So a Random Fucktard is Posting in your thread: A guide (Loveshy Therapy Center Adapted Edition) -

SunLightStreak

Elite Illuminati Task Force Agent for Cow Control
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
An Adaption of the Epic @Hellblazer Thread

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/so-a-fucktard-is-posting-on-the-enter-subforum-a-guide.9224/

Hi! A few random people have been posting in the already large and enormous sluthate thread. Often one of these folks will post nearly 100 posts in a short period of time and cause the rest of the site to react to them. Since this subforum will likely be dealing with more noteworthy people, I think a refresher on Forum Protocol could not hurt.

A simple rule of thumb is that if they are not verified or confirmed as being who they say they are then treat them like a regular member or a fucktard, depending on their temperament.

I decided to adapt the general framework and most of the text of one of the best threads on this forum about fucktard management.

SO A FUCKTARD IS POSTING IN YOUR THREAD: A GUIDE (Loveshy Therapy Center Adapted Edition)
A really lazy troll or exceptional individual posts something off-topic or derailing:
Dove Post Cap.jpg

What possible steps can we take here? There are several.

1) REPORT THE POST- this is the easiest, best thing to do. Just click the report button, enter a short reason for the report, and you're done. A mod will look at it and either delete it, move it, or decline the report and will usually send you a reason. If your report is rejected, don't let that stop you from reporting things in the future. The only time staff ever gets mad about reports is if people spam them nonsensically.
Report Post Cap.jpg

2) USE THE RATINGS SYSTEM- Don't vindictively rate every post the person has ever made, but take each post by its individual merit and leave an appropriate rating. If for some reason you don't want to report an off-topic post, leaving an Off-Topic rating is a good way to raise the chances of a mod noticing the post on their own. It's rare that a post with several of these isn't worthless.
https://kiwifarms.net/attachments/ratings-png.24843/

3) IGNORE THE USER- If idiots don't get attention they'll usually get bored and wander off on their own soon enough. "Do not feed the trolls" also works for attention whores and chronic shitposters. Using the Ignore function will make it so that you don't have to deal with their shit, and they lose out on whatever they gain from being spergs.
Ignore Prompt.jpg

4)IGNORE THE POST AND MOVE ON- If you don't want to do anything, just shrug off the stupid post and keep reading the thread. Pretend it doesn't exist and continue reading and posting normally.

Once you have done one of these things, you're done! Enjoy your experiences reading and posting about idiots on the Internet, and don't give the shitty poster another thought.

THINGS TO NOT DO:
1)ENGAGE THE IDIOT- Once you descend to their level to argue over whatever off-topic shit they are whinging about, you are actively contributing to moving the thread further off topic while guaranteeing that the dumbass will stick around

2)CALL THEM OUT/INSULT THEM- This has all the downsides of engaging them along with completely fucking the thread up and turning it into mudslinging. At this point you become worse than they are. It's also community infighting, which is against the rules.

3)WHINE ABOUT THEM NOT BEING BANNED- This isn't your call, and falls under backseat moderation. It adds nothing to the thread, is off-topic, and utterly pointless.

4)MAKE ANY POST WHATSOEVER THAT GIVES THEM ATTENTION- Fuck 'em. They're not worth the time spent typing, and I hope you have better things to do with your time than worry about getting back at someone for shitting up a thread.

Last edited:

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Honestly, there's really a difference between some Sluthater that's just posting there after the main outbreak of the raid a while ago and some guy that is continuously going into every single thread just to derail it. IceCat might have been a good example for this a while ago, but I really can't think of anyone else. If we always went by this guide, then we wouldn't have been able to have our Sluthate raid fun two months ago.

EDIT 7/3/2015: Looking back, this is still a useful guide for Holden's posts outside of his thread even if it isn't necessary for the Sluthaters anymore.

Last edited:

SunLightStreak

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, there's really a difference between some Sluthater that's just posting there after the main outbreak of the raid a while ago and some guy that is continuously going into every single thread just to derail it. IceCat might have been a good example for this a while ago, but I really can't think of anyone else. If we always went by this guide, then we wouldn't have been able to have our Sluthate raid fun two months ago.
A raid is one thing when there are lots of verifieds, but lately we have just been getting people posting in these threads claiming to be a sluthate to just rile users. Dove was an example as was Sub8life was and a few others. We are likely going to attract more attention with this subforum. It is better to be prepared now.

If we had all been a lot more careful during the sluthate raid, they would not be sitting on our photos. We could have held back and waited for everyone to be verified properly. Diamond never would have been able to search the off topic area if he was verified because everyone held off in responding to them. It would have been easier to monitor them if everyone ignored them and just reported them unless they were verified. Our haste as members in confronting them, led to a serious breach of privacy for a number of members of this for forum.

It was fun. Now we have to clean up.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
A raid is one thing when there are lots of verifieds, but lately we have just been getting people posting in these threads claiming to be a sluthate to just rile users. Dove was an example as was Sub8life was and a few others. We are likely going to attract more attention with this subforum. It is better to be prepared now.

If we had all been a lot more careful during the sluthate raid, they would not be sitting on our photos. We could have held back and waited for everyone to be verified properly. Diamond never would have been able to search the off topic area if he was verified because everyone held off in responding to them. It would have been easier to monitor them if everyone ignored them and just reported them unless they were verified. Our haste as members in confronting them, led to a serious breach of privacy for a number of members of this for forum.

It was fun. Now we have to clean up.
Why would we want to have kept it in control anyway? The reason people even participated was because it was so chaotic. If we had to wait to verify every single one of these users, it would be very boring. Tell meme, even if these guys are ruses, I don't think unless they attract more, the raid will even be 10% as powerful as the last one. And besides, they're mainly only targeting a few threads anyway. And if it gets out of hand we could make a "Sluthate Debate Thread" or something like that in order for there to just be screencaps and other stuff in the actual thread(s).

SunLightStreak

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why would we want to have kept it in control anyway? The reason people even participated was because it was so chaotic. If we had to wait to verify every single one of these users, it would be very boring. Tell meme, even if these guys are ruses, I don't think unless they attract more, the raid will even be 10% as powerful as the last one. And besides, they're mainly only targeting a few threads anyway. And if it gets out of hand we could make a "Sluthate Debate Thread" or something like that in order for there to just be screencaps and other stuff in the actual thread(s).
We are letting people come in and derail discussions. Chaos can be fun and there can be room for it, but from what I have seen this forum has rules and for very good reasons on each of them. The reason we verify is so that every amateur troll on the internet does not come here and decide to cause 20-30 page thread derails. It is to make sure the person we are talking to is the confirmed as being the real article. You can check almost every thread outside of the Entersphere Subforum and see that this is how things are done here. People get verified and are properly engaged if and only if they are verified.

If they are not verified, then they have to play by the standard rules that each member of this forum adheres to. If they derail threads then then need to be reported to staff.

These rules came about because of trial and error. This forum, from what I understand, made a lot of mistakes over the years and many of the strange policies in place exist because they were determined to be the best way to proceed. They learned the need to do these things.

The Mr Enter forum had most of those rules and procedures waved, partially because many of the members were new and not used to being in this type of environment. No one was ever verified there. No one reported people who derailed threads. No one made any effort to do any of these things. The threads became polluted and dead branch threads started to emerge. Many of those branches now sit in spergatory, examples of how not to act on this forum. The entersphere became a mess not because of the fact that Mr Enter was not worthy of ridicule. It fell apart because it lacked the same rules and protocols in its posters that the rest of this forum engages in. When those rules and discipline were not employed the area became trollable. @Simplicity111 , you met some of those trolls.

The mods can only do so much, but if we, the standard posters, do not do our part to maintain some semblance of reason, decorum, and stay on topic in discussions; we cannot expect ourselves to be "moderated into shape". We each have a part in this as members of the community.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage people to think about how they can moderate themselves and keep the discussions fun and on topic for everyone.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
We are letting people come in and derail discussions. Chaos can be fun and there can be room for it, but from what I have seen this forum has rules and for very good reasons on each of them. The reason we verify is so that every amateur troll on the internet does not come here and decide to cause 20-30 page thread derails. It is to make sure the person we are talking to is the confirmed as being the real article. You can check almost every thread outside of the Entersphere Subforum and see that this is how things are done here. People get verified and are properly engaged if and only if they are verified.

If they are not verified, then they have to play by the standard rules that each member of this forum adheres to. If they derail threads then then need to be reported to staff.

These rules came about because of trial and error. This forum, from what I understand, made a lot of mistakes over the years and many of the strange policies in place exist because they were determined to be the best way to proceed. They learned the need to do these things.

The Mr Enter forum had most of those rules and procedures waved, partially because many of the members were new and not used to being in this type of environment. No one was ever verified there. No one reported people who derailed threads. No one made any effort to do any of these things. The threads became polluted and dead branch threads started to emerge. Many of those branches now sit in spergatory, examples of how not to act on this forum. The entersphere became a mess not because of the fact that Mr Enter was not worthy of ridicule. It fell apart because it lacked the same rules and protocols in its posters that the rest of this forum engages in. When those rules and discipline were not employed the area became trollable. @Simplicity111 , you met some of those trolls.

The mods can only do so much, but if we the standard posters do not do our part to maintain some semblance of reason, decorum, and stay on topic in discussions, we cannot expect ourselves to be "moderated into shape". We each have a part in this as members of the community.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage people to think about how they can moderate themselves and keep the discussions fun and on topic for everyone.
I guess, but shouldn't there be like a "debate the Sluthaters" thread so nobody would have to worry about derailing the actual Sluthate thread? I mean, like I said, this already happened quite a while ago, and it usually deals with Sluthate, so doesn't quite make it "derailing". And we could always do IP checks on these guys anyway, @Dove didn't have any other matches, so I assume he's a safe one.

• Feels
Reactions: SunLightStreak

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for le double post.
But there is ONE thing I'd like for you to add to the guide @AWB-81. And that's for people to stop tagging Marijan in threads, because whenever they do that, he shows up, and that is what truly leads to thread derailment. People have been doing that a lot.

SunLightStreak

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I guess, but shouldn't there be like a "debate the Sluthaters" thread so nobody would have to worry about derailing the actual Sluthate thread? I mean, like I said, this already happened quite a while ago, and it usually deals with Sluthate, so doesn't quite make it "derailing". And we could always do IP checks on these guys anyway, @Dove didn't have any other matches, so I assume he's a safe one.
But there is ONE thing I'd like for you to add to the guide @AWB-81. And that's for people to stop tagging Marijan in threads, because whenever they do that, he shows up, and that is what truly leads to thread derailment. People have been doing that a lot.
For Verified Internet Celebrities like Marjan and TJ
Staff can make that type of thread on request. It is why you need to report people when they derail threads. It has been done for TJ and Marjan already here. TJ and Marjan were verified cows, though. Verified Cows will often never be banned. When they derail a thread drama happens and it is acceptable because they are famous.(infamous really) They are honored guests and rightfully have their content painstakingly treated with care.

For everyone else
If we give attention to trolls and attention seekers and make their argument threads too, it only encourages more to come. Also, Dove and others could easily be using a proxy/tor. Lots of people have been dropping in and using them lately.

Further reason for the rule: "If they cannot/will not be verified" and they are derailing a thread - don't engage them - report them instead.

Notice that dove is gone now. He and others will think twice about how they approach this place. New visitors will have a choice if they want to start a fight in the threads here by claiming to be a "sluthate/incel/loveshy":

1. They don't let themselves get verified - they have to play by the rules and people will ignore/report them when they act up.

2. They can be verified so that they can stay here and argue with people with impunity, but they will be verified and people will know how they are.

...or...

3. They can learn more about us and engage us on a friendlier level ultimately not starting a fight at all.

Personally, I am glad you are asking these questions. I am sure there were others who wanted to say the same things you are saying now, but did not want to be the person on the spot. Asking honest questions takes guts.

Simplicity111

kiwifarms.net
For Verified Internet Celebrities like Marjan and TJ
Staff can make that type of thread on request. It is why you need to report people when they derail threads. It has been done for TJ and Marjan already here. TJ and Marjan were verified cows, though. Verified Cows will often never be banned. When they derail a thread drama happens and it is acceptable because they are famous.(infamous really) They are honored guests and rightfully have their content painstakingly treated with care.

For everyone else
If we give attention to trolls and attention seekers and make their argument threads too, it only encourages more to come. Also, Dove and others could easily be using a proxy/tor. Lots of people have been dropping in and using them lately.

Further reason for the rule: "If they cannot/will not be verified" and they are derailing a thread - don't engage them - report them instead.

Notice that dove is gone now. He and others will think twice about how they approach this place. New visitors will have a choice if they want to start a fight in the threads here by claiming to be a "sluthate/incel/loveshy":

1. They don't let themselves get verified - they have to play by the rules and people will ignore/report them when they act up.

2. They can be verified so that they can stay here and argue with people with impunity, but they will be verified and people will know how they are.

...or...

3. They can learn more about us and engage us on a friendlier level ultimately not starting a fight at all.

Personally, I am glad you are asking these questions. I am sure there were others who wanted to say the same things you are saying now, but did not want to be the person on the spot. Asking honest questions takes guts.
Thanks man. Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm also aware of Tor but it seems like most Sluthaters aren't smart enough to use it, haha.

But what I meant by "not tagging Marijan" is that a vast majority of the time he shows up to these threads, that was because he was tagged. It happened in the IceCat thread and it happened today in the MRZ thread. People don't want him to show up, but they tag him in their posts anyway, so actually half of it is their fault for the derailment, because if they didn't tag Marijan, he wouldn't have showe up in the first place. Hence why I think it should be added in.

HickoryDickory

Pill-Popper.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But what I meant by "not tagging Marijan" is that a vast majority of the time he shows up to these threads, that was because he was tagged. It happened in the IceCat thread and it happened today in the MRZ thread. People don't want him to show up, but they tag him in their posts anyway, so actually half of it is their fault for the derailment, because if they didn't tag Marijan, he wouldn't have showe up in the first place. Hence why I think it should be added in.
Not really. The ones that were tagging him wanted to see him interact with Mrz. If they want to mention him, but not "summon" him, they wouldn't have used the tag. (Tbh, it does get pretty frustrating at times, and It might've been better to have Mrz go to Marijan's thread)

Dynastia

woman respecter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is Marijan the guy who posts as @Holden ?

Alan Pardew

ProJared ✓
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've unbanned Marijan from most of the threads here. Null doesn't really care when his pic was posted (Null rejected a report about Marijan posting Null's pic again), so I'll let Marijan to post his waifu whatever he wants until he got bored of it.

I also expect some users here to ignore his posts containing his pics and just reply to him about his thoughts.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino