Social Justice Lit -

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Jesse Singal, who has been writing about the cancel culture that is plaguing the YA community, hosts a podcast that recently covered this book, the popularity of which is pretty alarming. In the discussion, Singal and his cohost wonder who the audience for this book is since it’s most likely being purchased by white progressives who never stop thinking about race, so it’s not like it’s going to convert a white supremacist. And the author seems to be under the impression that if people are openly critical of her work, that’s just evidence that it works, which is a logical fallacy if there ever was one.
White Fragility is the biggest piece of bait to come out of academia in the current era. "White people ever getting upset about the way they're treated or talked about or talked to is white fragility. White people are all a bunch of pussies and any problems they have are invalid. Oh, you're arguing with me whitey? U mad? Thanks for proving my point. TROLOLOL." It's literally just a racist Kafka trap.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
White Fragility is the biggest piece of bait to come out of academia in the current era. "White people ever getting upset about the way they're treated or talked about or talked to is white fragility. White people are all a bunch of pussies and any problems they have are invalid. Oh, you're arguing with me whitey? U mad? Thanks for proving my point. TROLOLOL." It's literally just a racist Kafka trap.
And I’m willing to bet most of the people who bought it probably didn’t know that the author is white.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1250341
View attachment 1250343
Y'know, something I've been thinking about; why is it that these so-called "feminist retellings" have the female characters being abused, mistreated, being portrayed as weak or lesser than men... Just, generally treat them so much worse than they were in the original? Much worse than how real women are treated in first world countries? How is that "feminist" in any way, shape, or form?
It makes me wonder what they'd think of the original TLM story which had strong religious themes. Where the mermaid wanted to earn a soul as well as get the guy. Not to mention the ending is a bit up in air since she may or may not have earned the happy afterlife she wanted.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
That fact that such pure fucking garbage got published in the first place is very worrying.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
"Black queer American Muslim activist." C-c-c-combo! I'm sure all she had to do was flash that identity and the woke companies were all clamoring to hire her. It's even the first thing on her bio. Really making it clear. Hey Blair, why don't you try your queer Muslim activist schtick in the Middle East or North Africa? Surely those wonderful non-white supremacist places will welcome you with open arms.

Christina Dalcher is the author of Vox. Riding off dat sweet sweet "THE HANDMAID'S TALE IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!" alarmism, the book's plot centers around a dystopian future where women are only allowed to speak 100 words a day.
Socjus book and show plots are turning into Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider/Jim Carrey movie plots, with all the jokes surgically removed with a rusty scalpel and replaced with miserable, self-aggrandizing lectures.

Tags
None