Social Justice Lit -

Exigent Circumcisions

A dog's rights activist; a lover; a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"How dare you achieve economic prosperity in the country everyone wants to live in for economic prosperity."
Here in Leafland a lot of Indian men try their hand at working a real job and end up giving up within a few months because they're expected to share their earnings with all their gibsmedat family members.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
Are any of these shit-lit authors genuinely good writers?

Some of my favorite authors were marxists when they were younger and then, you know, grew up.
From my OP list, the only one I can think of that's actually produced anything of quality is Jodi Picoult. Some people like her, some don't, but she does a brisk business- and I don't think it's a coincidence that she's known for writing a variety of topics, rather than making social justice her brand.

And to the best of my knowledge, most of the authors in my list are well into adulthood, with the exception of (I think, finding birth dates was tricky) Amanda Lovelace and possibly Christina Dalcher.

Oh, fun fact: The one author I did find a concrete birthday for was Ariel Gore, the Hexing the Patriarchy chick.

She is 49 years old.

Back when in 2016 I decided to go back to school, but sinice I was a dumbass rebel in high school and didn't take my SAT and retaking it made me somehow fail it, I was forced to take remedial classes.
Mathclass was fine but in English they made us read this Diary of a Wimpy Kid ripoff called "Diary of a Part-Time Indian"
View attachment 1161068
Book was fucking awful, the protaganist is a self insert of the author who whines about being weak and a genetic dead end with water brain and stuttering and resents being smart and white people.
the first chapter is him opening up to how he loves masturbating and that tringles turn him on.
View attachment 1161071 I don't know what was worse, that this was considered a kid's book or that we were supposed to read what's essentially a kid's book in a remedial course because "it's easier for people who don't speak English as a second language".
The author was also a big Hillary shill back in the election.
I read this one. I'll give Sherman Alexie credit in that he did put some decent humor into the book at a lot of points, but the "poor pity me" attitude pervasive throughout the whole thing was grating. He's got enough talent as a writer that the black-and-white thinking in this book was just... Just a bad contrast. I actually read this before ever encountering the Social Justice movement (it was published in 2007, I read it maybe in 2011) and so it didn't ping my bullshit radar quite as hard as it would nowadays.

At the end (it has been years, forgive me if I'm not remembering this right), the main character wins a basketball(?) tournament for his White School team, beating the Native Basketball team, and he feels bad about it because "The Native Americans are always getting beaten and I just contributed to another beating!" or something to that effect. That was one part that flagged as bullshit in Younger Quokka's mind: Like, why are they entitled to a victory just because their people have been beaten before? What, you pity them so they deserve to win? Seriously? I also hated the fact that the narrative reinforces the idea that the main character is a traitor for going to a white school and playing on their basketball team. Wow: Crabs in a bucket, great. It was a fucked up mentality to endorse in a book aimed at kids.

Besides all that, basketball is not a game played with equipment (beyond a ball, anyway), it's played primarily with skill and coaching. I'm not super familiar with the sport, but to my understanding, iff you're making the time, as a team, to practice and hone your playing skills, then it shouldn't matter if those white kids come from a better school with more money and privilege. Git gud or go home.

Oglooger

God isn't dead!BUT I'LL GET THAT BASTARD SOME DAY!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From my OP list, the only one I can think of that's actually produced anything of quality is Jodi Picoult. Some people like her, some don't, but she does a brisk business- and I don't think it's a coincidence that she's known for writing a variety of topics, rather than making social justice her brand.

And to the best of my knowledge, most of the authors in my list are well into adulthood, with the exception of (I think, finding birth dates was tricky) Amanda Lovelace and possibly Christina Dalcher.

Oh, fun fact: The one author I did find a concrete birthday for was Ariel Gore, the Hexing the Patriarchy chick.

She is 49 years old.

I read this one. I'll give Sherman Alexie credit in that he did put some decent humor into the book at a lot of points, but the "poor pity me" attitude pervasive throughout the whole thing was grating. He's got enough talent as a writer that the black-and-white thinking in this book was just... Just a bad contrast. I actually read this before ever encountering the Social Justice movement (it was published in 2007, I read it maybe in 2011) and so it didn't ping my bullshit radar quite as hard as it would nowadays.

At the end (it has been years, forgive me if I'm not remembering this right), the main character wins a basketball(?) tournament for his White School team, beating the Native Basketball team, and he feels bad about it because "The Native Americans are always getting beaten and I just contributed to another beating!" or something to that effect. That was one part that flagged as bullshit in Younger Quokka's mind: Like, why are they entitled to a victory just because their people have been beaten before? What, you pity them so they deserve to win? Seriously? I also hated the fact that the narrative reinforces the idea that the main character is a traitor for going to a white school and playing on their basketball team. Wow: Crabs in a bucket, great. It was a fucked up mentality to endorse in a book aimed at kids.

Besides all that, basketball is not a game played with equipment (beyond a ball, anyway), it's played primarily with skill and coaching. I'm not super familiar with the sport, but to my understanding, iff you're making the time, as a team, to practice and hone your playing skills, then it shouldn't matter if those white kids come from a better school with more money and privilege. Git gud or go home.
I never got that far, I just bullshitted out of it, dropped out because I found work more gratifying and now I regret not putting up with the bullshit to get my degree.
I should give it another try this year.

Edit: I realize you also called it a kid's book. it's pretty bad that a kid's book that's wagoning on Diary of a Wimpy kid is an author's way of talking about his masturbation fantasies about triangles to a young audience. It's pretty fucked up.

QuokkaCaptain

kiwifarms.net
I never got that far, I just bullshitted out of it, dropped out because I found work more gratifying and now I regret not putting up with the bullshit to get my degree.
I should give it another try this year.

Edit: I realize you also called it a kid's book. it's pretty bad that a kid's book that's wagoning on Diary of a Wimpy kid is an author's way of talking about his masturbation fantasies about triangles to a young audience. It's pretty fucked up.
It's technically marketed as a Young Adult book (probably because of the masturbation stuff), but every summer I see the school reading lists and this one usually ends up on the middle school ones.

Honestly, I'd forgotten about the masturbation bit. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm giving a parent the "here are some age-appropriate choices for your son" walkthrough.

FluffyTehFennekin

Ultimate autist
kiwifarms.net
Back when in 2016 I decided to go back to school, but sinice I was a dumbass rebel in high school and didn't take my SAT and retaking it made me somehow fail it, I was forced to take remedial classes.
Mathclass was fine but in English they made us read this Diary of a Wimpy Kid ripoff called "Diary of a Part-Time Indian"
View attachment 1161068
Book was fucking awful, the protaganist is a self insert of the author who whines about being weak and a genetic dead end with water brain and stuttering and resents being smart and white people.
the first chapter is him opening up to how he loves masturbating and that tringles turn him on.
View attachment 1161071 I don't know what was worse, that this was considered a kid's book or that we were supposed to read what's essentially a kid's book in a remedial course because "it's easier for people who don't speak English as a second language".
The author was also a big Hillary shill back in the election.
Wait.. AND THIS FOR CHILDREN!!!??? How would kids find this pleasing?!

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
lol representation is just a pandering scam to get your foot in the door in the media industry.
That's exactly what it is, it's all a big scam for people to get ahead in life by playing the race/gender card, it's got nothing to do with "justice"

That's pretty rich for it to quote MLK when the modern left does nothing but judge people by the color of their skin and not the content of their character.

This is a really sad and upsetting picture, the fact that it isn't "rich/poor" and is instead "white/indian" as if all white people have nice things and none of them are poor too, just coupled with the whole all idea of material things being the barometer for happiness in life, is really messed up.

I actually read this before ever encountering the Social Justice movement (it was published in 2007, I read it maybe in 2011)
Pretty sad to think of proto-woke culture going all the way back to at least 2007.

Hyrip123876

Chernobyl FM
kiwifarms.net
There’s this book called Open Borders, which was written by an economist that advocates for open borders.

Here’s the book cover and a few excerpts:
View attachment 1160929
View attachment 1160930View attachment 1160931View attachment 1160932View attachment 1160933View attachment 1160934View attachment 1160936View attachment 1160938View attachment 1160939
Yes, this is a picture book.
Imagine quoting Milton Friedman, the most influential Economist in 100 years, and triumphantly rebuffing his entire ideology with a ''NUH-UH''

Furina

Centerfold
kiwifarms.net
Imagine quoting Milton Friedman, the most influential Economist in 100 years, and triumphantly rebuffing his entire ideology with a ''NUH-UH''
I remember reading through this ages ago and that's pretty much how he handles a lot of arguments. He has an extremely optimistic view of immigration and the effect of immigrants on a country and bases a lot of his ideas on that. He also contradicts himself constantly. It really reads as one of those books that was meant to preach to the choir. You don't buy it to become convinced of something, but to reinforce beliefs you already have.

TerribleIdeas™

Master of Cunt-Puppets
kiwifarms.net

Oh, yay. Woko Haram is celebrating the removal of Homer and Vergil from the "required reading" for CLASSIC LITERATURE.
And pay special attention to where this piece of shit admits to being a classics professor.
1582911506509.png

1582911541429.png

1582911641037.png

1582911674288.png

1582911703884.png

1582911736706.png

1582911767788.png

1582911867232.png

QuokkaCaptain

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to go down to Cape Canaveral and ask them to pitch me into the fucking sun.

1582912860530.png

(Link)
Who are you?
What is your identity?
What is racism?
How do you choose your own path?
How do you stand in solidarity?
How can you hold yourself accountable?

Learn about identities, true histories, and anti-racism work in 20 carefully laid out chapters. Written by anti-bias, anti-racist, educator and activist, Tiffany Jewell, and illustrated by French illustrator Aurélia Durand in kaleidoscopic vibrancy.

This book is written for the young person who doesn't know how to speak up to the racist adults in their life. For the 14 year old who sees injustice at school and isn't able to understand the role racism plays in separating them from their friends. For the kid who spends years trying to fit into the dominant culture and loses themselves for a little while. It's for all of the Black and Brown children who have been harmed (physically and emotionally) because no one stood up for them or they couldn't stand up for themselves; because the colour of their skin, the texture of their hair, their names made white folx feel scared and threatened.

It is written so children and young adults will feel empowered to stand up to the adults who continue to close doors in their faces. This book will give them the language and ability to understand racism and a drive to undo it. In short, it is for everyone.
This is a kid's book.

When I flipped through it, I saw- I fuck you not- a lesson on how "interruption" is a tool kids can use when they hear adults being "racist". ETA: As in, if you hear your teacher saying something like "I don't see color" during class, this book is telling kids (ENCOURAGING THEM) that it is 100% acceptable to yell "THAT'S RACIST!"

This is attempted brainwashing at its finest.

(I say "attempted" because let's be real, the odds of anyone buying this for their kid is slimmer than slim.)

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading through this ages ago and that's pretty much how he handles a lot of arguments. He has an extremely optimistic view of immigration and the effect of immigrants on a country and bases a lot of his ideas on that. He also contradicts himself constantly. It really reads as one of those books that was meant to preach to the choir. You don't buy it to become convinced of something, but to reinforce beliefs you already have.
You could have completely open borders if all people everywhere in the world were substantially identical and everywhere in the world had nearly identical standards of living. Of course, in that case, there wouldn't even be any point in leaving where you were to go somewhere else since it would be exactly the same anyway.

Slowboat to China

Drinking Toilet Duck
kiwifarms.net
Oh, yay. Woko Haram is celebrating the removal of Homer and Vergil from the "required reading" for CLASSIC LITERATURE.
And pay special attention to where this piece of shit admits to being a classics professor.
So wait, because something could be taught badly, that means it shouldn't be taught at all? What?

I mean, I agree that poor teaching can turn people off the classics. Shakespeare suffers from this a lot, in my experience. But if we shouldn't teach something because people might get the wrong idea of it, then you can argue for the removal of anything from the curriculum. School would be reduced to students just sitting there looking at a board that says "BEING MEAN IS BAD."

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You could have completely open borders if all people everywhere in the world were substantially identical and everywhere in the world had nearly identical standards of living. Of course, in that case, there wouldn't even be any point in leaving where you were to go somewhere else since it would be exactly the same anyway.
For some reason your post reminds me of the movie The Children where zombie kids kill people by hugging them.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Thought of a title of a parody of SJW lit:

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Drink The Koolaid.
What's funny is how much of a reversal this is from the image the left used to like to project, they were the free thinkers and it was everyone else who was a drinker of the Koolaid.

But nowadays don't you dare fucking question their narratives or you will be kicked out of their circles, so much for free thought.

View attachment 1165265
View attachment 1165268
View attachment 1165270
View attachment 1165272
View attachment 1165273
View attachment 1165274
View attachment 1165275
View attachment 1165279
Homer will be far more important to human culture than anything a SJW faggot will ever write.

And speaking of the Greeks, they liked to stick cocks in butts as well, but they were also badasses who created concepts like democracy, where did things go wrong?

I'm going to go down to Cape Canaveral and ask them to pitch me into the fucking sun.

View attachment 1165295

(Link)

This is a kid's book.

When I flipped through it, I saw- I fuck you not- a lesson on how "interruption" is a tool kids can use when they hear adults being "racist". ETA: As in, if you hear your teacher saying something like "I don't see color" during class, this book is telling kids (ENCOURAGING THEM) that it is 100% acceptable to yell "THAT'S RACIST!"

This is attempted brainwashing at its finest.

(I say "attempted" because let's be real, the odds of anyone buying this for their kid is slimmer than slim.)
How is "I don't see color" a racist statement and not the opposite? Just stop and think carefully about that.

We're in WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH territory with these shitheads, because in addition to thinking "I don't see color" is a racist statement, they call themselves anti-racist but are anything but, they are just as racist as any Klansmen, they just come at it at a different angle, but they still judge people based on their race.

Tags
None