• ”They themselves know of their many crimes. Don't hold back on these people they are monsters.”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

Social Justice WarriorsNow With Less Feminism Sperging

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by Alan Pardew, Aug 2, 2014.

1. But moooom, you don't understaaaaand meeee!

Basically.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    Furina

Furina Centerfold

kiwifarms.net
  2. I like it. They can't criticize me as a white man because they aren't white men. Discussion over, I'll go back to my video games and see you progressives in hell, have a nice day.

• Feels  x 9
    • Winner  x 4
    • DRINK  x 3
    • Like  x 2
    • Optimistic  x 2
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.net
  3. It started with postmodern-philosophy's complete and utter abandonment of logic. After all, logic is the alleged invention of dang dirty white males, and thus has no application among the PeeOhCees, apparently. Then the Critical Race Theory came about and started that line of reasoning that "whites can never understand black people" [and what they go through in their buzzwords like 'lived experiences']--and this works wonders on white guilt ridden libs. This is also the partial genesis of "listen-and-believe", because a number of activists get buttmad because some people don't believe when someone says something that seems incredibly ridiculous that allegedly happened to them. Of course, the reason the person doesn't believe them isn't because the incident seems HIGHLY improbable, but because the person telling the story of the incident is black (or of color of any other color--or a woman) and the person doesn't believe because the person is racist. Because OF COURSE. "Lived Experiences" is now in vogue as an authority beyond all science, basically the deification of Anecdotal Evidence, and thus is very, very anti-science.

What baffles me is while on one hand they want Whitey to Listen And Believe the Lived Experiences of PeeOhCees, they claim that Whitey cannot possibly understand said Lived Experiences. If this is so, what is the point of even listening? I don't get it. They're also denying that Whitey has an imagination, which would be hilarious if it wasn't taken so seriously by people who are increasingly gaining institutional power.

It gets worse though, as the current "anti-racist" movements of the radical left claim that PeeOhCees are dehumanized, all while using phrases like "Such-and-such is happening to Black And Brown Bodies", which is dehumanizing in the extreme (I dunno, maybe that shit's for shock value? That's the only way it makes sense to me), and the usage of the terms in question is as baffling as the insistence upon saying "Person of Color", which isn't distinguishable at all from the old moniker "Colored Person" which is now considered offensive. They're catching up to the black supremacist extremists in terms of dehumanization of non-PeeOhCees, as well. Won't be long before "white devil" gets mainstreamed.

Ah but you see, they have that shit covered. They're allowed to criticize you as a white man, because you are classed as The Oppressor™, and the Oppressor must always be criticized and fought against. Yeah, logic isn't their strong suit, but "Heads I Win, Tails You Lose" is.

• Feels Feels x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Koby_Fish

Koby_Fish The advice of the GALACTICALLY STUPID
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Pomo's obsession with "bodies" is baffling, especially pomos don't define things. What I gather is that pomo love to envisage everything as a network of power relations, each human being a nexus point where power emanates and acted upon. Pomos (especially "poststructuralists") are mistrustful of "human essences" like agency and volition -- you cannot help owning and wielding power, and you cannot find ways to avoid being subjected to power. Their use of "bodies" emphasizes the passivity of human experience, in effect consigning their subjects of interest (be they women, queers, and pee o sees) to an imagined victimhood from which they cannot escape.

Late edit: the bodily obsession (I think it is Terry Eagleton who said that a postmodern tract has more bodies than the field of Dunkirk) may also have something to do with Merleau-Ponty's concept of the Body-Subject. I loathe to bring up Merleau-Ponty: from what little I've read about him he strikes me as one of the few good guys in French philosophy, and he is definitely NOT a postmodernist. Back to the Body-Subject: this is M-P's dialectic synthesis of the Cartesian dichotomy of Mind and Body. Simply put, M-P noticed that the body has a form of sentience of its own, a form of intelligence that does not involve conscious thinking. This should be obvious to anyone who plays competitive sports: your body reacts to the move of your opponent, at the spot of the moment, seemingly without brain-work. Of course a modern neuroscientist would point out it is still brain-work, but M-P did not have PET scans and fMRI at his disposal, and at any rate it is still a mistake to equate the philosophical concept of "mind" with the biological concept of "brain". The concept of Body-Subject puts the body back on the map of philosophical enquiry, and has influenced the thinking of French academics, including, of course, pomos.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    #19264 Positron, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Positron

Positron #LearnToChoke
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. It also commits the cardinal sin of denying agency to PeeOhCees, all while they insist that stamping out superstitious practices that disadvantage women and LGBTLMNOP+ and others "denies the agency of brown women" and alleges it's only done to target Brown Men because Racism, when agency is absolutely meaningless when one has NO POWER to wield said agency to improve one's own situation--because if they did, they'd get flogged OR FUCKING MURDERED.

While I agree the whole "white savior" complex can be a problem, if the problem is true that black people are getting murdered en masse for no good reason by racist white police, and Whites are the majority of the population and thus presumably have the POWER to make that shit STOP, then god damn YES YOU NEED A WHOLE PILE OF WHITE SAVIORS or ain't nuffin gettin done about it--because I'm sorry, 13% of the population can't right a wrong without help from the majority in some way.

• Agree Agree x 11
    #19265 Koby_Fish, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. It's like the ideal was designed to appeal to exceptional folks.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. shit son, the ideal was CREATED by exceptional folks. Michel Foucault and Jacques Derrida were exceptional beyond all human comprehension.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  8. What makes an idea exceptional or appeal to exceptional people?

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. when it not only completely discards logic and all rational thought, but attempts to completely justify said irregard of logic and rationality.

Bonus points to exceptional people using a lot of big words and heavy on the obscure vocabulary but essentially saying nothing, in order to seem impressive.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Would you enjoy discussing this further if I make a thread on what makes an idea exceptional?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Go for it. Could be fun.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. This is what most bothers me about political correctness. It's common for people to blame absolutely everything bad that's happened in West Asia since 1945 on Sykes-Picot and Israel, as if the citizens of the Arab states are absolutely incapable of deciding or changing anything. It's not the fault of the Jews or colonial powers that Egypt is 25% illiterate and voted an Islamist government into office before it was swiftly overthrown by the army. It's the fault of decades of neglect of education and corruption by the country's government, and the strong reactionary influence of Islam in society.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Pointless Pedant

Pointless Pedant Disgusting Liberal
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. Well, how much of a jump is that from actual people who actually say “You can’t understand periods/pregnancy, you’re not a woman.”? I dunno, male ob/gyns seem to manage just fine...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    ChurchOfGodBear

ChurchOfGodBear He's just this guy, you know?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Technically it is a Native American saying (not Cree, though) since the earliest recording is by a Native American activist.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  15. Ok I'm officially sick to my fucking stomach with these yahoos 1509952079530.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
    #19276 Pikapool, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Pikapool

Pikapool The Pikachu with the mouth

kiwifarms.net
  16. Yeah but the whole point of calling it an "OLD Cree saying" is to give it some more legitimacy, as if the Cree of old (god knows how long ago supposedly) were some sort of visionaries or sages that could see across time and make up a saying to apply to the exact situations the Environmental Movement wants it for.

Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. He actually sort of has a point in that many Southern states used to have a lot of restrictive permit laws on buying and carrying guns to try to stop black people from being armed. Part of the civil rights movement was getting rid of these laws, which isn't mentioned often today for obvious reasons.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Pointless Pedant

Pointless Pedant Disgusting Liberal
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Oh the irony of current civil rights activists being for the very thing their predecessors fought so much against. Not just Gun Control, either. Segregation. SMH.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Koby_Fish

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. shit-my-facebook-sjw-says.png
    I can't share the video she shared (it's about some woman who makes vegan condoms), but I don't think I need to, because the post that went with it is... well:
    Wut.png
    Move over Girl Penis. People with vaginas who menstruate regardless of gender is here to replace you.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Feels Feels x 1
    TheImportantFart

TheImportantFart Prison Break Wind
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.