So What Does John Hope To Achieve With Growing Around -

Invisible Crane

kiwifarms.net
We all talk about how much of a potential failure that Growing Around is, but one thing that I don't think gets asked much is what exactly is Mr Enter trying to achieve with Growing Around (other than trying to do right what some Disney short did wrong.......well to him anyway)

• Late
Reactions: Simplicity111

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From the sound of it, he said that all the other stuff he's tried before he got into making review videos never panned out so I think this is some way for him to make up for those losses if he's successful. I remember he even made posts on how he'd fix so and so episode of a TV show and perhaps he liked Flip Flopped so much that it inspired him to want to make his own short. That's all I got really.

Ho Mo for Women

Sandrat Fictionkin
kiwifarms.net
I think that, ultimately, Enter is trying to create his ideal world. A world where being a manchild like him is not only encouraged, but celebrated. He wants a world where, as a child, he can have all the control and power he wishes he had back then, and then, as an adult, he gets to be treated like a child while kids do everything for him. Enter hates the educational system, so all the schools in Growing Around only exist to teach adults how to be "fun" and childlike. He wants a society of manchildren like him. In this world, cartoons would be serious business like he thinks they should be, and people like Casey Alexander would probably be thrown in prison for writing ones he doesn't like. In his "Opposite Day" episode, he shows that he sees the real world as a child-hating dystopia because it doesn't cater to him. Much like Chris did with Sonichu, he's trying to create his own "perfect" world where he never has to do anything and nothing offends him or makes him uncomfortable.
So, basically:

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
At one point, he apparently wanted to "show the networks how it's done." Now, I don't know what it is.

Still, I think it's common knowledge among the denizens of this forum that whatever he hopes to achieve, he won't even be able to get his foot in the door to achieve it. (If an artist like Bob Camp, one of the great minds behind Ren and Stimpy, can't get his own cartoon made, what chance does he have?)

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, I think it's just to try and make his own little fantasy world. Even if the series doesn't take off (and that's pretty likely all things taken into consideration). He'll at least have a world that he can easily go to when he wants to crash into slumber (:_(.

If not that, then I assume it's just a delusion that he's really obsessed about. Anything's possible at this point.

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think that it's partially what Ho Mo For Women said, and partially because his reviews have become so popular to parrot, that the e-fame has really gotten to his head. He thinks that since so many people see him as an 'authority' on animation, that any cartoon he makes will automatically be the best thing ever.

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
I think what it ultimately comes down to is Enter doesn't want to grow up, so he created a world where growing up is actually becoming a kid. This may have started out as a genuine attempt to fix a failed pilot but quickly morphed into his own CWCville because he finds the premise so appealing. He's not really interested in making his world appeal to others, despite his expectations of success. He's invested in this world because it means a lot to HIM.

Alex Krycek

russian bot
kiwifarms.net
Why is everyone assuming that he's using Growing Around as a sort of escapist fantasy? That is the very definition of overanalyzing, or "sperging", as you would put it.
Because its funny to analyze the Freudian implications of Growing Around. Even if I am more of a Jungian than a Freudian, it amuses me to think about GA through the lens of Freudian psychology and essentially be just as spergy as Enter is about Spongebob in a tongue-in-cheek manner. I'm sure you can understand at least some of the humor here and realize that this level of Anti-Enter is really a lot more lighthearted than anything else.

Marionette

IT'S ME
kiwifarms.net
I think that it's partially what Ho Mo For Women said, and partially because his reviews have become so popular to parrot, that the e-fame has really gotten to his head. He thinks that since so many people see him as an 'authority' on animation, that any cartoon he makes will automatically be the best thing ever.
I think this is the best explaination. Enter doesn't want to make a cartoon for entertainment or art but rather to send some sort of message. He's certain he knows what's best just because he has a following while in truth he doesn't know the first thing about the actual production.

Weeb Dweeb

My memes are ever so dank
kiwifarms.net
The thing with the cartoon industry, is that they want something that'll appeal to as many people in the target market as possible to keep high ratings. Growing Around just appeals to him and Enterbots. No matter how "great" your show is not everyone is going to care. Which is why alot of shows get cancelled or even yet, not picked up at all. Enter is going to be royally screwed if he doesn't realize/accept it and get his shit together.

Ho Mo for Women

Sandrat Fictionkin
kiwifarms.net
Because it makes sense. You don't need to over-analyze anything to come to this conclusion.
Yeah, I think the "Opposite Day" episode made it pretty clear that Growing Around is Enter's fantasy world. It's all about how the moronic world of the show is supposedly perfect, and the one guy who disagrees is portrayed as an evil dictator who hates children.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
So...it's literally the same as when Chris during the Stone Golden Age was constantly crying out for his "millions of fans" to vote for his shitty entries to online contests (which he blatantly tried to ballot stuff all the goddamn time anyway) and both the justifications he had for the Sonichu News Dash and the Sonichu comic itself.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino