• ”Banned from chat.”

So ObamacareI'm really opposed to it so I biased

Discussion in 'Deep Thoughts' started by Cthulhu, Jul 9, 2018 at 8:00 PM.

Forum Guidelines

This forum is for deep thoughts and more serious discussion. Please be mindful when challenging someone's opinions and beliefs.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards.
    1. https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna889821

Other than the obvious Trump bushing and white knighting.

I'm against Obama care but it cost me twice as fucking much now for healthcare and if I don't get it Uncle Sam eats my ass at the year end.

I promise I won't dox you and rape your mother if your opinion is different. Seems I need a trigger warning now days lol

• Feels Feels x 4
      • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
      Cthulhu

Cthulhu Literally murdering trannies since 2001
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    2. Honestly it was a complete mess- it did help some people but holy fuck did it fuck up in so many areas. My biggest gripe is the tax for not having healthcare- basically a spit in the face to people who couldn't even afford the new plans in the first place.
      It also practically shafted people's work hours- I don't know how many people were basically smushed under the 32-hour limit but I know plenty myself.

Through and through, I'll always say that universal/state-funded health-care should be a state issue, not a national one. If people in a certain state want it, then they can do so without fucking up the whole country and it is going that way already, New York being the most recent state to do it.
      And if it keeps going, Obamacare would practically be rendered useless and be a shitty footnote in history as a failed policy of the lame-duck of lame-ducks.

• Agree Agree x 5
      KiwiLedian

KiwiLedian Just a bug on'a saw

kiwifarms.net
    3. Heath insurance is like gambling. House always wins. Don’t give the insurance company more money.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Feels Feels x 1
      Hortator

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    4. Using coercion to force people into buying health insurance is rooted in right-wing philosophy.

Both parties want to steer markets, just differ on which direction they steering towards.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Feels Feels x 1
      wellthathappened

wellthathappened Ewige Blumenkraft und ewige Schlangenkraft!

kiwifarms.net
    5. fuk obeme care no free weed.

All I asked for was poor people to die in the street, now they charge me more to let trannies cut their dick off on my dollar and refuse to let me see my desired PCP.

I'd say Obama care worked exactly as planned.

• Agree Agree x 1
      Bassomatic

Bassomatic Scribe of the loveshies
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    6. It changed little, but wasted a lot. This is generally how federal programs work.

• Feels Feels x 1
      wellthathappened

wellthathappened Ewige Blumenkraft und ewige Schlangenkraft!

kiwifarms.net
    7. It is absolute shit and not helpful at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      Miel67

Miel67 Hates Kitaro

kiwifarms.net
    8. Someone red-pill me on Obamacare. It's barely been a year since I graduated so I haven't really had an opportunity to experience its effects.

OhGoy

OhGoy Ab o R tE d

kiwifarms.net
    9. If you don't really need healthcare or a regular prescription, it's just cheaper to pay the penalty.

They depend on the healthy to pay for the ill.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Feels Feels x 1
      Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super It means what you think it means.

kiwifarms.net
    10. Obamacare was a dumb solution to healthcare issues. Either go full universal healthcare or don't. But don't half ass it somewhere in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 8
      The Shadow

The Shadow You're no daisy! No daisy at all!

kiwifarms.net
    11. It wasn't as great as the public made it out to be. And I'm sick of getting mail from the insurance company trying to push Obamacare on me. "You still have time to get it." LOL, no. I already get decent coverage for what I need, why would I settle for Obamacare?

• Agree Agree x 2
      Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Stephen Fry's gonna take some think-twink's ass.

kiwifarms.net
    12. The amount of valid birth certificates required to sign up was more than zero so it never did me any good.

• Feels Feels x 1
      Testaclese Maximus

Testaclese Maximus has a full line of chainsaws
      True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    13. Basically.

Insurance companies were having to ramp up rates for boomers to cover their costs. Boomers didn't like that. So the government made everyone buy insurance and placed caps on what could be charged to boomers.

All the shit about helping poor people was just that, bullshit. They already had Medicaid. If they wanted to help the poor they would just change the qualifications that. This was so folks in their late 50's didn't have to sell their Bayliner and timeshare in Maui to pay for their healthcare costs. HSA's and high deductable plans are a thing, y'know. But spending that money on shit feels so much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
      kiwifarms.net
    14. That's all Obama was: half-assed.

• Agree Agree x 8
      Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super It means what you think it means.

kiwifarms.net
    15. This might be worth all the turmoil if Trump came out and said:
      "So Obamacare...SO yesterday!" while this plays

Come on, I had to do something with that title.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • DRINK DRINK x 1
      The Shadow

The Shadow You're no daisy! No daisy at all!

kiwifarms.net
    16. Obamacare was definitely a half measure. I can wax poetic all day about the benefits of a single payer system, but the sad truth is that Americans by and large aren't capable of the kind of critical thinking that would lead them to their own opinion on this subject. Our major news networks are thinly disguised propaganda that run 24/7. The percent chance of them honestly portraying the pros and cons of single payer are hovering somewhere in the negative range.

• Agree Agree x 2
      kiwifarms.net
    17. The problem I have with ObamaCare is that most people that they dragged out the numbers for were already covered by Medicaid/MediCare.

They just hadn't applied for it.

The other thing is it was just watered down shit. If you want a single-payer system then fight for it and say that is what you want.

Not this crap.

Piss Clam

Piss Clam Squeeze me.

kiwifarms.net
    18. I know it's not completely cut and dry or so simple, but I look at what has become of the cosmetic surgery and LASIK industries, and question why the rest of the healthcare market and the populace as a whole can't put two and two together. Inurance didn't cover it, forcing providers to actually compete for business, which drove costs down.

Free markets are the only way to drive costs down, and when the insurance companies are running the industry, it's not a free market. And then you get the government and all its red tape involved and it's like ladleing a hot, steamy spoonful of diarrhea on top of the shit sundae.

ForgedBlades

ForgedBlades Milled wedges.

kiwifarms.net
    19. Obamacare got rid of the "Pre-existing condition" clause and the "lifetime limit" clause, both of which were absolute 100% horse spunk. A person should not have their financial life ruined because of an accident or condition they cannot choose to not have/not treat being expensive, and the pre-existing conditiuon clause was just a cheat card that let insurance companies pull whatever excuse out of their lazy fat arse they wanted for not treating you. "Oh, you had an ear infection at the age of 2? Well that is a pre-existing condition, so now we are going to drop you from our policy because you are racking up bills from that allergic reaction to IV drugs you had, get fucked. (nevermind that we were fine with taking a premium from you every month before now)". IMO, the elimination of the pre existing and lifetime limit clauses is the one good thing obama did in his 8 year tenure.

And yes, that actually happened to my sister during a 3 month long hospital stay. Almost landed us with a $100k medical bill until my father was able to find a new job with better insurance (that employer specifically negotiated that pre-existing clause to be removed for employees and their families) to pick up the tab.

The rest of that bill was pure horse spunk. A bunch of neo-liberal/neo-con masturbatory garbage meant to enrich companies and tax consumers for shit coverage.

In my opinion, all the mandates and taxes were useless. If they REALLY wanted to fix healthcare, they would just say "look, we are going to remove all the obamacare requirements, and we are also going to allow you to bring back the pre existing and lifetime limit clauses. But we are going to let people enroll in medicare, at cost, at anytime before 65, for a cost of ~$143 (the premium cost for part B). It does not have a pre existing or lifetime limit clause. That is now the price you must compete against. Good luck" and let the free market sort it out.

Because a free market, with no regulations, does NOT work when you have a captive market. We have seen that with ISPs, we saw that with utilities (why do you think they are public utilities now), and we are seeing that with healthcare. The government allowing medicare enrollment before the age of 65 would create that pressure to keep prices down the industry desperately needs right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
      kiwifarms.net
    20. Taking over healthcare is one of the steps in the Saul Alinsky playbook, but Obama and his people were mathematically and politically inept fucktards, thus they pushed out a mess of lies, propaganda and an extremely poorly conceived national socialized healthcare plan that increased the average premium for actual healthcare premium paying individuals by 300% but gave the poor, unhealthy and fringe members of the country free services.

My hope is that one day everyone Barack Obama truly loves (himself) ends up being treated by his healthcare plan so that they die in terrible conditions surrounded by completely inept healthcare professionals.

Then "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor." should be etched on his tombstone.

• Like Like x 1
      • Autistic Autistic x 1
      • Dumb Dumb x 1
      PantsFreeZone

PantsFreeZone Smartest monkey on the spinning space rock

kiwifarms.net
    • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
    This website may contain offensive or adult content.
    Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
    All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
    We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.