Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 759573

I swear to christ, these people keep getting dumber and dumber. Telling women to not risk FAS is not "policing their bodies".

Fuck directly off, you demented harridan.
We expect pregnant women to refrain from alcohol precisely because we see them as "whole human beings", capable of rationality and discipline, and not mindless "baby incubators" at the mercy of every yen and cravings.

Koby_Fish

The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We expect pregnant women to refrain from alcohol precisely because we see them as "whole human beings", capable of rationality and discipline, and not mindless "baby incubators" at the mercy of every yen and cravings.
Not only that, but Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is one of the syndromes that is incredibly likely to lead to impulsiveness in the child (and later adult), the kind of impulsiveness that can't be cured, is VERY difficult to manage, and thus can lead to criminal behavior and the revolving door of the Criminal Justice System, because the more severe cases are literally too stupid to comprehend the concept of Someone Else's Property Do Not Steal, and their brains are so impaired they become violent at inappropriate times. This is some serious shit we're talking about here, and body-positive, third wave intersectional feminists are whining about "policing womens' bodies" regarding demon rum and whatnot, when they fail to realize if the women don't police their own bodies when it comes to drinking and pregnancy, then society is going to be policing their kids, and no amount of "Johnny is a Good Boy, he dindu nuffin" is going to help.

It's like these idiots can't comprehend that they're contributing (either directly, or indirectly by counselling pregnant women to drink as much as they want during pregnancy) to the overburdened justice system.

But then again maybe they're doing it on purpose. Who knows, clown world has made everything possible now.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
You need to drink a fair bit to risk full on FAS. FASD however (it’s on a spectrum) less so and there’s no safe lower limit. Many impacts are extremely subtle.
I had it in mind that 3-5% of births are affected by alcohol but I went looking for a citation and it actually appears to be much higher. This research suggests that in the UK 79% of pregnancies are exposed to alcohol and 17% are affected. http://archive.li/rEWLs I have to say that’s a startlingly high figure.

The issue of where to draw the line for public health can’t be zero - orange juice and yoghurt can easily hit 0.5% alcohol which is what many beers classed as alcohol free are. Clearly there’s a big problem with drinking and pregnancy- the issue with limits is that people see them as targets and people are notoriously bad at measuring units themselves. Almost everyone I knew drank while they were pregnant and seemed to take it as a personal slight that I didn’t.

Abortion should remain a right. It’s my body and I retain autonomy over it and the state doesn’t tell me what I can do with it. It’s a contradiction maybe but I don’t like the idea of pregnant women being charged for what they eat or drink even though I was really careful with all of that. It’s dumb to drink when you’re knocked up but that level of state interference, compelled continuation with pregnancy etc? Nope, just a bit nightmarish.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Abortion should remain a right. It’s my body and I retain autonomy over it and the state doesn’t tell me what I can do with it. It’s a contradiction maybe but I don’t like the idea of pregnant women being charged for what they eat or drink even though I was really careful with all of that. It’s dumb to drink when you’re knocked up but that level of state interference, compelled continuation with pregnancy etc? Nope, just a bit nightmarish.
It's also completely unviable on a practical level, moral conundrums aside the entire thing would turn into a total shit show on a day-to-day level. Back alley abortions surge, increased strain on an already overworked system on pretty much every level, probable increase in crime rate as an entire generation of unwanted people grows up.

Back on subject Shirely Manson posted about how this was an attack on women.
to which this little Gem was waiting in the comments.

Why did you post the most un-gendered post about impregnable people you could probably find, only to re-center this on [cis] women like trans impregnable people don't matter at all.

Please ask yourself that.
People rightly called this out as an irrelevant tangent and the author went into full reeee mode, naturally some faggot stumbled out to white knight

, good allies want to improve.

If I say something not quite good enough whenever I'm trying to act as an ally, for example, to POC, I hope they feel safe enough to tell me, and I try to listen. That said, this hasn't always been the case, and I feel I have so much to learn. I've always felt strongly against racism and I've always had the best intention, but it took me a while to start checking my privilege and question whether my actions reflected my intentions.

Nobody is perfect. We are all raised in a toxic society, that teaches us that some people are inherently worth less than others from the moment we are born.

No is safe from internalising discriminatory prejudices.
We are all fighting to deconstruct internalised sexism, racism, transphobia, queerphobia, ableism, etc

We all need to help one another, and listen to one another if we want any chance of success.

We need kindness, empathy, compassion, and strength.
A a 'Good ally' we have to constantly talk about trans rights even when giving emotive responses to a total shitshow, if we're not saying things in exactly the right way then we've already lost...even though we're currently losing because we're squabbling about semantics.

Last edited:

Beluga

Your friendly neighbourhood beluga
kiwifarms.net
Before joining the farms I'd never heard of FAS, I think because mainly in my country there's a healthy drinking culture. One or two glasses of wine while you're pregnant is not a problem and not uncommon here. I think it's a very British/American cultural fixation. Of course women here know that you can't drink yourself into oblivion, but that's the case at any stage of your life.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
As I've mentioned previously, I don't have any objection to abortion being available, with some fairly logical caveats -

- ~20 to 22 weeks is the lower threshold of fetal viability, and should be considered a hard limit, because if a decision can't be made in 5 months, there's something else happening,
- Victims of rape (statutory or otherwise), incest, and women still pursuing an education should have some amount of subsidy. I include that last group because women that leave college for a pregnancy have something like a 2& likelihood of returning, best I can find stats for.
- Everything else is up to the people responsible, so I have no interest in subsidizing abortion via taxation for any dumb fuck that can't keep people out of their pants.

I'd rather see my taxes go to better sex ed, and some subsidy of various forms of birth control/contraceptives.

Otterly

Primark Primarch
kiwifarms.net
~20 to 22 weeks is the lower threshold of fetal viability, and should be considered a hard limit,
No slap fight, but just to put some medical context in - The anatomy scans that pick up many serious later defects are done at 20 weeks. Downs etc is usually picked up in the 13 week screening. We are starting to have more widespread genetic testing (NIPT) now but that’s not feasible until 10-11 weeks as you need foetal DNA to reach a certain concentration in the maternal blood.
So the twenty week scan picks up a lot of the serious, incompatible with life stuff. You can’t do it much earlier because you need to be able to see certain structures at certain sizes. Many scans done at 18-19 weeks need to be redone so you can get a better look.
The people who have abortions at this point are not in general the ‘Ive changed my mind’ ones - usually abortion at this point is because of really serious issues that would not get picked up before that.

You need a bit of a buffer to investigate (second scan, other physical and possible genetic tests) and counsel the couple involved. Almost nobody (I’ve never seen it, let’s put it that way) at this point wants an abortion - these are people who really want the baby and are devastated by bad news. At that point you usually need to actually go through labour as well - it’s a really unpleasant thing to go through, no one is doing it lightly.

So 20-22 is a spot too early - 24 as in the uk is more sensible medically. But we are talking a couple of percent of abortions are done then or after anyway. Most are much earlier

Vorhtbame

Dame Pumpernickel the Crusty
kiwifarms.net
Why you should care about abortion:

Because the slippery slope has already slipped, and now it's open season on post-birth babies in the name of the mother's rights/convenience and the "greater good", just as predicted. If they would do this to babies that absolutely no one denies are human, they would do it to you for the greater good.

But you're not going to listen because you're proud of how enlightened and moderate you are, as usual. There's no slope, we just magically landed here for no reason, who could have seen this coming, oh my.

Anyway, I'm here to laugh, and you're not quite funny enough yet.

Always beware the person who insists that all love is lustful. At least, don't drink with them.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino