentice situation. They're essentially in love with the idea of a dark individual as something like an escape from the mundane. For them, I suspect, the idea of getting swept up in a dark, "tragic" and malignant maelstrom of a life isn't repulsive - its arousing.

I speak as someone who knew one of the "psycho fangirls", but it looks like they're a diverse bunch. Some of them claim to be interested in their man purely in psychological curiosity, and others, they seem to enjoy approximating the life and times of Harley Quinn.

And from what I recently saw on a tumblr tag, quite ironically, Eliott Rodger has many more female admirers after death than he ever had during life.

Muhyo

Drinking Tea everyday~
kiwifarms.net
Gah, it really does piss me of when I learned that a lot of serial killers/ murders have their own fandom. I just can't help but think of the families of the victims that have to deal with the fact that their love ones's killer is getting more recognition than them. It just sucks. Why not focus on the victims instead of the killers?

But yea, there is something that attracts people, particularly girls to sociopaths. It really is the "adventure" that comes with that type of character.

Logia_Peter

kiwifarms.net
But yea, there is something that attracts people, particularly girls to sociopaths. It really is the "adventure" that comes with that type of character.

As I was diagnosed as Antisocial Personality Disorder, I...actually, I don't get it any better than any of you. Though I can say from my study and looking into the subject there are a few answers.

1) charisma. Due to a combination of certain traits in sociopaths, they look like charismatic individuals. A fangirl isn't even necessarily a girl, or even a low IQ, "stupid" individual - hybristophilia and the allure of a sociopath's charisma can affect anyone if they're susceptible to manipulation and a few cunning words. There was even a case of a doctor whom basically sent a love letter to Ted Bundy.

2) mirroring. A sociopath can become whoever and whatever you need them to be, in order to get something back from you later. Quite simply, often a presentation is given by the sociopath in question that cements a position no amount of evidence can surmount. For example, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev styled his hair a certain way, dressed up, looked every bit the scrappy rebel against "The Man" - and his fangirls over in the Free Jahar tag ate...it...up.

3) explicit attraction to sociopathy. Lets be honest here, would Fifty Shades have sold as well as it did if there was not a venue for "sociopathic businessman works over naive young woman"? The simple knowledge you're screwing / dating an extremely dangerous person, who could one day kill you himself or manipulate you actually turns some of these people on. Some of them may well be pretty dangerous themselves and seeking their own excitement, as Lynnette Fromme and others of the Family were happy to demonstrate.

Ancani

uwu flower emoji
kiwifarms.net
explicit attraction to sociopathy. Lets be honest here, would Fifty Shades have sold as well as it did if there was not a venue for "sociopathic businessman works over naive young woman"? The simple knowledge you're screwing / dating an extremely dangerous person, who could one day kill you himself or manipulate you actually turns some of these people on. Some of them may well be pretty dangerous themselves and seeking their own excitement, as Lynnette Fromme and others of the Family were happy to demonstrate.
I'm guessing it's this, or something similar. It's an insanely dangerous thing IMO (no offense), but it seems to be distressingly common.

Pinball Lizard

The best thing you could ever do is die
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Lynnette Fromme, are there any Presidential assassin fangirls/boys, because Fuck AmeriKKKa and all that? I don't think I've seen any Booth supporters, but I think Hinckley has fans, and likely Czolgosz as well.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Lynnette Fromme, are there any Presidential assassin fangirls/boys, because Fuck AmeriKKKa and all that? I don't think I've seen any Booth supporters, but I think Hinckley has fans, and likely Czolgosz as well.

Booth certainly had his fans at the time in the South and among Democrats, among fairly normal people of the time. Now, any fandom he has is probably limited to KKK types and real throwbacks, for obvious reasons. Not sure about Czolgosz because he more closely fits the stereotype of the lone nut.

I'd be surprised if Hinckley doesn't have a few, but he also lacks a lot of the charisma that attracts the kind of attention you see for Manson or, for instance, "Night Stalker" Richard Ramirez.

Pinball Lizard

The best thing you could ever do is die
kiwifarms.net
Booth certainly had his fans at the time in the South and among Democrats, among fairly normal people of the time. Now, any fandom he has is probably limited to KKK types and real throwbacks, for obvious reasons. Not sure about Czolgosz because he more closely fits the stereotype of the lone nut.

I'm wondering about Czolgosz because he was an anarchist, and I can definitely picture armchair anarchists idolizing him.

Ron Paul 2024

kiwifarms.net
Christopher Dorner

Got news for you, it's not just the SJWs who lionize him.
cant corner the dorner.jpg
pol future dorner.png

I don't think I've seen any Booth supporters

A shame, since he did an assassination worthy of a movie script.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm wondering about Czolgosz because he was an anarchist, and I can definitely picture armchair anarchists idolizing him.

Emma Goldman certainly admired him. (I think I might have been confusing him with Charles Guiteau earlier. That's the guy who shot Garfield, and he was a definitive lone nut.)

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Maybe.

You know who I've never come across fans for? Mark David Chapman. That dude seems more reviled than anything else.

Logia_Peter

kiwifarms.net
Apparently fascination with these individuals goes pretty far - there was even a play called The Erlkings about the Columbine Killings.

Unsurprisingly, this has bolstered the Columbiner Tag exponentially.

MayMay

kiwifarms.net
Hm, I haven't actually seen the SJW hate for Dunham. I've seen plenty of "she was young!" or "it's not abuse!" from them. Kinda like that one cunt that was involved in 50 cases of "inappropriate relations with a child", y'know that thing they'd just call rape if it was a man? Tumblr's first action was the blame the 8-year old and accuse him of being the aggressor.

I think the only abuse accusation against someone not male that stuck was PurpleKecleon... and that's only because they dared to criticize their precious sjw "culture"

StallChaser

Wolf-Souled Individual
kiwifarms.net
Got news for you, it's not just the SJWs who lionize him. View attachment 24396 View attachment 24398

A shame, since he did an assassination worthy of a movie script.
It was his manifesto. He accused the LAPD of a bunch of shit like corruption, racism, and police brutality. There was enough truth to it that the "fuck the police" crowd were cheering him on. Add to that, the incident where the cops shot up the wrong truck. Twice. So basically, they ended up being all like "holy shit, Dorner was right!", and a legend was born.

Ironically, none of the people he killed were LAPD.

MayMay

kiwifarms.net
Given the Columbiners and such, I wonder how many would have jumped to defend Elliot Rogers if it weren't for his manifesto being ZOMG MISGYNY (what? full-blown misanthropy? Nono it's actually about hating women)

They complain about how all white (or what they think is white) boys are murders waiting to happen until they do happen in which case they're saints. Unless they were mean to a wymyn of course.

ChuckSlaughter

You mean I got about 200 bitcoins
kiwifarms.net
No one suspects the outgoing ladies man to be a murderer.
Gacy was well known as a creep long before the first time he ever went to jail. Nonetheless people choose to ignore that and still considered him a pillar of the community. It's hard to imagine that in the middle of Iowa in the 60s you could have a reputation for getting teenage boys drunk in your basement so you could blow them... and also be an upstanding married man.

:\

One thing I've noticed about both SJWs and edgelords is that they often tend to vilify historical figures generally regarded as heroes and glamorize those regarded as villains

Everyone likes to feel like they have the real scoop. Plus there is something interesting about when villains do good things.

DirkBloodStormKing

Actual Lesbian Female
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wondering if there are idiots on tumblr that would defend Holden/Siklick or Sick Nick Bate.

There's two ways hybristophilia can go: the "I can change him!" route and "I would be his accomplice" route.

I feel like a lot of Tumblr serial killer/mass shooter fangirls go for the latter.

I can see either one to be honest. However, said relationship would probably be extremely fucking abusive and the relationship would end as a result of their serial killer boyfriend fucking murdering them.

Gah, it really does piss me of when I learned that a lot of serial killers/ murders have their own fandom. I just can't help but think of the families of the victims that have to deal with the fact that their love ones's killer is getting more recognition than them. It just sucks. Why not focus on the victims instead of the killers?

If this did happen, there would be almost no fucking chance in hell that this would be an even remotely healthy relationship at all (a serial killer/tumblr serial killer fangirl) if it were to actually happen. I don't know if I want to risk getting into an extremely unhealthy, if not extremely abusive relationship with someone who has extremely sociopathic tendencies.

And yeah,

Re Lena. This was, in feminist communities (the majority of tumblr-feminism isn't taken seriously even by third/fourth wave feminists), a complete shitshow. These communities contain, unsurprisingly, a fair number of people who have experienced child sexual abuse and also advocates for children who have experienced abuse. These people said "Lena abused her sister." These people were disproportionately POCs and not middle class. Against them was ranged people who insisted "omg Lena was only exploring her sexuality SHE IS NOT AN ABUSER". These people were disproportionately white and middle class. It's not a secret - although it creates a fucking uproar when it comes up every few years - that third/fourth wave feminism has a massive problem with race and class prejudice. The works of POC feminists have been ripped off wholesale and repackaged for sale in books by white feminists. The 'work' of third/fourth wave has concentrated on middle class issues (the glass ceiling in Fortune 500 companies etc) rather than issues experienced by women in poverty (food insecurity). This race/class problem played out exactly as you might predict in the Lena circus with the added 'benefit' of Lena-defenders completely erasing, talking-over, minimising the experiences of, and silencing actual victims of CSA and those who work with victims of CSA.

It was fucking disgusting. Lena was handed a massive pass for being white and rich and everyone else was told to shut the fuck up because Lena's 'one of us'. I'm not in any gang that includes child sexual abusers, no thanks.

Not to mention Lena Dunham is actually extremely racist and anti-Semitic from what I have seen of her. I mean she actually fucking compared Jews to dogs and flat-out dehumanized them for fuck's sake. You know who else did that fucking shit? The fucking Nazis of course!

Jomadre

Custom titles are gay.
kiwifarms.net
Apparently, this is a mental effect called hybristophilia, which essentially is a sexual paraphilia wherein someone feels more excited if they know the individual they like / are going out with is a violent criminal / a sociopath/psychopath / or some other dangerous individual.

A Columbiner also made the news a little while ago for having a diary wherein she apparently fantasized about "chopping off the heads of some of the jocks and kicking em around like footballs" or something similar. Someone apparently stumbled on to this diary.

And part I think of why they're so into the ones like Ted Bundy is possibly because they like the idea of a cleancut man actually having a dark side. Like, they can marry the "boy next door" and actually get a dark, dangerous sociopath.

I had a roommate like that. He was turned on by criminals and kept inviting them to the house, even when I asked them to not come over. Once of them had to attack his little sister before he'd stop them from coming over (and it still took convincing). Also, one of the assholes stole my camera, but honestly that kind of pales in comparison...