Smaller Communities that are awful but don't deserve a thread -

Ghost of Wesley Willis

Whooping Batman's Ass in Heaven
kiwifarms.net
YouTube channels that center their entire content on reddit posts. You know, guys like rslash, updoot reddit, reddit and chill, toadfilms, or any of those other extremely dime a dozen channels that keep popping up in your recommendation feed. All they literally do is read a bunch of reddit posts (or use TTS programs to do so) with some basic video effects in the background and their entire bread and butter subreddits are either r/entitledparents, or r/prorevenge, both of which are subreddits known entirely for having exaggerated stories or just outright made up ones. Like-whores on YouTube using posts from karma-whores on reddit for quick and easy ad revenue, easily peak YouTube in 2019.

Pop-Tart

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Yeah.... Just take a read at this topic if you want to have the most pity-filled laugh of your life. To call this community "empty shells" would be a compliment.
This is like that service where you can hire a women to play video games with you online. Like at this point just get a hooker. This is just barely one step abrive findom.

Masquerade

MUSIC, COME ON!!!
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as somebody in said community, I gotta go with the Life is Strange fandom.

Ship wars to the extreme, people constantly sperging out about a lack of "muh lesbeans" in the 2nd game. Hell, the entire fandom is split between people who like both games, and the season 1 elitists.

Speaking of LiS2, the tumblr yaoi fangirls hopped ALL over the fandom post-episode 3, due to being able to choose the main character's sexuality at one point.

I like the games, but the fandom can die in a ditch.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It's very autistic and cliquey, there's a ton of really spergy mods. iirc there's well over 100 of them which makes it larger than a lot of the communities mentioned here.
Unfortunately their internal shit isn't really available for public discussion, unless someone wants to tism out and chop their cock off and become one.

Aside from the public irc channel where autists go to complain about being banned for spamming pepe threads on /v/ or whatever, there really isn't much public.

If someone could dox them all that would be fantastic, but I don't see that happening. At least not without a huge defection of some sort.

Basil II

My vision is augmented
kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately their internal shit isn't really available for public discussion, unless someone wants to tism out and chop their cock off and become one.

Aside from the public irc channel where autists go to complain about being banned for spamming pepe threads on /v/ or whatever, there really isn't much public.

If someone could dox them all that would be fantastic, but I don't see that happening. At least not without a huge defection of some sort.
My friend was a former janny around 2013, a bit outdated but it could be some interesting insight, especially considering a good portion of the mods have been there since then. I could ask him what he knows later if anyone wants. What he's told me so far since I asked is that ABIB looks like a real life Happy Merchant, and that a lot of Mods go to irl 4chan conventions (Who's the autist who came up with a fucking 4chan convention?) and that he learned very quickly not to check the reports of posts that broke U.S. law.

• Informative
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Son of Odin

kiwifarms.net
The Nationstates Community

I'm not sure what they're like now since it's been years since I've last been there but they were pretty exceptional with obsessing over their fictional countries and getting into political and other debates in the forums. I ended up leaving because I got bored with it, there wasn't much to do after you unlocked all of the site's features, but the exceptional community was an added bonus.

YouTube channels that center their entire content on reddit posts. You know, guys like rslash, updoot reddit, reddit and chill, toadfilms, or any of those other extremely dime a dozen channels that keep popping up in your recommendation feed. All they literally do is read a bunch of reddit posts (or use TTS programs to do so) with some basic video effects in the background and their entire bread and butter subreddits are either r/entitledparents, or r/prorevenge, both of which are subreddits known entirely for having exaggerated stories or just outright made up ones. Like-whores on YouTube using posts from karma-whores on reddit for quick and easy ad revenue, easily peak YouTube in 2019.
I like ToadFilms (it's my go to for Reddit reading), but their Pepe theme is... embarassing.

Skip to 14:15

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Late but finally someone fucking mentions this.

I love the mother games (and I assume that's not a deviant opinion here) but boyhowdy has that community been infected by trannies.

Starmen.net was always very goon-esque with it's humour so it's not a big surprise :(
Ah yes, they were everywhere back in 2012-2013 i think, flooding all threads about the game (and sometimes, other RPGs) with fan theories, headcanons and creppypasta material, nowadays it seems they are not as prominent as they used to be, probably most of them moved towards Undertale, Yume Nikki and other indie walking simulators
I can attest first-hand that the Mother fandom is (or at least was) a terrible community - and in particular starmen.net. I've brought it up in the SJW Art thread as an example of how intolerant everyone generally acts but considering I actually have been in some drama with it I feel I should elaborate a little more.

The thing is at one point I was actually a fairly prominent member of the starmen.net community - and whatever it was when I joined, it sure as hell wasn't the same when I decided I'd had enough.

See a large problem that the community had was with gatekeeping and, as @Coolio55 said, it became infected with transtrenders who also happened to really like Undertale. Things got bad - really bad - so much so that even making jokes would earn you a ban because you might hurt other peoples' feefees. As you can imagine it pretty much choked the activity on the forums unless you were a prominent member who was running a fan comic or had been there for over a decade. I eventually had enough and called people out - and of course I was pretty much exiled from the Mother community as a result.

They also had a safe space special snowflake gender topic in the general discussion section - this was where most of the forum activity took place (and as far as I'm aware, it's still the only section on the whole site that has daily activity on a regular basis. I don't think the place/fandom as a whole is bad enough to deserve a topic considering it's basically a corpse now, though.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
They also had a safe space special snowflake gender topic in the general discussion section
Oh god... THAT thread. I've seen it too *sigh*
It's a pretty good "dead forum" indicator when all the "special" accounts (In this instance they get special username avatars) are airing out their gross stuff. Happens all too often :(

To be fair the general shitpost thread and the smash thread (and a few others) are much bigger. Still mostly a ghost town though.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I already did that to become a mod here I don't think it'll work a second time.

Also @Zaragoza mentioned spacebattles and lemme just say, there's been some juicy drama over accusations the staff there are coddling far-right users.

Seems to come from the more snowflakey/outragey type of left on the board and not particularly substantiated? IDK it's incredible if its true and equally so if it isn't.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
It all just went to shit during that election cycle. With Trump and Brexit both happening people full on lost their fucking minds. So many memorable people got banned for trying to debate the hive-mind, and others got banned just for laughing at exceptional individuals.
I'm a member of a gaming forum that just completely shit itself thanks to that election cycle as well, it was really depressing to see.

• DRINK!
Reactions: Y2K Baby
Tags
None