Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
How could someone hate The Departed?

How could someone write a TDS-fueled novella on how much they hate Bone Tomahawk? It was shit, but you only need 3 words to handle that review: it was shit.
What’s funny is that The Departed is a remake of a Chinese movie, but somehow the terminally woke think it’s “white bullshit”. For fuck’s sake, they have their pathetic “cultural appropriation” argument right in front of their noses.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
These woke food critics remind me of Rocky's racist brother Paulie: "Weekly specials? It's Italian food cooked by a buncha Mexicans; what's so special about that?"
Believe it or not I've said the same thing to a friend at a pizza place before. I don't remember how the conversation started out but I commented on the pizza restaurant not having any Italians working here! Well, they sure did make a delicious pizza. I guess you can say I ate my own words.

Capsaicin Addict

Just a fellow who loves spicy food.
kiwifarms.net

sonicisgayformyass

kiwifarms.net
Why is "cultural appropriation" frowned upon by so many people wearing western clothing?
It's because they've taken up extremely warped collectivist views. They don't see individuals, instead they have the idea that everyone is acting on behalf of their group/ culture. When "white people" culturally appropriate something they see it as mockery, and without consent from the other culture it's racist. The problem is culture is a broad group of people. Even if most asians don't care some white guy is starting an asian themed resturant, they will find someone of the culture to complain.

You will probably never find a single white guy complaining about other cultures wearing western clothing. Therefore it's okay to culturally appropriate.

I know this logic may not make sense, but it's how these people see the world. They'd call their thinking "nuanced". Most people would call it uneducated.

the logic is that since western culture has been exported through colonialism, capitalism, and "american imperialism" it has become a global culture. Therefore it doesn't belong to any culture and is okay to appropriate. This is just a super simplified version of their thoughts. You've to keep in mind these people also subscribe to the racism is power plus prejudice theory. Therefore, even if they appropriated western culture as mockery it's still okay.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know this logic may not make sense, but it's how these people see the world. They'd call their thinking "nuanced".
SJWs are the most non-nuanced people imaginable. They judge people solely and absolutely by skin color and consider everyone either white or "people of color" and all people of color are exactly the same and are only allowed to have opinions dictated to them by SJWs.

They're as bad as any other kind of fundie, and actually worse than many kinds of fundie.

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
Gordy ain't having that shit
The funniest thing is that Gordon's probably way more tolerant than any of the fucks mad at him. The guy goes around the world to learn cuisine and culture and shows such proper respect to the craft of each.

Of course he dare commit the cardinal sin of wanting to share the food of those cultures. Tsk, tsk.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
The funniest thing is that Gordon's probably way more tolerant than any of the fucks mad at him. The guy goes around the world to learn cuisine and culture and shows such proper respect to the craft of each.

Of course he dare commit the cardinal sin of wanting to share the food of those cultures. Tsk, tsk.
I remember he specifically went out to some southeast asian country (I think it was Thailand so that's what I'm gonna refer to it as) to try to learn how to make his food as authentic to real Thai food as possible. He prepared a dish for a famous Thai chef, and the guy took a few bites and was like "No offense dude, but this is shit." Gordon took the criticism like a champ and then took notes from the chef, who after tearing into him taught him how to properly make a bunch of Thai dishes.

Gordon's a really cool guy who learns from authentic chefs of whatever culture he's trying to learn from and tries to be as close to the original culture as possible, and I have a lot of respect for him as a chef for that. I don't get how anyone in the food world that's worth their salt could call him racist.

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
Gordon's a really cool guy who learns from authentic chefs of whatever culture he's trying to learn from and tries to be as close to the original culture as possible, and I have a lot of respect for him as a chef for that. I don't get how anyone in the food world that's worth their salt could call him racist.
People who aren't chefs obviously don't care.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
They wouldn't. Anyone who talks such nonsense can be dismissed as completely worthless and their opinions on every other subject ignored too.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I want to see these lazy, entitled little fucks go head to head with Ramsay. God, the idea gives me an erection.

Excuse me, I gotta watch some Gordon Ramsay supercuts from his shows :)
Cue Vice, Buzzfeed, Huffpo, etc. coming out with opinion pieces on how Gordon Ramsay shouldn't have any shows because they're depicting an angry white man in a positive light when it's actually triggering and traumatic.

Actually I do hope they go after him, he's gone to more non white countries and learned more from the people there than all of them combined.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino