Disaster Smart speaker recordings reviewed by humans - Can you believe it?

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
kiwifarms.net
I just turned my PSVR camera to face the wall.
Then I started thinking about how many gigs their file must be.

I decided quite quickly I was never going to own one. The first time you hear a recording of random background noise, possibly a tv or distant conversation? you start to question if they record every possible spoken word it hears, directed at it intentionally or not.
I mean, I always thought the idea of voluntarily paying for and installing a device in my home to spy on me was fucking stupid, when I assumed they were just spying on shit I would use it for purposely.

Reactions: JosephStalin

JosephStalin

Vozhd
kiwifarms.net
This smacks of Oceania, in 1984. Saw this article earlier today. The wise person doesn't purchase such things. The wise person doesn't use Cortana, Siri, Bailey, or any "assistants" in computers/tablets/phones. You may think these things are working for you, but as can be seen they're actually working for the companies that created them. Fuck that.

Reactions: KeyserBroze

Mysterious Capitalist

Welcome back to the club, old friend
kiwifarms.net
They also described hearing distressing clips such as a potential sexual assault
I was going to say that it would be neat to be able to detect and maybe prevent this kind of crimes, but then I reminded myself the old adage:

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino