Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

lonesome

bad kinds of heebie-jeebies
kiwifarms.net
Mark Rosewater, the lead designer of the popular trading card game Magic: The Gathering and all-around cool guy, has a blog he uses to interact with the fan base. Sharing hints about upcoming developments, sharing trivia about development processes, talking about the reasoning behind some design decisions, all this fun stuff.

Unfortunately, this blog is on Tumblr.

So one fine day, someone compiled some stats about gender ratios among Planeswalkers (planeswalkers being to MtG as superheroes are to Marvel comics). Mark Rosewater pointed out that Karn, who is a golem, is usually called a "he" but isn't actually male, being a magically animated chunk of silver. He later amended the post to clarify that he was talking about gender identity, which Karn also doesn't bother with (not being a human), but of course that's never good enough. Nevermind the fact that we have the distinction specifically to talk about this sort of thing, and that Karn is literally sexless, this can be misinterpreted as transphobia if you squint just right! Tumblr to the rescue!
Nope. Genitals are not the prime and most important part of what ones sex is. They might be the most usual way to determine one’s sex, but it’s not the most reliable one. Because just like gender, sex is also a social construct.
genitals don’t determine gender! also, calling them “boy or girl parts?” really maro? kinda shaking my head here
Still not cool MaRo. Genitals don’t define “biologically female or male”. It’s only a very small piece of the puzzle. There are plenty females with penises and males with vaginas.
I really hate that people keep saying this. Yes, he IS gendered. He is gendered Male. Also there is no such thing as “boy or girl parts.” Uuuugh.

lonesome

bad kinds of heebie-jeebies
kiwifarms.net
While I'm on the topic of Magic: The Gathering, here's another nice example of how you literally can't win against SJW logic. No representation of your culture? Erasion. Representation of your culture? Appropriation. Funny thing is, Wizards of the Coast actually has been fairly progressive as far as these things go. Aiming for a 50/50 gender split among major characters, making sure not all protagonists are white and everything.

There are no girl and boy parts? What. These people are just crazy and when I read their shit I can feel my sanity eroding too.
Yeah, this seems to be becoming a thing on Tumblr. "Gender is a social construct" has become too accepted, I guess, so they've moved on to "sex is a social construct". I mean, sure, sex isn't a 100% clear thing either, there's some truth to that. But, as always, SJWs take a somewhat sensible opinion and then take it so far over the top that it ends up bordering on self-parody.

Silver

(not actually volcel)
kiwifarms.net
The argument about "there are no boy and girl parts" is, as far as I can tell, an extension of the difference between terms used to refer to sex and terms used to refer to gender. From what I picked up in my time on tumblr, "male" and "female" are words that refer to the sex of someone, whereas "man" and "woman" (and boy, girl, lady, etc.) are words that refer to a gender. So you might say "I am a boy, I am a female" if you had a vagina but were transgender and identified as a girl. Thus saying "there are no boy and girl parts" is technically correct from that point of view; a boy can have female or male parts, and a girl can have female or male parts. But then again, I'm not sure how widespread these types of distinctions are, even among the SJW and SJW-influenced community; it's entirely possible they're trying to argue that there aren't even any parts that distinguish sex, which is the dumbest fucking thing ever.

For the record, I'm not trying to justify the stupidity of SJWs, just explain it. I've become quite good at translating from SJWese to English.

Indigo

Court Reporter
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad there's a new thread, cuz there's sooooo much more to wank about than radfem nonsense.

So here's what grinds mah gears: there's such an obvious agenda with the racial "section" of extremist SJWs. Clearly, they want to be as hateful and racist as they can without being labeled as racists themselves, hence why they try to alter the definition of racism to suit their needs. They don't really want to fix anything or help anyone, just spit their vinegar vitriol at kids/young adults over petty shit to "empower" themselves over the Internet. It's disgusting.

This is taken to a hideous, hypocritical extreme with their "cultural appropriation" bullcrap.

Have these morons ever, ever picked up a history book in their life? Do they know what causes people from different countries to stop hating each other?

The spread and appreciation of culture.

Hell, Japan and South Korea have been finally getting somewhere in recent years due to back and forth cultural trade.

But, nah, learning the language and wearing the clothes of another culture instead of being ignorant of it/not liking it? THAT'S racist, according to the Insane Troll Logic of SJWs.

I saw just the other day a grand example of their backwards thinking: "IT'S RACIST BCUZ U HAVEN'T BEEN THROUGH THE RACIAL STRUGGLE THAT THEY HAVE!!!111"

Well, special babby, how exactly do you think racism is prevented or quelled in the minds of individuals? By the magic of your capslock?

No, it's the spread of culture.

So, what, we should let the vicious cycle continue by keeping cultures in their ethnic boxes and not letting anyone share ever?

Just admit that you're a closet Nationalist and be done with it.

The Mass Debater

Known Wolf Disrespector
kiwifarms.net
My take on the 'sex is socially constructed' thing is (s)he was trying to say that you can identify as being the opposite sex, as in you feel (gender) that you are in the wrong body. Thing is, that's what science calls gender dysphoria and is what makes someone trans. The not so surprising thing we can infer is that this SJW thinks gender means how you behave. as in they believe there are inherit differences in behaviour for men and women, which is a social construct. So in the eyes of a SJW if you are a woman who shows bravery or leadership skills, you are trans because those are male traits.

For not the first time we see a SJW shitting on over a 100 years of sociological and feminist thought. Frankly I think these people are dangerous to the left as a whole and I hate that any criticism of the movement is perceived as a covert MRA plot or met with a barrage of #NotAllSJWs. Most other leftists I talk to seem to be against these people; but there's a real willfully ignorant culture of 'the moment we doubt one of our own we've been brainwashed by capitalism/the patriarchy/whatever', so everyone just pretends the thousands of 'die cis scum/ die trans scum in the case of radfems' people are 'just a few crazies'.

Hell, I feel like an MRA typing that, all I had to do was end the paragraph with "and thats why le feminism is evil and dumb sluts should stay in le kitchen!", and it happens. You can see why opening discussion is difficult.

Last edited:

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But, nah, learning the language and wearing the clothes of another culture instead of being ignorant of it/not liking it? THAT'S racist, according to the Insane Troll Logic of SJWs.
I've seen some defend the logic of "cultural appropriation = bad" by claiming that it dehumanizes the people of the target culture, which also happens in the eyes of others who witness it.

Last edited:

Queen of Tarts

Do you think you can make me do it again?
kiwifarms.net
I have to say one thing about SJW that's probably been said a million times before.

It's one thing to support human rights. That is admirable, and it's nice to know there are people out there who won't hate you blindly based on your sexuality, your race, your gender, or your creed, and who will stand behind you instead of trying to tear you down. It's another to be a SJW, who seem to support human rights out of revenge against those who've wronged them, and who want to enhance the downtroddens rights while condemning those deemed in the majority.

No one is contesting that there are assholes out there who are bigoted and close minded, but isn't the concept of equality where EVERYONE has the same basic rights? I can only see the SJW phenomenon as either a counter culture trend or a spiteful, bitter response to prejudice. Yes, prejudice is bad, but are they really helping ANYONE with hate filled tumblrs ranting and raving against the "patriarchy" or "cis scum".

It's very frustrating being a homo and having these people supposedly on your side, but it seems that even homos are exempt now if they're male and cis gendered.

The Mass Debater

Known Wolf Disrespector
kiwifarms.net
I've seen some defend the logic of "cultural appropriation = bad" by claiming that "cultural appropriation" dehumanizes the victims, which also happens in the eyes of others who witness it.
As ridiculous as cultural appropriation is since as people have said, that's how cultures evolve and become more tolerant I do think that on a case by case basis you could criticize someone for fetishizing a group of people.

Of course, the irony there is that between their appropriation of minority groups, ignorance and caricature of the third world, and the fact that they are raging weebs, SJWs are the most guilty fucking offenders to ever live.

ToroidalBoat

Token Hispanic Wacky Delly Friend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I do think that on a case by case basis you could criticize someone for fetishizing a group of people.
There are those that claim that anyone who engages in it are doing it, and that everyone who witnesses it and doesn't oppose it do it also, IIRC.

Frankly, I don't see that IRL. Yeah, there may be (usually harmless) ignorance and/or stereotypes sometimes, but I don't think most people who engage in or witness it think of the people in the other culture as less than human from that alone.

Also, I don't think fetishism is automatically dehumanizing in the absence of deliberately reducing people to subhuman.

Last edited:

The Mass Debater

Known Wolf Disrespector
kiwifarms.net
True, but there are those that claim that anyone who engages in it are doing it, and that everyone who witnesses it and doesn't oppose it do it also.

Frankly, I don't see that IRL. Yeah, there may be (usually harmless) ignorance and/or stereotypes sometimes, but I don't think most people who engage in or witness it think of the people in the other culture as less than human from that alone.
Agreed, which is why cultural appropriation is such as stupid concept in the first place. But it's classic SJW hypocrisy that if it was applied than they are all the negative aspects of 'cultural appropriation' - stereotyping, ignorance, commodifying; while people like Avril Lavigne are guilty of none of those things.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino