Lolcow Skylar Ittner / Keep Carroll Catholic / skylarmt / netsyms.com / Skylar the Troll Master - 50 lawyers turned him down / banned from college / banned from walmart

Triggered Fivehead

Intersex prodigy (according to parent)
kiwifarms.net
The handwritten rule is there to help you. If you write notes by hand, especially when you have to compile the most important ones to bring, chances are you're more than prepared for the test and memorised 99% of the stuff you wrote. If you just feed a ton of unfiltered info through a printer you're going to have to rely on it because you didn't actually learn anything. Not surprising Skylar chose to sabotage himself instead so he could feel smug.
And in the end it didn't make any difference. Skylar never graduated. Lifehack!

ChuckSlaughter

You mean I got about 200 bitcoins
kiwifarms.net
I'm smart enough to email abuse@comcast.net with a list of IPs.
With your characteristic level of tact you're lucky they didn't tell you that you need to upgrade to a business class account if you're going to run servers at home. Issue on customer. Ticket closed in record time.
Why don't you just run your servers on a hosting provider? It's easier and saves you a ton of firewall configuration issues and working with cloud hosting providers is a much more marketable skill than running a bunch of metal servers in your closet.
If you're going to host at home at least use a cloud load balancer like route53 or a reverse proxy hosted out on the web. It would have taken you 1 minute to deal with these DDoS attacks on your own and you could even put your services behind a security proxy possibly saving you from another visit by our jolly ursine friend.
$20 to replace Windows with a Linux distro when it's F R E E
I have two laptops with annoying UFEI issues I'd totally pay someone $100 to get the data off them and install linux if they said they could. I wouldn't trust a guy like Skylar to do it though.

If his cramps were that severe, the teacher would have probably accommodated him.
The handwritten rule is there to help you. If you write notes by hand, especially when you have to compile the most important ones to bring, chances are you're more than prepared for the test and memorised 99% of the stuff you wrote.
If he had an actual medical issue causing the cramping it would be easy to get accommodations. My bet is that he’s just lazy.

From Wikipedia:
The basal ganglia are associated with a variety of functions, including control of voluntary motor movements, procedural learning, habit learning, eye movements, cognition, and emotion.

People with autism often have dysgraphia where good handwriting takes a significant mental load. It may be genuinely hard for him to take notes and learn from the lecture at the same time. The cramping is because he never bothers to try and use his uncoordinated flippers to do anything other than type. He could get accommodations from the professor or take the time to develop a workaround that he could use for the rest of his life. He could even fix his handwriting with a small amount of practice which might confer other unexpected cognitive benefits related to his busted basal ganglia.

But instead he decided to paint a big target on his head and learn nothing. If people were lined up around the block waiting to kiss his ass with puckered lips he'd pick fights with them over the color of their lipstick.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
People with autism often have dysgraphia where good handwriting takes a significant mental load. It may be genuinely hard for him to take notes and learn from the lecture at the same time. The cramping is because he never bothers to try and use his uncoordinated flippers to do anything other than type. He could get accommodations from the professor or take the time to develop a workaround that he could use for the rest of his life. He could even fix his handwriting with a small amount of practice which might confer other unexpected cognitive benefits related to his busted basal ganglia.

But instead he decided to paint a big target on his head and learn nothing. If people were lined up around the block waiting to kiss his ass with puckered lips he'd pick fights with them over the color of their lipstick.
One thing that was truly bizarre about Skylar's time at Carroll was that he was never signed up to receive any sort of accommodations in the first place. Neither he nor his parents informed the administration that he is autistic, until his behavior got him into so much trouble that he faced expulsion.

Just because a student has informed a college of their disability, and potential need for accommodations, doesn't mean they will actually use them. Plenty of autistic and ADHD kids get through college just fine without asking for extra time on tests, or computer-based instead of hand-written ones, or any other accommodations. And plenty of autistic kids get through college without needing an "asshole pass" for their shitty attitude and belligerent behavior, because they've been socialized well enough by their families and previous schooling, and don't act like Skylar.

Eligibility for accommodation also doesn't mean that all faculty and staff who will have contact with a given student will be informed in advance of the student's disability. A student has a right to privacy, and their disability status is confidential medical information, so there isn't going to be a big, red DANGER: AUTIST next to their name on every document, and in every communication.

The student signs up for accommodations with the college administration, so they are on file with the institution as being eligible for such. But the student still has to approach each professor in each class they need accommodations for, and tell them what accommodations they need, because each class is different and only the student is able to determine what accommodations they will need in each one. The professor checks with the college to make sure the student is eligible, and makes arrangements accordingly. Or, if it's an easy accommodation to make, and not prone to abuse, and the student asks nicely, they'll sometimes just do it without even checking eligibility.

But Skylar and his parents never signed him up for eligibility for accommodations with Carroll, despite allegedly having a medical diagnosis for his autism. Which just begs the question, "Why?!" Seriously. What the fuck?

So one thing his mother said really jumped out at me this time: she complained that Carroll claims that their faculty and staff have all undergone training in making proper accommodations for disabled students, including those with autism--and yet they failed to recognize that Skylar was autistic, and make appropriate accommodations for his shitty behavior. To grant him an "asshole pass," as it were. She was indignant that nobody recognized that he was autistic, because, in her mind, all they had to do was look at him, and his shitty behavior, to know.

What Skylar's mother was too fucking stupid to understand is that training faculty and staff to better accommodate students with disabilities does not qualify them to diagnose those disabilities. They still have to be told that an autistic kid is autistic, because they are not doctors, and not qualified to determine that themselves.

Sure, a given prof (especially in STEM classes) might have recognized that Skylar's behavior and social ineptitude was a lot like that of autistic kids they'd encountered before, and even come to the private conclusion that Skylar was a probable autist. But if no accommodations were requested, and Skylar himself didn't inform the prof that he was autistic? Then the prof was under no obligation to decide, "Oh, of course he's autistic!", give him an asshole pass, and accommodate his odious behavior. There are, after all, a lot of young men who act very much as Skylar did, in college classes--dominating class discussions, shouting down opposition, beating everyone over the head with how smart they think they are--and they're not autistic. Should a prof be able to make a half-educated guess that they are autistic, and go ahead and accommodate them (at the expense of other students), despite the fact they aren't registered with the college as disabled and eligible for accommodation? Fuck, no.

My guess as to why Skylar was never signed up to be eligible for disability accommodations is that it was pure arrogance on the part of himself and his parents. They were so convinced he was such a genius that he'd never actually need accommodations, so why bother? Really, that's the only explanation that makes sense. And then, in the end, to whip out the, "Oh, but he has a disability! He's autistic, and you should have known just by looking at him!" card? Haha, god these people are so far up their own asses, it's amazing.

MarineTrainedTard

Children, would you like to have been aborted?
kiwifarms.net
This is sort of why I cringe whenever I hear people insist homeschooling is better for kids in general.

It absolutely can be if the parent puts in all the necessary research and work. I've known homeschooled kids who were well-adjusted and very smart.... and then there's kids like Skylar. Without some serious introspection and a sincere desire to seek help, this kid's life is basically ruined.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
This is sort of why I cringe whenever I hear people insist homeschooling is better for kids in general.

It absolutely can be if the parent puts in all the necessary research and work. I've known homeschooled kids who were well-adjusted and very smart.... and then there's kids like Skylar. Without some serious introspection and a sincere desire to seek help, this kid's life is basically ruined.
I do think homeschooling can work well for some kids, some families, and in some situations. And it may, in fact, have been a good choice for Skylar at one time, in early childhood. But yeah, he's definitely an example of how to fuck up your kid with homeschooling.

Skylar's mother claimed she pulled him out of public school to homeschool him, not because he was autistic, but because he was so much smarter than the other kids, and the school was thus unable to meet his needs. And yeah, that happens.

If that's true, I'm pretty sure he grew up hearing that he was so much smarter than the other kids, and therefore exempt from going to regular school, and that being educated at home (where he never had to encounter any people or ideas his parents had not already approved of) was a superior education for a superior person. His parents may have convinced themselves that he really is a gifted genius, rather than see him for what he really is--someone of not much more than average intelligence, who happened to be a very precocious Kindergartener, but whose actual position on the bell curve shifted toward the mean as he grew up. That happens. Gifted kids are usually precocious, but not all precocious kids (especially in early childhood) turn out to be genuinely gifted, and I've seen absolutely zero evidence that Skylar is gifted in any way. He's not even all that competent at his chosen work, in the field he majored in.

Of course, his parents were also dealing with the fact that he was autistic, so I'm sure emphasizing his intelligence and academic achievement was compensation for that. Unfortunately, it turned out to be massive overcompensation, at the expense of cultivating traits that were less easy to quantify, but far more important for his success as an adult. You can keep reading books and learning stuff as an adult, but the older you get, the harder it is to overcome your personality defects and social inadequacies, and learn new ways of being.

He was a National Merit Scholar, so he did at least get a decent "book" education as a homeschooled kid. But holy shit, did his parents fail to see to his education as a human being who has to live among other human beings, and communicate with them effectively, and not alienate and antagonize them with his strangeness. I've met enough high-functioning people with autism to know that his shitty behaviors and attitudes are due to crucial failures in his upbringing and socialization; blaming them on the autism itself and using that as an excuse is an insult to autistic people who have learned not to behave that way.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧
kiwifarms.net
If his cramps were that severe, the teacher would have probably accommodated him.
If he had an actual medical issue causing the cramping it would be easy to get accommodations. My bet is that he’s just lazy.
When I returned to college for a career change, every course syllabus I received had a boilerplate section on it regarding compliance with the US Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Although the wording slightly varied from professor to professor, the gist of the paragraph was:

If you need accommodations under the ADA, either discuss them with your instructor or contact the Academic Support Office who will then contact the instructor with the accommodations you need.
As @ChuckSlaughter pointed out, there's a chance Skylar might have had a bona fide medical reason why he couldn't take handwritten notes for an entire class period. Had he taken the proper steps spelled out above and not focused more on behaving like a jerk about "the rules," he might have received approval to take some or all of his class notes electronically. Pre-ADA, professors were still receptive to students that wanted to take notes electronically or make audio tapes of their lectures provided they were notified in advance out of common courtesy.

If it was simply a case of him having chronic I-dont-want-to-do-anything-for-myself-itis, all bets are off.

Just because a student has informed a college of their disability, and potential need for accommodations, doesn't mean they will actually use them.
I can understand this point. I envision a student wanting to notify an instructor or the school's Academic Support Office (whatever it might be titled) about an ADA-eligible disability just to have it on record without the immediate need for accommodations if none are needed at that instant - just to make it easier to request them down the road should something change.

In Skylar's case, I would suspect neither the school nor the faculty/staff were notified for whatever reason, whether pride, smugness, arrogance, or something else.

He was a National Merit Scholar, so he did at least get a decent "book" education as a homeschooled kid. But holy shit, did his parents fail to see to his education as a human being who has to live among other human beings, and communicate with them effectively, and not alienate and antagonize them with his strangeness.
Unfortunately, book and academic smarts mean nothing when people can't properly express themselves in their interactions with others.

Edits for spelling

Last edited:

ChuckSlaughter

kiwifarms.net
Carroll claims that their faculty and staff have all undergone training ... does not qualify them to diagnose those disabilities.
"Hey I notice you act pretty autistic! Are you autistic?" --Disgraced former college professor.
Did Skylar's mom ever go to college? I have a personal beef with these parents who want to fill colleges with childish rules because they failed to raise an adult. I know I wouldn't have bothered.
Plenty of autistic and ADHD kids get through college just fine
Branson has supposedly severe ADHD and he's organized enough to run a multinational corporation. GethN7 is autistic and yet manages to be exceptionally pleasant. I'm not an expert but I don't see that happening to anyone getting asshole passes.
may have convinced themselves that he really is a gifted genius, rather than see him for what he really is--someone of not much more than average intelligence. I've seen absolutely zero evidence that Skylar is gifted in any way.
Well that's just it. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste"
We'll never know how smart @Skylar Ittner really is because his mother is a child abuser.

Meowthkip

LOL U HAVE SMOL PEN0R
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People with autism often have dysgraphia where good handwriting takes a significant mental load. It may be genuinely hard for him to take notes and learn from the lecture at the same time. The cramping is because he never bothers to try and use his uncoordinated flippers to do anything other than type.
Perhaps if he did stuff with a pencil other than write, his hand might not cramp up so much.

Then again, my wrist has a tendency to cramp when I'm writing by hand, but not so much when I draw, so when I looked over my doodles I drew in class, the memory of what the teacher was saying while I was drawing it would pop up in my head just because of the association of the sound with the image, along with some very brief notes based on core parts of the subject.

It drove my teachers nuts but I tested well and would usually respond correctly when called on. IDK, people have different methods of retaining information.

Country Matters

That's a fair thought to lie between maids' legs
kiwifarms.net
What Skylar's mother was too fucking stupid to understand is that training faculty and staff to better accommodate students with disabilities does not qualify them to diagnose those disabilities. They still have to be told that an autistic kid is autistic, because they are not doctors, and not qualified to determine that themselves.

Sure, a given prof (especially in STEM classes) might have recognized that Skylar's behavior and social ineptitude was a lot like that of autistic kids they'd encountered before, and even come to the private conclusion that Skylar was a probable autist. But if no accommodations were requested, and Skylar himself didn't inform the prof that he was autistic? Then the prof was under no obligation to decide, "Oh, of course he's autistic!", give him an asshole pass, and accommodate his odious behavior. There are, after all, a lot of young men who act very much as Skylar did, in college classes--dominating class discussions, shouting down opposition, beating everyone over the head with how smart they think they are--and they're not autistic. Should a prof be able to make a half-educated guess that they are autistic, and go ahead and accommodate them (at the expense of other students), despite the fact they aren't registered with the college as disabled and eligible for accommodation? Fuck, no.
Yeah, we've all ran into people we privately considered heavily to be autistic, but can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if a college professor just starting randomly treating a student in a "special" way?

FFS, he was studying CS, and while they obviously aren't all social exceptional individuals, the stereotype is there for a very good reason. I'm friends with several CS majors/aspiring programmers, and damn if they aren't some of the most awkward people I've ever talked to. If you assumed every socially awkward/overly logical person without much emotional intelligence to be autistic a professor would just assume every one of their students is autistic as fuck. Sometimes people are just awkward people who never were challenged to develop social skills, and the type of intelligence that lends itself well to being a good programmer often doesn't include emotional intelligence. Doesn't mean they're autistic.

This is, of course, ignoring the fact that Skylar doesn't seem to have had much of a chance of being a good programmer, from what I see from people who know what they're doing in this thread. It's interesting to see. He seems on par with a competent middle school script kiddy, except he's an adult who went to college to try to study this shit.

tramfest

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, we've all ran into people we privately considered heavily to be autistic, but can you imagine the shitstorm that would ensue if a college professor just starting randomly treating a student in a "special" way?

FFS, he was studying CS, and while they obviously aren't all social exceptional individuals, the stereotype is there for a very good reason. I'm friends with several CS majors/aspiring programmers, and damn if they aren't some of the most awkward people I've ever talked to. If you assumed every socially awkward/overly logical person without much emotional intelligence to be autistic a professor would just assume every one of their students is autistic as fuck. Sometimes people are just awkward people who never were challenged to develop social skills, and the type of intelligence that lends itself well to being a good programmer often doesn't include emotional intelligence. Doesn't mean they're autistic.

This is, of course, ignoring the fact that Skylar doesn't seem to have had much of a chance of being a good programmer, from what I see from people who know what they're doing in this thread. It's interesting to see. He seems on par with a competent middle school script kiddy, except he's an adult who went to college to try to study this shit.
to be fair, it wasn't even a real computer science degree he was studying for.

ChuckSlaughter

kiwifarms.net
. He seems on par with a competent middle school script kiddy, except he's an adult who went to college to try to study this shit.
to be fair, it wasn't even a real computer science degree he was studying for.
So I went to dig up more on his program but it turns out they would have relieved him of the burden of note taking entirely and may have been willing to simply pass him if he was close to graduation or at least allowed him to study at home away from those mean jerkprofs and dang dirty homosexuals and the temptations of their round athletic asses and prominent bulges and rock hard muscles if he'd only asked nicely and provided a doctor's note.

Students with Disabilities Statement
In recognizing the unique value of each human being,
............... blah blah blah....
  • peer note-takers
  • •Course substitutions, credit reductions, course requirement waivers
More hints that he was probably already in trouble
https://github.com/skylarmt/plagapedia
https://archive.vn/C4p0k

https://github.com/skylarmt/math-328-group
Which is discrete math at carroll and is only required for the CS track. The college seems like it might only hand out Arts degrees but he was taking a real CS degree even if it was on the soft side. He has the skillset of someone who graduated CS just for money and has happily spent the last 10 years writing in-house business applications and barely uses a computer at home. The timestamp matches his 3rd year.
He just likes making things and he doesn't care if they're a little messed up and written in the wrong languages if it gets the job done. Which is cool I guess but it is really something for a guy like that with a merit scholarship to go through CS and change so little.
I also found his claim of getting a dedicated server for $60/mo to be bullshit. His provider iweb only sells VPS that cheap.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino