Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On immigration.

View attachment 1154032

Titania isn't real (even if she is to me), but Caroline Voaden is.

Whether or not you agree with the topic at hand, It's astounding how a joke account can only emulate the genuine, unwitting racism of a person who argues for immigration as a resource for lowly servants doing menial tasks.
Modern day slavery

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
To borrow from another thread, this is what a lot of female characters in video games look like now.

This is exactly what I was afraid was going to happen in the early days of Anita Sarkeesian and Tropes Vs Women, one of the first games that really got pushback over it's female characters was Dragon's Crown which really did have some pretty over the top designs, you could perhaps see circa 2013 people's dislike of it as being reasonable, but that's now evolved into the ResetERA mentality of people getting pissed off over the smallest amount of sexual content in games.

I knew it was going to be give an inch and they'll take a mile and it wouldn't stop at only the most over the top female characters and flagrant sexuality and I was exactly right.

Now the irony is is right smack dab in the middle of this era of ugly female character designs was the debut of one of the sexiest game girls ever, 2B from Nier Automata, who has a huge female fan following because thankfully not all female gamers are so insecure as to feel threatened by a sexy character design and proving that ResetERA doesn't have to be your audience and doesn't represent all gamers.

I think the reason left leaning people, even somewhat moderate ones, can't see the unfairness of the situation is because fundamentally they think that if a woman says something, a man's place is to simply agree with her no questions asked, no matter what, a woman simply can't be in the wrong and a man in the right, it just does not compute in their worldview, it's the same deal with white versus non-white.

I've argued with somewhat moderate liberals online about the state of gaming and comics and other nerdy interests and no matter what I said it literally all boiled down to the fact that the changes have been spearheaded by "women and minorities" therefore it's ok, nobody can complain about it, the final quality of a product doesn't matter depending on who made it, that's literally all there is to it, they refused to believe that people were upset about the work these creators were putting out and not just upset over their identity.

It boils down to white man = bad, woman and minority = good.

A black woman could hold up 4 fingers and ask a white guy to tell her it's 5 fingers and if he doesn't agree he's in the wrong, that's all there is to it.

And once people figured out that mentality existed of "I can do no wrong if I'm the right color or gender" they damn sure chose to exploit it, exploit it, exploit it at every opportunity.
To be fair, however, I would have to point out that some of the people on your list of "ugly video game characters" are just voice actors who are motion captured and happen to be ugly as opposed to a concerted effort to make those characters seem less attractive. I'm not 100% certain, but I think 4 of those people you pictured are in fact the same person - specifically Debra Wilson from "Mad TV" fame. There has been a major push for motion capturing voice actors (to increase immersion) so you're going to start recognizing faces sooner or later.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
And it's still misogynistic. Just a different kind of misogynistic. You think the average woman is ugly as sin? Good for you, but most normal people don't hate women as much as you.
It's ironic misogyny stemming from misandry.

But there's something actually deep there when you analyze it, people don't actually hate others, they hate their own inadequacies and they project their own inadequacies onto others.

So all these ugly characters is a reflection of how feminists feel about themselves.

There was no "cult of ugly" before now? What with Basil Wolverton and Klasky-Csupo and all the detailed gross closeups in cartoons?
I remember one reason why anime blew my mind so much was because the female characters in them were so much more attractive than the majority of female characters I had seen in western cartoons of the 90s.

I mean I liked Klasky-Csupo's stuff a lot, but anime was still refreshing.

I'm sure it's also in the Gail Simon thread, but bitch has apparently completely flipped her fucking wig, and had a public twitter meltdown -
View attachment 1153799
View attachment 1153802
View attachment 1153803
View attachment 1153804
View attachment 1153812
View attachment 1153813
View attachment 1153815
View attachment 1153816
I'm not posting all the images, and I cropped past some of the images she put in, but all the tweets are included. Basically, she appears to have snapped because BoP is a trash movie, but it actually doesn't resemble her comics storyline all that much, so she hates what was made, but she's expected to defend it, and instead she lost her shit and started a meltdown thread attacking strawmen of the people she thinks are slagging the movie, and whose money would have made it a success.
What a fucking freak.

To be fair, however, I would have to point out that some of the people on your list of "ugly video game characters" are just voice actors who are motion captured and happen to be ugly as opposed to a concerted effort to make those characters seem less attractive. I'm not 100% certain, but I think 4 of those people you pictured are in fact the same person - specifically Debra Wilson from "Mad TV" fame. There has been a major push for motion capturing voice actors (to increase immersion) so you're going to start recognizing faces sooner or later.
Yes, but why cast these ugly voice actors to begin with if you're going to scan their faces?

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I get what you mean, but that's not something the people who actually make the art are doing.
Well, there are a few. Erica Henderson who draws Squirrel Girl comes to mind.

I'm sure it's also in the Gail Simon thread
Gail Simone doesn't have her own thread. The closest you'd get would be the Comicsgate thread, and it's been posted there, but that thread's mostly about Richard Meyer, EVS and a bunch of Comicsgate speds now.

Matthew216

kiwifarms.net
How exactly would giving land back suddenly make homelessness, anti LGBT laws and climate change magically go away? Come to think of it, what makes them think the indigenous people won’t fuck up the land once they get it back?
This person has such a native fetish I swear.
You're answering your own question there. Magic.
These people genuinely think these things can be stopped by some sort of weird "cosmic balance" thing. It's a sort of strange result of hating religion (actually just hating Christianity), but still desiring its trappings. Too much Harry Potter, and "respect" for spiritualism without actually understanding any of it.

Look at the "witches" who cast their curse on Brett Kavanaugh as an example.

Trust me, if all the people they claim to hate just vanished one day then to their minds, Homelessness, anti-LGBT laws and climate change WOULD disappear, because they would no longer be useful to the current cause, and could be ignored. They would come back of course, once these brave rebels start turning on each other over the fact that they no longer have a common enemy (and they NEED a common enemy, or there entire self-image will fall apart.)

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Yes, but why cast these ugly voice actors to begin with if you're going to scan their faces?
One part is immersion - when the voice and face match, it "feels" realer. Not to mention that if you are shooting for any kind of realism in a game, having characters who are unattractive adds to that realism (as there are unattractive people in the world).

Another part is cost - using the Debra Wilson example - she's mostly famous for "Mad TV" - she probably didn't cost all that much and has a very specific "kind of crazy" look about her. If they wanted to use someone else (like Kit Harrington, who they've used previously) more attractive, it likely would have cost them more money. Considering her part in that game (a single 3 minute scene) it likely wasn't worth it.

Ogg66

kiwifarms.net
You're answering your own question there. Magic.
These people genuinely think these things can be stopped by some sort of weird "cosmic balance" thing. It's a sort of strange result of hating religion (actually just hating Christianity), but still desiring its trappings. Too much Harry Potter, and "respect" for spiritualism without actually understanding any of it.

Look at the "witches" who cast their curse on Brett Kavanaugh as an example.

Trust me, if all the people they claim to hate just vanished one day then to their minds, Homelessness, anti-LGBT laws and climate change WOULD disappear, because they would no longer be useful to the current cause, and could be ignored. They would come back of course, once these brave rebels start turning on each other over the fact that they no longer have a common enemy (and they NEED a common enemy, or there entire self-image will fall apart.)
I think you are right, when I was of the left years ago the talk was of empowering people, stopping suffering and fair wages for all. Now its we hate the rich we hate the white men (don't you know that homeless bum is super privileged) and so on. It is not (Labour) a moderate left movement to raise people up through education etc but a group of tossers who are driven by envy and hate of out groups, hell they are now throwing women under the bus for the altar of troon rights. Long ago I said fuck them, now well the vote goes for the Tories they don't pander to those who just want to take and put nothing back. The left has become the shouting ground of bitter losers who failed at life and are resentful of those who put the effort in and make something of their one chance at life.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
One part is immersion - when the voice and face match, it "feels" realer. Not to mention that if you are shooting for any kind of realism in a game, having characters who are unattractive adds to that realism (as there are unattractive people in the world).

Another part is cost - using the Debra Wilson example - she's mostly famous for "Mad TV" - she probably didn't cost all that much and has a very specific "kind of crazy" look about her. If they wanted to use someone else (like Kit Harrington, who they've used previously) more attractive, it likely would have cost them more money. Considering her part in that game (a single 3 minute scene) it likely wasn't worth it.
What's that military saying? Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action?

A few ugly characters would be fine because of realism, but making almost every female character in a western developed game ugly now or at least unattractive is a twisted form of virtue signaling.

The fat girl with the blue hair types DESPISE beautiful women because they are jealous and they don't want to see any of them in their media, plus they know it pisses your average male gamer off.

Positron

Corvid-19 Codename: Jackdaw
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
41BNebu3dNL.jpg

From Amazon (underlines mine):

This book assembles ten scholarly examinations of the politics of representation in the groundbreaking animated children’s television series Steven Universe. These analyses address a range of representational sites and subjects, including queerness, race, fandom, colonialism, and the environment, and provide an accessible foundation for further scholarship. The introduction contextualizes Steven Universe in the children’s science-fiction and anime traditions and discusses the series’ crucial mechanic of fusion. Subsequent chapters probe the fandom’s expressions of queer identity, approach the series’ queer force through the political potential of the animated body, consider the unequal privilege of different female characters, and trace the influence of anime director Kunihiko Ikuhara. Further chapters argue that Ronaldo allows satire of multiple media forms, focus on Onion as a surrealist trickster, and contemplate cross-species hybridity and consent. The final chapters concentrate on background art in connection with ecological and geological narratives, adopt a decolonial perspective on the Gems’ legacy, and interrogate how the tension between personal and cultural narratives constantly recreates memory.

Last edited:

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1155935

This book assembles ten scholarly examinations of the politics of representation in the groundbreaking animated children’s television series Steven Universe. These analyses address a range of representational sites and subjects, including queerness, race, fandom, colonialism, and the environment, and provide an accessible foundation for further scholarship. The introduction contextualizes Steven Universe in the children’s science-fiction and anime traditions and discusses the series’ crucial mechanic of fusion. Subsequent chapters probe the fandom’s expressions of queer identity, approach the series’ queer force through the political potential of the animated body, consider the unequal privilege of different female characters, and trace the influence of anime director Kunihiko Ikuhara. Further chapters argue that Ronaldo allows satire of multiple media forms, focus on Onion as a surrealist trickster, and contemplate cross-species hybridity and consent. The final chapters concentrate on background art in connection with ecological and geological narratives, adopt a decolonial perspective on the Gems’ legacy, and interrogate how the tension between personal and cultural narratives constantly recreates memory.
Publish or perish, in the modern age.

I'm hoping these are some pointless undergraduate theses.

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1155935

So basically, someone is gathering up their tumblr analysis posts (read: clapping about how woke it is) of an overrated CN show and is publishing it for money?
The 20s are off to a fucking weird start.