Social Justice Warriors - Now With Less Feminism Sperging

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

The Curmudgeon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who needs individuality when we can all identify as queer in solidarity with each other?
Social justice in a nutshell. On a lot of things. The same movement that whines about bigotry ironically reinforces it.
32F2E890-4ADC-4A1F-8D40-7C24747479E6.png
Also, I agree with this comic.

Sometimes, it feels like culture war shit really does cause other more pressing issues to be ignored. I despise SJWs, but I would also like to see glaring structural problems resolved. If our country falls apart for other reasons, then any culture war grievances will be a moot point if we don't have a country in the first place.

DoubleD

kiwifarms.net
I'm so out of the loop. What is this?

View attachment 3277814
In another episode of dubious child education, I give you this book, My Body is Growing, written by Dagmar Geisler. Note that the book is explicitly aimed to 4–8-year-olds, and includes an uncle molesting his niece and a girl talking to her little brother about the sex she has with her boyfriend.

At least the author's other children's books are about staying safe around strangers and not letting adults touch you inappropriately. This one seems to cover some of the same topics, but of course has the other stuff too. Perhaps experienced parents might be able to tell me otherwise, but 4 seems a bit young to be learning about puberty and gender equality. After all, there's quite a big maturity difference between 4 and 8.

Soooo, I’m here to clarifyyyyy. Most of the teenagers that are having surgeryyyyyyy are getting chest surgeryyyy. Soooooooo, using surgeryyyyyy as sortof this false narratev to attack gender-affirming care as a hawwwwll is nut correct.

English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?!

Now, this I hate. It's just a way of streamlining the corporate diversity-for-its-own-sake agenda, except instead of box-ticking, now it's radar graphs.

I suppose they'll look good in team meetings where you talk about how diverse your project's cast is. But it's only going to lead to the "diverse" attributes of the characters becoming even more routine and uncreative than they already are.

MT Foxtrot

No nigger, I don't want no radio.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sometimes, it feels like culture war shit really does cause other more pressing issues to be ignored. I despise SJWs, but I would also like to see glaring structural problems resolved. If our country falls apart for other reasons, then any culture war grievances will be a moot point if we don't have a country in the first place.
They don't make for nearly as good sound bites unfortunately. Not as "Sexy".

The Curmudgeon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They don't make for nearly as good sound bites unfortunately. Not as "Sexy".
Yep and it's a crying shame too.

I've seen it mentioned before on this website and elsewhere that people could possibly be brought together if common struggles were emphasized over petty ones like racism, sexism, etc. I like to believe that could indeed be possible, but it would take a lot of work to make it happen.

Quick anecdotal story: I actually tried to discuss this with SJWs years ago who were also fellow activists. It was disheartening being told that I'm an evil racist bigot because I suggested we try to focus on things that whites and minorities have in common. These were other whites too. Self-hating white liberals who thought not focusing on our differences was bad. For instance, one of my suggestions was to look at how income inequality affects blacks and whites alike. Nope. That's racist! Why not educate people on how issues like free speech or privacy affects everyone? Nope. That's also racist! There was no winning with these assholes.

Thanks for hearing me out again. I hate to put it this way, but sometimes this thread is a little personally triggering just because it reminds me of my wasted years as a well-meaning but misguided liberal activist. It's my own fault though. Never again...

DoubleD

kiwifarms.net
Now, this I hate. It's just a way of streamlining the corporate diversity-for-its-own-sake agenda, except instead of box-ticking, now it's radar graphs.

I suppose they'll look good in team meetings where you talk about how diverse your project's cast is. But it's only going to lead to the "diverse" attributes of the characters becoming even more routine and uncreative than they already are.

Looks like the social justice crowd are rejecting this pretty decisively, which is encouraging, and giving the concept the mockery it deserves.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 13.05.29.png

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 13.05.43.png

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 13.07.01.png

https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1525182833324544000 [archive]
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1525194974031142915 [archive]

screencapture-twitter-JimSterling-status-1525194974031142915-2022-05-14-12_48_43 copy.jpgscreencapture-twitter-FanbyteMedia-status-1525182833324544000-2022-05-14-12_52_16 copy.jpgscreencapture-twitter-FanbyteMedia-status-1525182833324544000-2022-05-14-12_52_16 copy2.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out again. I hate to put it this way, but sometimes this thread is a little personally triggering just because it reminds me of my wasted years as a well-meaning but misguided liberal activist. It's my own fault though. Never again...

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're not the only one. People become SJWs with very often the best of intentions. Probably most of the time.

Cilleystring

"Taylor Swift will soon be my maid servant"
kiwifarms.net
And yet again, I'm glad I had my Blizzard account deleted.

How's about instead of looking for superficial diversity, why not just make fun, unique characters? Oh wait, that's not politically correct anymore. We're supposed to identify characters according to what they are rather than who they are. The same shitty logic SJWs apply to people in real life too. How sad that individualism and egalitarianism are taboo in today's political climate.
From that article

"a pop-up reminder that between 2017 and 2021 nearly 80% of the highest selling games in the world featured white, male protagonists"

A study that was probably done looking at race and gender only, and no other variables, and then coming to the conclusion that white male characters are the dominant (possibly only!) reason these games sold. Not only is there a ton of additional factors about these characters, there is also gameplay, graphic, storyline, marketing and many other factors that contribute to amount of games sold.

Once again, for all their talk of TRUST THE SCIENCE and THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED, woke sjws show they have zero idea what confound and extraneous variables are, and completely ignore their own confirmation bias. Literally class number 1 in any research methods or basic statistics course. Everything has to be discrimination, there's not even any other possibility in their minds.

FILTH Tourist

Failed in Life? Try Hell.
kiwifarms.net
Social justice in a nutshell. On a lot of things. The same movement that whines about bigotry ironically reinforces it.

Also, I agree with this comic.

The deeper issue is that the SJW types don't care about the same problems we do. They don't care about the misinformation board becuase they see it as nessasary, they don't mind the billions to Ukraine becuase they see it as just, they tolerate inflation and shortages because they support the policies that is causing the inflation and food shortages, and they don't or won't connect the dots between them. I know culture war shit seems dumb and petty, but at the same time a lot of these issues are tied to it. I don't see how we can get america united on these problems without pushing back progressivism and establishing a stronger voice on the National discussion, becuase right now the progressives have the upper hand on information and education.

Besides the SC decision on RvW if it officially happens is a right step in the direction of solving the bigger issues. If they roll back abortion due to how poorly the court case is handed then there is a good chance that the court will decide in favor of the citizenry when it comes to things like 1A, 2A, and (hopefully) gov privacy violations and overreach.

Cilleystring

"Taylor Swift will soon be my maid servant"
kiwifarms.net
For instance, one of my suggestions was to look at how income inequality affects blacks and whites alike. Nope. That's racist! Why not educate people on how issues like free speech or privacy affects everyone? Nope. That's also racist! There was no winning with these assholes.
I'm almost convinced that one of the primary goals of the sjw movement is to increase the wealth inequality between the rich and the poor, though most sjw foot soldiers likely do so unconsciously. For all their talk about improving the quality of life for people, you very rarely hear them address general income inequality post Occupy 2012 (though I wouldn't necessarily include these protestors in the same bubble as the current sjws). Their main uses seem to be to divide the people in order to distract them from the financial downward spiral we have been experiencing, and secure power for the liberal-corporate alliance through threats and accusations, various fear tactics, and general censorship.

They really don't seem to care about the general well being of people, only the people in power that they support and their political pawns when convenient for their current crusade. Basically they're sacrificing the general quality of life in their county/country to support the elite in exchange for a continuous supply of narcissistic dopamine hits with diminishing returns.

I tend to think this movement was co-opted rather than masterfully planned, but if it was planned it's damn impressive. Never would I have thought you could convince so many people to pull themselves and everyone else down in such a ridiculous way and succeed.

Nora Freeze

kiwifarms.net
My cousin invited me to a local protest for reproductive rights (not sure why they're protesting in a blue state with abortion protected by law), as soon as I walked into earshot I heard the speaker blaming white men for laws, and how trans people are more affected by restricting abortion access.
I don't think I even heard the speaker call women 'women,' it was "people with vaginas, trans people, and non-binary people" are most affected.

A protest for womens' rights couldn't even call women "women."

The Curmudgeon

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't be so hard on yourself, you're not the only one. People become SJWs with very often the best of intentions. Probably most of the time.
Thank you! It always bothers me though because when I look at how awful the movement is these days and how much power it has, I realize I contributed to the wrong side of history. However, at least I learned from my mistakes.

A study that was probably done looking at race and gender only, and no other variables, and then coming to the conclusion that white male characters are the dominant (possibly only!) reason these games sold. Not only is there a ton of additional factors about these characters, there is also gameplay, graphic, storyline, marketing and many other factors that contribute to amount of games sold.
Exactly. It never occurs to them that the games they resent may have done well not because of white characters, but because they happen to be good games. The point is lost to them. Same with other media. They NEVER think to make quality products, good characters, or interesting stories. They always turn to the same politically charged bullshit that no one but them likes.

Once again, for all their talk of TRUST THE SCIENCE and THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED, woke sjws show they have zero idea what confound and extraneous variables are, and completely ignore their own confirmation bias. Literally class number 1 in any research methods or basic statistics course. Everything has to be discrimination, there's not even any other possibility in their minds.
They never supported science. I've said before, and I'm sure many of you are aware, but SJWs will eagerly support superstition and religious fundamentalism if the believers aren't white and/or Christian. On the same note, and we already know this, they'll support anything their political manifestos tell them even if it's anthetical to science and progress.

I'm almost convinced that one of the primary goals of the sjw movement is to increase the wealth inequality between the rich and the poor, though most sjw foot soldiers likely do so unconsciously. For all their talk about improving the quality of life for people, you very rarely hear them address general income inequality post Occupy 2012 (though I wouldn't necessarily include these protestors in the same bubble as the current sjws). Their main uses seem to be to divide the people in order to distract them from the financial downward spiral we have been experiencing, and secure power for the liberal-corporate alliance through threats and accusations, various fear tactics, and general censorship.

They really don't seem to care about the general well being of people, only the people in power that they support and their political pawns when convenient for their current crusade. Basically they're sacrificing the general quality of life in their county/country to support the elite in exchange for a continuous supply of narcissistic dopamine hits with diminishing returns.

I tend to think this movement was co-opted rather than masterfully planned, but if it was planned it's damn impressive. Never would I have thought you could convince so many people to pull themselves and everyone else down in such a ridiculous way and succeed.
That's why I personally think all this social justice shit has a nihilistic streak to it. I know what nihilism is, but the reason I say this about social justice is the movement's eagerness to destroy so many institutions, relationships, and ideas. It leaves nothing but destruction and decay in its wake. None of the supposedly empowered groups under its banner ever genuinely improve because social justice has convinced them they're already perfect. They don't give a fuck about society overall because it's all created by the evil white man so why bother? It's awful to witness this slow-motion trainwreck.

Exactly! Nothing will EVER be good enough for these assholes! No fun allowed. No thinking allowed. You can't be yourself. You can't be equals. You can't do anything. It's a very stifling ideology.

Last edited:

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
Talk about a train wreck. It's common with the left to criticize the nuclear bombings of Japan. You also have conspiracy theorists who cry that it was done to scare the Soviets.
Sometimes I wish I had a way to send these people to a 1945 where Operation Downfall went through, and see just how they would feel about being shipped to fight on the Japanese Mainland where the government is prepared to fight to the last man rather than surrender. And I'd love to see how the Red Army taking one small portion of upper China was what was going to topple Japan without MacArthur and ANZAC backing them up.

ShortBusDriver

kiwifarms.net
Talk about a train wreck. It's common with the left to criticize the nuclear bombings of Japan. You also have conspiracy theorists who cry that it was done to scare the Soviets.
It also wasn't nearly as deadly as the fire bombing of Tokyo in 1945 but this is the result of progressive morons being 'educated' by popular media.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not conspiracy theory. Announcing to the world that you have a giant swinging nuclear dick and they don't is pure realpolitik. And if Japan had got right back in line to surrender immediately when it should have been obvious they weren't winning, that shit wouldn't have happened.

Flaming Insignias

Fodlan's Greatest Noble
kiwifarms.net
That's not conspiracy theory. Announcing to the world that you have a giant swinging nuclear dick and they don't is pure realpolitik. And if Japan had got right back in line to surrender immediately when it should have been obvious they weren't winning, that shit wouldn't have happened.
The conspiracy is more that the bombings were done to deny the Soviets the glory of single-handedly defeating Japan like how they supposedly did with Germany. (Lend-Lease? What the hell is that?) Commies refuse to admit that they did not win WWII all by themselves, and so they treat Hiroshima-Nagasaki as an act of spite against GLORIOUS MOTHER RUSSIA! rather than a tactical decision by US forces preparing for a mainland invasion.

Last edited: