So What Does John Hope To Achieve With Growing Around -

PsychedelicDiamond

kiwifarms.net
Well, the thing is pretty much everyone thinks they are a good writer and they have the talent necessary to make some great work of art. And almost as many people have that one pet project that they think could make it big, if they only manage to finish and publish it. Growing Around is Mr. Enters pet project and seeing how cartoons are his passion is pet project would also be a cartoon. He probably genuinely thinks GA could be the next Simpsons or Spongebob if mankind would only recognize its genius.

And as I said, most creative folk have that one vanity project, the thing with Enter is that he has a whole bunch of yes men who keep telling him that Growing Around really is that great, innovative idea that deserves to be realized when it's really, really not.

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
Well, the thing is pretty much everyone thinks they are a good writer and they have the talent necessary to make some great work of art. And almost as many people have that one pet project that they think could make it big, if they only manage to finish and publish it. Growing Around is Mr. Enters pet project and seeing how cartoons are his passion is pet project would also be a cartoon. He probably genuinely thinks GA could be the next Simpsons or Spongebob if mankind would only recognize its genius.

And as I said, most creative folk have that one vanity project, the thing with Enter is that he has a whole bunch of yes men who keep telling him that Growing Around really is that great, innovative idea that deserves to be realized when it's really, really not.
Call me crazy, but given that he's already gathered a team and got them voice acting in his reviews, I think Enter will actually complete the pilot and series bible, which I guess puts him a step above those other people. I'm more curious to see what will happen afterward. How will Enter get in contact with major networks, if he does at all? How will he and his fans react to GA's inevitable rejection? Will Enter give up on the project or try to make it work as a webshow? If he does attempt to make a webshow, how long until his creative team implodes and GA goes the way of Sonichu #11?

Dis gonna be good. :popcorn:

Anchuent Dictata

Primordial Manajerk
kiwifarms.net
Call me crazy, but given that he's already gathered a team and got them voice acting in his reviews, I think Enter will actually complete the pilot and series bible, which I guess puts him a step above those other people. I'm more curious to see what will happen afterward. How will Enter get in contact with major networks, if he does at all? How will he and his fans react to GA's inevitable rejection? Will Enter give up on the project or try to make it work as a webshow? If he does attempt to make a webshow, how long until his creative team implodes and GA goes the way of Sonichu #11?

Dis gonna be good. :popcorn:
If growing around makes it to a tenth episode, I'll be awestruck.

Orthodox Chrischanity

Mujahideen, come out to plaaay-ayyy!
kiwifarms.net
I predict a pilot followed by two more episodes with a gap of several months in between before Enter gives up or his team gives up. Given how bullheaded Enter comes off reviews I imagine his team will abandon this sinking ship before he does.
With an eventual Kricfalusian mental breakdown when people on the project phase him out because nothing is done on time?

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Kricfalusi was never this whiny.

And he'll never be able to make it look like they fired him because he was too daring.

Master Shake

Da Mic Rula
kiwifarms.net
True, but Enter seems to think he’d have the same amount of freedom Matt Stone and Trey Parker have with South Park. It just won’t happen.
That makes me wonder, how did Matt and Trey get that much creative freedom?

Also, as an aspiring animator with no experience who hopes to someday have his own show (don't worry, I've done some research and plan on attending college, something Entard will never get through his thick skull), this thread has made it seem even harder than it looks. I at least hope I can retain creative freedom on my show. (Parker and Stone-level seems ideal, but obviously unrealistic. CN-level sounds more reasonable.)

Sanae Kochiya

afk Shrine Maiden
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That makes me wonder, how did Matt and Trey get that much creative freedom?
From the South Park wikipedia page:

Soon after meeting in film class at the University of Colorado in 1992, Parker and Stone created an animated short entitled The Spirit of Christmas.[25] The film was created by animating construction paper cutouts with stop motion, and features prototypes of the main characters of South Park, including a character resembling Cartman but named "Kenny", an unnamed character resembling what is today Kenny, and two near-identical unnamed characters who resemble Stan and Kyle. Brian Graden, Fox network executive and mutual friend, commissioned Parker and Stone to create a second short film as a video Christmas card. Created in 1995, the second The Spirit of Christmas short resembled the style of the later series more closely.[41] To differentiate between the two homonymous shorts, the first short is often referred to as Jesus vs. Frosty, and the second short as Jesus vs. Santa. Graden sent copies of the video to several of his friends, and from there it was copied and distributed, including on the internet, where it became one of the first viral videos.[25][42]

As Jesus vs. Santa became more popular, Parker and Stone began talks of developing the short into a television series. Fox refused to pick up the series, not wanting to air a show that included the character Mr. Hankey, a talking piece of feces.[43] The two then entered negotiations with both MTV and Comedy Central. Parker preferred the show be produced by Comedy Central, fearing that MTV would turn it into a kids show.[44] When Comedy Central executive Doug Herzog watched the short, he commissioned for it to be developed into a series.[25][45]

Through producer David Niles White in August, 1996, Parker and Stone hired animator and computer graphics expert Terrence Masson to create a 10-second test using Alias Software on an SGI computer to match footage from the traditionally produced pilot. This sold everyone[who?] on the "computer graphics technique that looked like construction paper" and could therefore be produced in a reasonable timeframe for television production.[46][47][48][not in citation given]

Parker and Stone assembled a small staff and spent three months creating the pilot episode "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe".[49] South Park was in danger of being canceled before it even aired when the show fared poorly with test audiences, particularly with women. However, the shorts were still gaining more popularity over the Internet, and Comedy Central agreed to order a run of six episodes.[34][44] South Park debuted with "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" on August 13, 1997.[50]
I think Comedy Central might have laxer standards, which explains why South Park is how it is.

Jumpin Jenkins

Needs About Tree Fiddy
kiwifarms.net
He's trying to create his idea of a "Perfect show". This pretty much translates to no actual conflict, similar to Sonichu. The reason why so many episodes feel like ripoffs is because he is taking episodes he doesn't like and is trying to fix them, while only making them worse.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino