sleeping in a car?. -

Robert Sanvagene

Doing the needful
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get yourself a second generation Prius. Unless you're a freak, you should be able to fit in the back of it with the rear seat folded down. As an added bonus, you can run the HVAC system off the battery, thus remaining comfortable all night irrespective of outside temperature.

There are many videos and articles out there discussing how to convert a second-gen Prius into a perfectly cromulent RV for one.

• Agree
Reactions: Orion Balls

Troonos

Regrettable Cake Farts
kiwifarms.net
I can't do it. Especially if it's moving. Even if it's parked, I can't fall asleep on my back or front, so I have to sleep on my side, and lying on your side in a car seat is ridiculously awkward and uncomfortable. Never been able to sleep in a car.

Get yourself a second generation Prius. Unless you're a freak, you should be able to fit in the back of it with the rear seat folded down. As an added bonus, you can run the HVAC system off the battery, thus remaining comfortable all night irrespective of outside temperature.

There are many videos and articles out there discussing how to convert a second-gen Prius into a perfectly cromulent RV for one.

You're making me want to go against my better judgment and actually consider buying a Prius. Are there other less gay hatchbacks that can fit a twin mattress?

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene

Expurgate Contradictions

A dog's rights activist, a lover, a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I lived in the parking lot of a WAL*MART for a while when a homeless alcoholic. A lot of booze helps you fall asleep in the car. Keep in mind that if you leave the car running even if you're not driving it, you can still get popped for a DUI though.
In Canada you can get a DUI for being drunk in the vehicle with the keys in it, even if you're passed out in the backseat.

Robert Sanvagene

Doing the needful
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're making me want to go against my better judgment and actually consider buying a Prius. Are there other less gay hatchbacks that can fit a twin mattress?
Tesla has done a great job in removing the residual gayness around the Prius. They're also old enough to be ignored by virtually everyone, yet not old enough to be ruined by hipsters.

M3xus

kiwifarms.net
I've slept on long car trips with friends. If I couldn't lay across the backseat, I'd usually fold a pillow and prop my head up on that, worked wonders.

Bubbly Sink

Drink fagcoke, by coca-cola
kiwifarms.net
I have "car camped" before, usually on long road trips. It's pretty easy, honestly. I wear my jacket as normal, recline my driver seat all the way back and pull it back too, and sleep like that, usually with a neck pillow. It's helpful to put a shade in the window to not attract attention. Just don't leave your battery or engine on. If it's cold, use a mylar blanket or hand warmers.

If you're sleeping while someone is driving, do the above but remove any steps that prevent whoever is driving from operating the car, lol :gunt:

Tags
None