Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
The funniest thing is that Gordon's probably way more tolerant than any of the fucks mad at him. The guy goes around the world to learn cuisine and culture and shows such proper respect to the craft of each.

Of course he dare commit the cardinal sin of wanting to share the food of those cultures. Tsk, tsk.
I remember he specifically went out to some southeast asian country (I think it was Thailand so that's what I'm gonna refer to it as) to try to learn how to make his food as authentic to real Thai food as possible. He prepared a dish for a famous Thai chef, and the guy took a few bites and was like "No offense dude, but this is shit." Gordon took the criticism like a champ and then took notes from the chef, who after tearing into him taught him how to properly make a bunch of Thai dishes.

Gordon's a really cool guy who learns from authentic chefs of whatever culture he's trying to learn from and tries to be as close to the original culture as possible, and I have a lot of respect for him as a chef for that. I don't get how anyone in the food world that's worth their salt could call him racist.

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
Gordon's a really cool guy who learns from authentic chefs of whatever culture he's trying to learn from and tries to be as close to the original culture as possible, and I have a lot of respect for him as a chef for that. I don't get how anyone in the food world that's worth their salt could call him racist.
People who aren't chefs obviously don't care.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
They wouldn't. Anyone who talks such nonsense can be dismissed as completely worthless and their opinions on every other subject ignored too.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
I want to see these lazy, entitled little fucks go head to head with Ramsay. God, the idea gives me an erection.

Excuse me, I gotta watch some Gordon Ramsay supercuts from his shows :)
Cue Vice, Buzzfeed, Huffpo, etc. coming out with opinion pieces on how Gordon Ramsay shouldn't have any shows because they're depicting an angry white man in a positive light when it's actually triggering and traumatic.

Actually I do hope they go after him, he's gone to more non white countries and learned more from the people there than all of them combined.

scathefire

🔥 🐱 🔥
kiwifarms.net
If she was really committed to being gross she could have done the unhygienic public bathroom trope of bleeding in the toilet bowl and then not flushing.

She’s really half-assing her fight against the gender binary, huh?

Hux

kiwifarms.net
Funny how the "privileged" people are the ones standing up for the minimum-wage workers in that exchange. Ericka's rationale for dismissing this appears to be "I don't care about grunt workers, so of course they don't either."
And these people still have it in their heads that they're the brave, plucky proletariat revolting and fighting the good fight against the patriarchal bourgeoisie.

These people need to stop reading up about the Russian Revolution and start reading up on the Khmer Rouge, then maybe they'll finally realize exactly where they'll stand once Cletus, Jose and Tyrone decide to rise up and decide that anyone with possession of glasses needs to be flayed alive

All the irony in wearing lensless glasses frames sure as hell ain't going to save them then

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
CNN recently posted an article on the "controversy" quoting Angela Hui heavily as their main source.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/gordon-ramsey-asian-restaurant-cultural-appropriation-intl-scli/index.html

(CNN) — Gordon Ramsay's newest London restaurant has become embroiled in a row over alleged cultural appropriation after an Asian food critic accused the celebrity chef of tokenism.
Ramsey's restaurant group is preparing to launch Lucky Cat, which promotional material describes as "an authentic Asian Eating House and vibrant late-night lounge, inspired by the drinking dens of 1930s Tokyo and the Far East."
But at a preview night last week, food writer Angela Hui claimed "it was nothing if not a real life Ramsay kitchen nightmare."
Writing on Eater website, Hui said said she was "the only east Asian person in a room full of 30-40 journalists and chefs" and that the setting was "more seedy nightclub than Asian eating house."
In a series of scathing accompanying posts made to Instagram, the screengrabs of which were embedded in the review, Hui she could only "drink thru the pain that is this an "Asian' event."
In another she added, "Japanese? Chinese? It's all Asian who cares."

At the event, according to Hui, Ramsay remarked that the restaurant's head chef, Ben Orpwood was "more qualified and experienced than me in this field," and that "he's done the research, having traveled back and forth to south Asia for many months."
Critics have pointed out that the restaurant, which will replace Ramsey's Maze in the city's Mayfair area, does not appear to have any Asian chefs.
Ramsay hit back at the review in an Instagram post, saying that "despite the very positive feedback from guests" he had to call out "one offensive response from the night."
He went on to accuse Hui of being unprofessional for publishing a "slew of derogatory and offensive social media posts" in her social channels.
"It is fine to not like my food, but prejudice and insults are not welcome," said Ramsey.
He went on to accuse Hui of making offensive and disrespectful personal comments, alleging that one comment on Hui's Instagram called Orpwood's wife a "token Asian."
"Gordon Ramsay Restaurants do not discriminate based on gender, race or beliefs and we don't expect anyone else to. I may not agree with all reviews, but if someone is going to be critical, then I expect them to be professional and have some integrity."
CNN has reached out to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant group for comment.

According to Hui, dishes at the preview included a mini wagyu pastrami burger with "Asian" chilli jam and otoro fatty tuna, English asparagus and smoked ponzu emulsion and smoked duck breast with plum.
Other chefs have since weighed in on the controversy.
Entrepreneur and restaurateur George Chen tweeted: "Is the famous Chef going to curse at his white cooks in Asian or what? Every chef has a right to interpret another cuisine but the integrity and culture (read authenticity-albeit I hate that term) needs to be studied in depth and not WHITEwashed for marketing purposes!"
Chen went on to clarify that he was not saying "white chefs shouldn't cook Chinese/Asian," but "to say Authentic Asian, etc, like he knows better when he should've just stated these are his interpretations of a cuisine...which is wonderful because he certainly can cook."

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
Why are 99% of Asians who complain about cultural appropriation always born (or at least raised) in the west?
It's almost entirely 2nd-gens that do this, from any culture. It's to do with being raised in one culture by parents from another culture, meaning they feel like they have one foot in each. Some people take that as an opportunity to benefit from the mix; others use it as a chance to bitch about how much whitey is keeping them down because they don't feel as related as they think they should to the culture of their parents, and that insecurity means they lash out.

It's very, very rarely in a nuanced way - it is, like this example, 'I see no asians therefore this isn't authentic therefore I can say what I want about it because muh culture', even though it's highly likely the reviewer has only as much claim to the culture she's defending as the head chef does. But she 'looks' asian and has an asian name, so suddenly she's more of an authority on this kind of food than someone who has studied it extensively is.

There's a few lolcow threads about people who build their entire personality around being an 'aggrieved minority', who either don't know or don't care that people from the culture they complain about so easily are always more pleased that people are partaking of and enjoying their culture over bitching about appropriation - with the few exceptions usually coming from something of great spiritual or traditional value being treated as a toy.

Fat Pikachu

Is your privilege running? You better go check it!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 726628
View attachment 726629

Nope, can’t think of anyone else who has boobs.
[AC sperg]"trannies don't have tits because they're either men or have them cut off" aside,
Gracie would be a much better candidate for this "omg trans babbu" shit because Gracie is an effeminate/implied gay man in JP versions of the game and a woman in the US/EU[/AC sperg]

KookiesNKreem

Pantsu Line, Freaky Girl Coming Your Way
kiwifarms.net
CNN recently posted an article on the "controversy" quoting Angela Hui heavily as their main source.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/gordon-ramsey-asian-restaurant-cultural-appropriation-intl-scli/index.html
For fucks sake, that's not a controversy. She acted like an ass at GR's new restaurant about the races of the chefs and got called out for it.

This is gonna be another situation where Hui and her white knights/fellow racists are gonna start crusading against someone who couldn't give less of a fuck, and surprise surprise, nothing's going to change. A restaurant isn't suddenly going to fire it's executive chef (one chosen by Ramsey himself for that matter) just to hire some Asian guy to make a bunch of crybabies happy.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino