$ (SKY) Skycoin -

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net

ok cryptokiwis we will today be discussing the imaginary internet money known as Skycoin.

https://www.skycoin.net/
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=SKY

Skycoin is one of those novelty coins that have some serious backing and tread the line of what crypto is and is not. It aspires to make hosting Internet websites distributed, paid for by the actual visitors of said website with SKY who pay the nodes for the content provided by them. The actual details can be found on their whitepages and for now it's just that--a concept.

What SKY wants is ambitious, but unfortunately it's a premined block selling shares for investment. At launch they were asking for Ethereum (~$8 worth of ETH per SKY) but right now it trades on small exchanges for just ~$3, a rather static number that's been slow growing in its 5 year development cycle, and which is now up to $4. Why the increase? Because SKY's dev team just got a huge investment from a foreign exchange, which in and of itself a pro and a con.

Any coin that has an irreplaceable development team funded by ICO investors is frowned upon by a large number of cryptokikes because it's antithetical to the nature of the game, but with SKY's very ambitious take on a future Internet, it's doubtful a ragtag group of FOSS developers can go it alone. I2P has been around for ages but is even less well known than Tor, proving (to me) that for any sort of P2P/Decentralized system needs some corporate backing to move forward and change the web's consensus.

Though I'm ankle deep in SKY at the moment because I like the idea for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Skycoin is up to about 0.00068 BTC each, which at the moment is valued at $5.56 USD. It was up to $6 before but it came down a little. It's odd to see Sky's volume high, but crypto people are talking about it a lot more. It's preparing for launch on Poloniex and Jaxx, fingers crossed.

• Informative
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
  • Informative

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Partnering with a generic ERC20 ICO token doesn't look good for SKY. I'm not even sure what this partnership is supposed to mean. The whitepaper is in Korean but I don't imagine it's anything special.
Seems quite interesting. I agree that the ERC20 shit can be a major red flag, but there are some interesting projects regardless. Also keep in mind that South Koreans are batshit crazy for cryptocurrency right now and if I remember correctly its one of the few places on Earth where bitcoin is considered a legal currency.
"Linker Coin functions as a medium connecting fiat-currencies, exchange listed cryptocurrencies, and unlisted cryptocurrencies. This means the facilitation of Inter-transaction between networks via Linker Platform.

Just as the Internet connects geographically separate nations; now Linker Coin connects separate financial systems into one united ecosystem."

• Informative

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Seems quite interesting. I agree that the ERC20 shit can be a major red flag, but there are some interesting projects regardless. Also keep in mind that South Koreans are batshit crazy for cryptocurrency right now and if I remember correctly its one of the few places on Earth where bitcoin is considered a legal currency.
"Linker Coin functions as a medium connecting fiat-currencies, exchange listed cryptocurrencies, and unlisted cryptocurrencies. This means the facilitation of Inter-transaction between networks via Linker Platform.

Just as the Internet connects geographically separate nations; now Linker Coin connects separate financial systems into one united ecosystem."
I don't believe any of these ERC20 ICOs have a single line of unique code until proven otherwise. XCP/XRP intend to do the same thing, are not ERC20 tokens and are already actively traded on exchanged with network effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Derbydollar

___-

kiwifarms.net
I don't believe any of these ERC20 ICOs have a single line of unique code until proven otherwise. XCP/XRP intend to do the same thing, are not ERC20 tokens and are already actively traded on exchanged with network effect.
Literally look at the ChainLink GitHub.

While I hope for a decentralized net as much Null does their concept for a miner is exceptional.
I hope their successful at that but their stupid paid WiFi hotspot will never take off.

Leo Bonhart

Words of truth are not pleasing.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, Kiwis, do you feel this is an exit scam and will be legally scrutinized to death or is this a fire sale? I wanted to buy some back in Nov 2017 but never got around to it. Later the prices rose quickly and was recently pumped out of abysmal levels by the Binance listing. We're back at Nov 2017 prices.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, Kiwis, do you feel this is an exit scam and will be legally scrutinized to death or is this a fire sale? I wanted to buy some back in Nov 2017 but never got around to it. Later the prices rose quickly and was recently pumped out of abysmal levels by the Binance listing. We're back at Nov 2017 prices.
I forgot we had this thread, yeah we had a pump and dump. I managed to catch on and sell it at a profit. Alts are stabilizing right now so it might be worth it to hodl for a day or two, but that's just a generic statement about alts.

I try not to hold these shit coins for any real length of time.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
VWAP has risen, has held price despite BTC taking a tumble. I bought a small bag just now at .0011146. Will hold for a few days unless it makes new lows. I'm willing to lose 10% on a stop-loss.
upload_2018-6-21_23-1-15.png

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Almost all alts took a tumble as BTC is just shedding marketcap, still performed better than most other alts. But by that measurement ADA and NEO held. People talk about $4k BTC but are we going to get there right away? Trying to find the bottom of this altcoin market.
upload_2018-6-22_16-17-49.png

• Informative
Reactions: neger psykolog

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stopped out, stupid shitcoin. Just proving to me that it's never a good idea to be in alts while in a BTC bear market, even with this BTC bounce it didn't recover.

CrunkLord420

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I ended up buying a bit yesterday, been selling and buying back. Not sure if this is worth a (fake?) tattoo.
upload_2018-11-8_9-40-51.png

Reactions: Marvin
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino