• Yahtzee!

Off-Topic Skincarelet's sperg about routines and products

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by entropyseekswork, Jun 17, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. [​IMG]

Morning:
    -oil cleanse, applied to dry skin and wiped off with warm, damp washcloth
    -gycolic acid based toner
    -hyaluronic acid based serum
    -argan oil I've blended with rose, grape seed, and tea tree oils
    -zinc based sun block

Night:
    -double oil cleanse
    -everything else previously listed minus the sunblock
    -retin-a cream applied every other night.

I'm madly, madly, madly in love with my current routine. If you don't double cleanse at night, I highly recommend you adopt this habit. Here's an article on how to, and a great video that demonstrates it:

What are your go-to products? What have you wasted money on that totally wasn't worth it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #1 entropyseekswork, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    entropyseekswork

entropyseekswork Vigilante based in America
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. also inb4 facial joke about cum.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. I'm currently using Nivea 3-in-1 micellar water followed by clean and clear dual action moisturiser which I apply in the morning and evening. It seems to work alright.

Do you use the sunblock all year around or just during Summer?

• Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Year round, I actually gave up tanning which was a favorite pastime in the summer. It was p difficult bc I'm a guido, whenever I go home pale all the old Italians trying to helpfully hint "Why don't you get some sun?" and I humor them and continue to slather up in sun block.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I avoid as much sunlight as possible so I stay indoors and walk my dog at Dusk and Dawn.
    I wash my face with dove soap with an exfoliating rag under warm water to super open those pores wide open to leave 0 room for anything, then I rinse with cold water to close those pores shut. I only do this when I start to breaking out or my face feels like ew. I also drink a shit ton of water because according to my Mother that's the ancient cure all ritual next to Vaseline. I also use cocoa butter to ensure the moisture and youth of my face with the power of vitamin E.
    Keep using that natural shit, makes the skin feel nice and good
    I really don't need skin care products I still have the face of a 14 year old when I go out people think I'm a kid

• Informative Informative x 1
    #5 Hen in a tie, Jun 17, 2017
    Hen in a tie

Hen in a tie There's a lack of Hens in ties on Google searches
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I love my dead sea mud facial. Once a week, for seven minutes. I am very, very pale (I use translucent powder bc everything else is too orange) so any redness shows ten times more brightly on my face than a normal white person. Plus I have very oily skin too.

But just after a month of application I could see a major difference in redness, and pimple reduction, even in skin tone eveness. For the first time since I was a kid I could have a photo taken that showed my true skin tone, not a tomato face.

I can't go crazy with chemicals on my face as it's too sensitive, I can only wear the lightest amount of powder. I only use a sugar scrub otherwise when I bathe. But man, I wish I'd known about this stuff as a teen! I've never been happier with my skin! I totally recommend dead sea mud for those of us with ridiculously sensitive skin.

(I also just want to slather Amy Slaton's face with it. Like, girl you get all this free make-up but never ask for a good facial? Your skin needs something to suck all that seborrhea and those chemicals out!)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Cripple

Cripple Wheelchair jockey

kiwifarms.net
  7. I'm fortunate in that the only issue I really have is with whiteheads that don't get inflamed. 8% AHA has helped a great deal, but it's so hard to resist squeezing the gunk out. I want to get one of those metal extracting tools with the loops, but they're something you really have to buy online. At my drugstore the only one they carried was 20 dollars, I figure they're trying to cash in on the success of pimple squeezing videos.

Where does everyone stand on wait times for acids? I do wait about 20-30 minutes with glycolic acid since my skin doesn't get dry from it, but BHAs it drives me nuts if I leave it on my skin alone past just drying alone.

kiwifarms.net
  8. omg, what a fucking rip off, you can buy an entire kit of them online for like five bucks.

The glycolic acid product I use stays on my skin all day/night when applied, but I believe it's only 5%, which would be easier for anyone's skin to tolerate, I think if it moves up in strength it's something that you have to build tolerance to/use every other day. As for the BHA products you're using, try it in a lesser strength, and maybe only use it prior to something like doing a clay mask. Let it sit on your skin for twenty mins so it can do it's work breaking down what's in your pours and then remove it with the mask and cleanse.

• Winner Winner x 1
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. you put oil on your face????????????????? wtffffff if i put oil on my face i would wake up looking like a fucking pizza pie. my skin has enough oil to sell out BP.

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    acceptable

acceptable veterinary major- ill whelp your bitch.

kiwifarms.net
  10. lol I know it sounds counter intuitive, I have oily skin too. I use grape seed oil, which is non comedognetic, that means it doesn't clog your pours. The bottle cost me around eight bucks, and I only use three or four drops of it per wash, that bottle is months old and I've not made much of a dent in it.

If your skin is really oily, it's probably over producing as a reaction to being dried out. If you replicated my lineup in the OP, I bet you'd leave me in your will after the first three days.

ETA: all the oils (argan/grape seed/rose/tea tree) are non comedognetic.

• Agree Agree x 3
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I'm going to try it :) i use an electric exfoliator brush, the one that spins. and let me tell you my life has fucking changed. i had bad acne a for a while and my emotions got in the way of self care a little bit. i would wash my face, but with cheap shit and i just didn't care because i felt like it would never go away. well i got my routine down pat, and my acne went away but I'm left with scars... not a lot, and my skin is tan so they look more like freckles then scars. its not like bumpy or anything. but I'm still really self conscious. i break out if i put random shit on my face so I'm nervous to try any of those acne scar creams. my skin is just so sensitive. i spend like 60 dollars on nice non oily foundation, but even if i just put a little on, in two days I've got acne. so i either look ugly and have clear skin, or look less ugly and have bumpy un clear skin. I'm just ranting lol. also this guy i have a huge crush on really needs to clear his black heads on his nose but i don't want to freak him out and let him know that i stare at his pores. okay mini rant- why is skincare only really marketed to woman? its dumb and stupid and so many boys have gross oily or dirty skin and they think shit like a face mask is girly? no. men have skin issues as well but you never see guys with a complex regimen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    acceptable

acceptable veterinary major- ill whelp your bitch.

kiwifarms.net
  12. Morning-

- Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
    (Sam's Club Generic of the Neutrogena brand)

- Neutrogena
    Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel

- RoC
    Daily Resurfacing Disks

- RoC
    Retinol Correxion
    Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer w/SPF 30

Do toners really matter?
    I sometimes use one but not daily

Night-

- Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

- Garnier
    Micellar Cleansing Water (for waterproof mascara)

- Neutrogena
    Hydro Boost Cleansing Gel

- RoC
    Retinol Correxion
    Deep Wrinkle Night Cream (forehead and around eyes)

Rest of face- L'Oreal Collagen

Sometimes I get a random dry spot or my skin gets sensitive, then I use...

- Yes To Miracle Oil
    Calm & Soothe
    Primrose Oil
    And
    Averno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer

What brand of facial mask do you use?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Dorsia.Reservation

Dorsia.Reservation When she fuck me good, I take her ass to Dorsia.

kiwifarms.net
  13. You'll love the Pixie Glow Tonic ($15 at Target), or any glycolic acid based products, it's an excellent exfoliate and very hydrating. It helps drastically hyper pigmentation from scarring. The priciest thing I have up there is the Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum by First Aid Beauty which was $36 at Sephora, you're young so you might not have the cash to pick everything up at once, but you can look for a substitute in your price range by searching for hyaluronic acid based products. I don't expect you to go out and buy all the oils I blended together for my moisturizer at once, in place of that I can attest to this product which is nearly the same thing and works amazing.

Double cleanse always imo, but especially after wearing high coverage products like foundation. I was shocked at what an improvement I saw when I first began to do it. Also, stop using any foaming cleansers you might have.

You can tell him, you'd be doing him a favor really.

boys r dum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. I put a light amount of coconut oil in my hair and around my hairline to help combat post-shower breakouts :oops:

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Null

Null WON'T YOU FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE

kiwifarms.net
  15. coconut oil is like a 50/50 for many people whether or not it will cause a break out or just moisturize well. Since it acts as the latter for you, you can also use it as a cleanser for your face. Watch the video in the OP for the technique, I think you'll enjoy the results.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. My personal brand is Calily, "Dead Sea Mud Facial Mask". I picked it up for ~$12 on Amazon. A jar lasts me anout a year as I use a facial brush to apply it and a little bit goes a long way.

But I have a feeling any dead sea mud mask have the same results as they're all the same thing. So if your favorite brand makes one I'd say try it.

(Though with the Calily brand you can also apply it to your scalp to treat ezcema so I'm not sure if all brands have that consistency. Calily's is like a thick, creamy spread.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    Cripple

Cripple Wheelchair jockey

kiwifarms.net
  17. I have a bar of soap with charcoal in it.

• Like Like x 1
    King Zora

King Zora slides out of the way

kiwifarms.net
  18. What's wrong with foaming cleansers?
    I used one that foams when you get it out of the bottle, got it all nice and clean before putting some anti-age facial cream (Kruidvat) because it leaves the skin so soft.

Yes there are guys who do use facials scrubs but just don't tell anyone I guess *insert American Psycho face mask monologue here*

#18 Chimerian Godhead, Jun 17, 2017
    Chimerian Godhead

Chimerian Godhead Multi-headed godlike motherfucker

kiwifarms.net
    entropyseekswork

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Chimerian Godhead