So a Fucktard is posting on the Enter Subforum: A Guide -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellblazer

Everything has its time and everything dies.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Went through and cleaned out another embarrassing thread in this subforum, which was a prime example of why this place continues to be on shaky ground. One rambling autist can spin an entire thread into a terrible spergfest without expending any effort at all. And not one of his posts was reported.

Because people here can't seem to figure out basic site protocol despite being told again and again, I'm going to use pictures this time.

SO A FUCKTARD IS POSTING IN YOUR THREAD: A GUIDE
A really lazy troll or exceptional individual posts something off-topic or derailing:
tard.PNG

What possible steps can we take here? There are several.

1) REPORT THE POST- this is the easiest, best thing to do. Just click the report button, enter a short reason for the report, and you're done. A mod will look at it and either delete it, move it, or decline the report and will usually send you a reason. If your report is rejected, don't let that stop you from reporting things in the future. The only time we ever get mad about reports is if people spam them nonsensically.
Report.PNG

2) USE THE RATINGS SYSTEM- Don't vindictively rate every post the person has ever made, but take each post by its individual merit and leave an appropriate rating. If for some reason you don't want to report an off-topic post, leaving an Off-Topic rating is a good way to raise the chances of a mod noticing the post on their own. It's rare that a post with several of these isn't worthless.
ratings.PNG

3) IGNORE THE USER- If idiots don't get attention they'll usually get bored and wander off on their own soon enough. "Do not feed the trolls" also works for attention whores and chronic shitposters. Using the Ignore function will make it so that you don't have to deal with their shit, and they lose out on whatever they gain from being spergs.
Ignore.PNG

4)IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON- If you don't want to do anything, just shrug off the stupid post and keep reading the thread. Pretend it doesn't exist and continue reading and posting normally.

Once you have done one of these things, you're done! Enjoy your experiences reading and posting about idiots on the Internet, and don't give the shitty poster another thought.

THINGS TO NOT DO:

1)ENGAGE THE IDIOT- Once you descend to their level to argue over whatever off-topic shit they are whinging about, you are actively contributing to moving the thread further off topic while guaranteeing that the dumbass will stick around

2)CALL THEM OUT/INSULT THEM- This has all the downsides of engaging them along with completely fucking the thread up and turning it into mudslinging. At this point you become worse than they are. It's also community infighting, which is against the rules.

3)WHINE ABOUT THEM NOT BEING BANNED- This isn't your call, and falls under backseat moderation. It adds nothing to the thread, is off-topic, and utterly pointless.

4)MAKE ANY POST WHATSOEVER THAT GIVES THEM ATTENTION- Fuck 'em. They're not worth the time spent typing, and I hope you have better things to do with your time than worry about getting back at someone for shitting up a thread.

Last edited:

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Oh okay. I think my point still stands though in general. If you can't take getting your balls busted sometimes or anything like that, the website's just not for you. I just wanted to make that general point.
You're right. Different opinions will be here, and this is not a hugbox. Admittedly, I did find it hypocritical that people think it's spergy that MrEnter gets worked up over cartoons, but then people get worked up over someone liking MrEnter and sharing that opinion (even if it was a bit disruptive). Thankfully that doesn't happen much anymore though.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're right. Different opinions will be here, and this is not a hugbox. Admittedly, I did find it hypocritical that people think it's spergy that MrEnter gets worked up over cartoons, but then people get worked up over someone liking MrEnter and sharing that opinion (even if it was a bit disruptive). Thankfully that doesn't happen much anymore though.
Exactly. All that does is make people look like thin skinned pussies and hypocrites if they do all the same shit that they are accusing someone else of doing. This shit has been really boiling on my mind for a while and I wanted to finally come out and say all of this. It's one of the reasons why I've tried to distance myself more from this subforum.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Exactly. All that does is make people look like thin skinned pussies and hypocrites if they do all the same shit that they are accusing someone else of doing. This shit has been really boiling on my mind for a while and I wanted to finally come out and say all of this. It's one of the reasons why I've tried to distance myself more from this subforum.
Yeah, I mostly stopped replying here because it seemed awfully circle-jerky, but I'm glad this guide was finally shown out (even though the Rich4270 thread incident wasn't recent), and I hope this will improve the quality of the subforum.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bernard
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino