Skipping ads in YouTube now brings you to another ad

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Car Won't Crank

My cars won't crank
kiwifarms.net
I wish I had a way of installing an adblocker on my router. PlayStation's YouTube app is unwatchably saturated in ads lately and it's the easiest way to pull up videos on my TV right now. Otherwise, I use Brave exclusively on all of my devices. Casting from my phone to the TV works 3% of the time, too.
Would pihole work in that instance?

Russian Bot

kiwifarms.net
yt-dlp also supports this feature if you're saving videos.

Firefox Mobile supports uBlock Origin as well.
NewPipe is great but it's designed for streaming music/podcasts in a playlist more so than general youtube usage so it can be clunky. It does support subscriptions without a youtube account.
Thanks so much for suggesting newpipe, had not heard of it.

Aidan

kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure. I'll look into it.
It will.
Just get the top 10-20 blocklists for pihole and all the google ad domains will be blocked and then some. If any get through you could manually block them which is super easy.

Account

A nondescript anime avatar account
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you can't use an adblocker (you're on a phone or on someone else's computer) you can try using Invidious. It's a web proxy for YouTube with no ads, and its lightweight. The only downside is you sometimes have to hop between different servers manually since some get blocked by Google.

DNA_JACKED

Pronouns are Ni/Gg/Er: proud transracialwomankin
kiwifarms.net
I am getting increasingly tired of JewTube's bullshit. The ads used to be okay until about 2020-ish, which is when they started doing the whole double ads, unskippable 15-second ads, no longer making the ad markers visible bullshit, etc. It doesn't help that it feels like more and more of the ads seem to be literal scams. I'm starting to see shit like people trying to "advertise" GTA VI by hobbling together shit from Need For Speed and modded GTA V together, as well as more "HERE'S HOW YOU CAN GET RICH QUICK AS LONG AS YOU PAY FOR MY BULLSHIT ONLINE SEMINAR" type of ads. Of course, I use an ad-blocker but on iPhone I'm completely fucked as I can't even jailbreak my phone to install a tweak that gets rid of this bullshit.
Then there's the constant bullshit interface changes they keep doing. While most of these are on mobile, unfortunately a lot of them are making there way to the web version as well. Sub-1 minute videos are now being forced into this TikTok bullshit "YouTube Shorts" interface. The comments section on mobile is now relegated to this small window on the screen you have to click to open, probably so they can funnel you more garbage they want you to watch. Unfortunately they seem to be trying to push similar shit on the desktop site as well:
View attachment 3268924
Of course, there's also the bullshit removal of features such as a proper dislike counter, annotations, the constant bullshit spam that gets through the comment filters,.. I'd like to ask what the fuck happened but I already know the answer to that question.
"On iphone I'm completely fucked"

Bruh apple has had adblocker support in safari for over half a decade. Stop using the YouTube app like a cuck.
Tbh I don't get the hate, yes I'll still run adblockers but keeping YouTube up is expensive as fuck and I don't get how some people get actively mad about a private company not wanting to fund a total black hole of money
Guyz I just don't get the hate, why is everyone so upset over forced multiple bullshit ads being shoved down your throat for shit you don't want on a platform that keeps removing user agency and choice?!?

Get fucked advertisement shill.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tbh I don't get the hate, yes I'll still run adblockers but keeping YouTube up is expensive as fuck and I don't get how some people get actively mad about a private company not wanting to fund a total black hole of money
lol YouTube isn't run to make money. It's run to control the media that a large population of people view. Any money made back is just a bous.

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
Of course, I use an ad-blocker but on iPhone I'm completely fucked as I can't even jailbreak my phone to install a tweak that gets rid of this bullshit.

My husband recently reminded me we have a pihole, but I recommend Lockdown on the iPhone. I started using that, downloaded all the lists they had, and haven't seen an ad in any app or website since. I don't know about YouTube ads, I don't watch videos much, but it's a great app. Everyone on an iPhone should use it. They have a VPN too, but it's not free.

I use AdGuard and Firefox Focus as ad blockers in Safari. Firefox Focus has a built-in ad blocker, but it doesn't cache anything and you can only have one tab. Period. Firefox for iPhone has no ad blockers, and you can't use extensions on iPhone Firefox. But FF Focus caught ads AdGuard didn’t, so I use them both. I may not need them anymore with Lockdown, but I'm too lazy to remember where the settings are to turn them off.

saintJogger

kiwifarms.net
You could also use invidious (https://redirect.invidious.io/) on both desktop and mobile. It has some issues though, but works for the ultra-paranoid.
Just a heads-up that if you really are ultra-paranoid, you should manually block connections to googlevideo.com, because almost all Invidious instances connect to it if you don't run the video in local mode (just add &local=true at the end of the video's address).

Bob Loblaw Law Blog

You don't need double talk, you need Bob Loblaw
kiwifarms.net
outside of my desktop w/ ublock/sponsorblock, I can't be bothered to find ways to block ads on mobile, switch, playstation ,etc....so I'm just doing the pay for youtube premium for a buck a month, so I can just login to my account across devices with no worry of ads (outside of the built in ones by the creators themselves)

Accept Only Substitutes

kiwifarms.net
If ads today weren't fucking garbage, I would watch them. Advertising executives need to watch one of those "Classic 80's and 90's ad" compilations, go back to their roots.

I think that's generally the consensus among everyone. The flip side to that is commercial spam where ad break you have to see stupid Cheryl's She Shed (State Farm commercial a couple years ago) catch on fire. It was funny the first couple times, but I shit you not I watched about four hours of TV without a DVR a couple years ago and saw that commercial about ten-fifteen times. I get it, clever commercials cost more, and you want to get your monies worth as a company, but fifteen times on the same channel in four hours is Too Much.

TracdacianTortoise

kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately pi-hole doesn’t really work very well for YouTube ads. They stopped using a separate domain for ads a while ago if I remember correctly. Blocking ads using DNS also blocks all videos from YouTube. Means you’re shit out of luck if you have a smart TV that doesn’t let you sideload shit.