So some changes they did for the remake of Spyro -

LMR365

Nicolas Cage holding a birthday cake.
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if anyone got the chance to play the new remake to an old game series. But there are some changes they did that some older fans may find either okay or triggering for them.

Original

Remake.

Can be same for others if changed a bit. Like Bombo to Bob the Flagkeeper.

What are some changes you guys notice in the game that you either like or dislike? Depends on the picks I made. The rest of the game is still good to my eyes.

LMR365

Nicolas Cage holding a birthday cake.
kiwifarms.net
Aside from most of the dragons being turned into furry fetish shit I enjoyed the updated designs. They did that smug fuck Moneybags a great service.
Moneybags is one of the best parts of the game and I'm glad they kept him the same with a voice actor that matches his smug voice perfectly.

And in 3 when the remake did his beat up scenes all the greater!

Clop

kiwifarms.net
The only change I had any issue with was the music. The original soundtrack was made by a drummer and you can hear it. The bass and beat are the most important instruments of every track and it sets Spyro's music apart from other games. There's a feeling of weight to the music, appropriate since you're controlling a dragon, which controls like a fairly weighty four-legged animal.

The remaster sounds like so much meh that is beautiful on its own but now a lot of instruments are on an equal footing with the bass and drums and it doesn't sound the same when it doesn't embrace that feeling of lumbering but hyped strength. At the very least you can switch to the old soundtrack from the options, which is a welcome standard for any remaster.

Papa Adolfo's Take'n'Bake

It's screamin' good.
kiwifarms.net
I am cool with the changes overall, I am more annoyed at the huge download they apparently "need"

The only change I had any issue with was the music. The original soundtrack was made by a drummer and you can hear it. The bass and beat are the most important instruments of every track and it sets Spyro's music apart from other games. There's a feeling of weight to the music, appropriate since you're controlling a dragon, which controls like a fairly weighty four-legged animal.

The remaster sounds like so much meh that is beautiful on its own but now a lot of instruments are on an equal footing with the bass and drums and it doesn't sound the same when it doesn't embrace that feeling of lumbering but hyped strength. At the very least you can switch to the old soundtrack from the options, which is a welcome standard for any remaster.
This is why I use lofi hip hop beats instead of the new music, but I think you can change back to the original soundtrack in the options.

• Agree
Reactions: Bread Fetishist

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
Loved the originals as a kid. I haven't played the remakes because I only game on PC, but I've seen plenty of videos and screenshots and I really hate how Elora looks, now. She looks like a demon:

I also hate how Hunter looks like a fursona and all the bloom they added to the levels. And the way that Spyro has idle animations where he licks his feet like he's a cat and his new run cycle look terrible imo.

PsychoNerd054

Reporter of the Double Posts
kiwifarms.net
I like most of the characters redesigns better than what they had in the original trilogy. Before, they all looked like weird muppets.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
You can revert Spyro back to his original design now with a code.

I say outside of what they did to Elora all the characters got very good updates and I will be buying the next Spyro game.

MuuMuu Bunnylips

I'm the greatest thing since World War 3.
kiwifarms.net
Loved the originals as a kid. I haven't played the remakes because I only game on PC, but I've seen plenty of videos and screenshots and I really hate how Elora looks, now. She looks like a demon:

View attachment 782171

I also hate how Hunter looks like a fursona and all the bloom they added to the levels. And the way that Spyro has idle animations where he licks his feet like he's a cat and his new run cycle look terrible imo.
A faun technically is a demon or, to be precise, a daemon. Daemons are nature spirits.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
One of the more annoying things was that there was far less effort put into the baby dragons in Spyro 3 compared to the dragons in the first game. One of the prime examples to me is Ba'ah, who first appears as a sheep until it's revealed to be a disguise. The remake doesn't even attempt to recreate it. I'd show a video but I can't seem to find any footage.

Not a fan of Sheila's redesign either, it looks too...toyetic? The original design was basic but the new one is just ugly.

I think this video is a good examination of the game and its aesthetic changes.

DogEatDogFood

How lolcows are real if our eyes aren't real?
kiwifarms.net
Nobody is talking about how they changed the music. Look how they massacred my boy:

Zodiac

i mean i guess
kiwifarms.net
I feel like Hunter's new voice just absolutely does not match his character.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino