So what were witches and wizards supposed to do after graduating from Hogwarts exactly? - No, I will not watch the movies nor read the books

Penis Drager

THAT guy
kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is the career path supposed to be for a wizard? They aren't exen supposed to let normal people know they exist so they could only provide goods and services to other wizards. They can't ALL just become instructors after they graduate. I guess there's some sort of super prison some of them work at or something? Do they all just become prison guards for the bad wizards?

Weed Eater

Why yes I DO smoke marijuana; it's goooood stuff!
kiwifarms.net
Hogwarts is essentially just primary, secondary, and tertiary education in one building. The human, aka "muggle" world is just the world without magic. In the context of that universe, the magic world is just that, magical. There are probably normal ass jobs just mixed with the ideas of magic. Magical couriers for mail, pharmacies are run with magic, ect. I mean in the books/movies you get to see an idea of magical life through seeing Harry live with Weasley family. The Weasley mother literally makes food with the aide of basic magic, they have flying cars. There's a reason why people get so spergy about this shit, it's not that bad of a series if you ignore the bullshit.
In the books, Harry wanted to be an Auror, so that's one job they could do after graduating Hogwarts.
This too. Harry essentially becomes part of the magic police force.

Weed Eater

kiwifarms.net
Why would you need a job when you are magic
Like just cast a spell to get whatever you want you have godlike abilities with poorly defined limits
Even in the magic world there are laws and general amendments people follow. That's why Voldemort was such an issue, because he didn't give a shit and actually had the power to back his bullshit up.

WinchesterPremium

Molṑn lolí
kiwifarms.net
Even in the magic world there are laws and general amendments people follow. That's why Voldemort was such an issue, because he didn't give a shit and actually had the power to back his bullshit up.

But none of them stop you from just living your life. Like what do you need to pay for that you can't just magic? Weird candy was like the one product we saw and they already made it with magic.

Weed Eater

kiwifarms.net
But none of them stop you from just living your life. Like what do you need to pay for that you can't just magic? Weird candy was like the one product we saw and they already made it with magic.
I mean nobody really gives a shit about what happens after, most people are focused on the actual plot of what's going on. Did you read Moby Dick and go "well he killed the whale, what now?"
Also again, if any of you weirdos even took the time to read the first book or even watch 20 mins of the first movie you'd understand that no, you can't just conjure up whatever the fuck you want. If they did whatever the fuck they wanted with magic, it'd literally go against every dumb thing that the series is trying to establish in it's "rules". Magic is limited for the gay reasons Rowling wanted to give her shit. I hate to sound like a shill, but goddamn nobody questions shit like this unless they want to find reasons to nitpick. It's just weird.

Mind you I've only read the first book and slogged through the films. Most of this shit is boring as fuck.

Penis Drager

THAT guy
kiwifarms.net
There are plenty of jobs. Clerical, plumbing, shopkeeping, agriculture, news reporters, bus drivers, doctors. The wizarding world has every problem the muggle world has. They just have magical solutions. Not every witch or wizard is proficient in every spell type. I'll take the puzzle pieces for being serious in my answer.
wasn't all the clerical stuff handled by the goblin jews? And there were non-wizards in that world, like the groundskeeper that looks like a fat homeless alcoholic? I think they'd be doing the normal jobs. Maybe healers and shit make sense but I don't think combat is a general issue most wizards face in this world.

Orion Balls Deux

Macho Mochi Man!
kiwifarms.net
There are five exemptions to Gamp's Elemental Law of Transfiguration. Only two are mentioned. You cannot make food out of nothing, and you cannot make money out of nothing. Nor does money (gold) seem to be able to be duplicated and be of worth.

Solid Snek

kiwifarms.net
Are some of the laws "you can't use magic to fulfill your daily needs unless you get a job and pay wizards taxes on every spell you use" or something?

Like, I could see Magic World Biden being all, you can't kill people with magic, you can't make living sex dolls, etc. But if you're a wizard, and you can generate more food and booze and magical flying carpets than you could ever want, then why bother with a job at all?

A magic world should be a post-scarcity utopia. Is the ruling class imposing artificial controls on the means of magical production?

Penis Drager

THAT guy
kiwifarms.net
Are some of the laws "you can't use magic to fulfill your daily needs unless you get a job and pay wizards taxes on every spell you use" or something?

Like, I could see Magic World Biden being all, you can't kill people with magic, you can't make living sex dolls, etc. But if you're a wizard, and you can generate more food and booze and magical flying carpets than you could ever want, then why bother with a job at all?

A magic world should be a post-scarcity utopia. Is the ruling class imposing artificial controls on the means of magical production?
So the real story here is that Voldemort was a based revolutionary trying to liberate the working class of wizarddom?

Kamikaze

kiwifarms.net
What the fuck is the career path supposed to be for a wizard? They aren't exen supposed to let normal people know they exist so they could only provide goods and services to other wizards. They can't ALL just become instructors after they graduate. I guess there's some sort of super prison some of them work at or something? Do they all just become prison guards for the bad wizards?
Dive off a cliff and read decent fiction like Tolkien or Tolstoy.