Social Justice Warriors -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
I figured since plenty of folks around here know about them, it wouldn't hurt to give SJWs their own thread.

For the uninitiated: social justice is the idea that people should be treated equally, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, and so forth.

A great idea, but one that has been perverted and changed into something ugly and completely unrecognizable by many a "Social Justice Warrior". These people take this otherwise benevolent concept and morph it so that social justice is about getting their own rights at the expense of the rights (or in more extreme cases, lives) of their perceived oppressors.

If one wishes to delve into the insanity of Social Justice Warriors, be prepared to have your faith in humanity tested as you're harassed and threatened for being white, male, or worse of all, cisgendered (that is, having your gender identity and physical gender sync up. 'Tis a word I had never heard of before following SJW drama and that isn't recognized by Chrome's spellcheck).

Feel free to start with this tumblr blog dedicated to SJW drama.

EDIT: Here's some common terms you'll come across when dealing with SJWs.

-Cisgender (Cis for short): Essentially, the state of having one's gender identity correlate with their physical gender (identifying as male when you have a penis, for example). To the SJW, cisgendered people are the worst of the worst, undesireables the genocide of which they would applaud. They did, after all, popularize the phrase "die cis scum".

-PoC: Short for "Person of Color", which can describe anyone who isn't Caucassian. To SJWs, they are all the master race.

-Cultural appropriation: To normal folks, this is when something originating from one culture is altered to better suit another culture. Super Sentai to Power Rangers, for example. To SJWs, this means you cannot enjoy anything that originated from another culture. Like anime? African art? Ramen noodles? Knock that shit off, that shit was appropriated from other cultures, you Western pig!

-Heteroromantic: Because SJWs hate straight folk with a passion hotter than a thousand suns, this term is used by SJWs that are, themselves, heterosexual. Much like Chris used the term "Gaybian" to call himself gay without really calling himself gay, "heteroromantic" allows SJWs to say they're straight without saying they're straight.

-Demisexual: The state of harboring romantic feelings only for those whom you have a close personal bond with, regardless of gender. Basically, an SJW-ism for "bisexual".

-Transethnic: Claiming to be of a certain ethnicity when you are clearly a different ethnicity. Most often used by white SJWs who suffer from serious white guilt and wish to disassociate with their ethnicity by claiming to be something else entirely. Popularized by one tumblr SJW, Redd, who claims to be Hispanic in spite of the fact that she's whiter than a jar of mayonnaise.

-Trigger: When an SJW is pissed off, they will claim that one is "triggering" them. This should not be confused with actual triggering, which is something that can happen in people with PTSD and have serious repercussions, more so than some person on the internet correcting your racist sexist tirades.

-Tone policing: So, you find an SJW's rantings to be racially/sexually insensitive, and you ask them to maybe tone down on the battlecries of "kill whity" and "die cis scum". Congratulations, you are "tone policing", according to the SJW. Don't you try and censor their speech, you white cis scum!

-Headmates/Multiple systems: Terms used by some SJWs who pretend to have multiple personalities. These are bullshit terms.

-Privilege: The conversational A-bomb of the SJW. When they are losing an argument, they will bring up the fact that their opponent has privilege for being white/male/straight/neurotypical/whatever, and because of that, you can't relate to their struggle, ergo, your opinion is invalid. If an SJW tells you to "check your privilege", you have won the argument.

random_pickle

kiwifarms.net
Don't mind me, I'm just going to image dump.

Niger.png

Tumblr_Trannies_Agruing_about_Logos.png

I find it ironic how for such "tolerant" people, they always have to put labels on others.

Henry Bemis

just a fragment of what man has deeded to himself
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I find it ironic that they denounce privilege, despite the fact that, as college-attending Internet users with the comparative leisure to examine the world's problems (as opposed to merely seeking sustenance) they are privileged by default.

cypocraphy

Deader than the parents on "Party Of Five"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This sums it up nicely...

(warning: a bit gruesome...but like I said, sums it up nicely)

TypicalTumblr8.jpg

WWWWolf

Has a camera, will kick butt
kiwifarms.net
Ryan Rash said:
For the uninitiated: social justice is the idea that people should be treated equally, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, and so forth.

A great idea, but one that has been perverted and changed into something ugly and completely unrecognizable by many a "Social Justice Warrior". These people take this otherwise benevolent concept and morph it so that social justice is about getting their own rights at the expense of the rights (or in more extreme cases, lives) of their perceived oppressors.

I've been following some of this madness lately, mostly because they tend to go on about LGBT rights. This is the sort of crowd that could do incredible damage to fantastically important causes by just being absolute dicks.

Fortunately, their idea of activism is tumblr reblogging. They don't know damn about social justice, so it's just fantastic that they're not really inclined to do any real warrioring either.

Henry Bemis

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
WWWWolf said:
Ryan Rash said:

I've been following some of this madness lately, mostly because they tend to go on about LGBTQAPCDEFHIJKMNRSUVWXYZ3 rights.

Fixed, you cis scum.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ryan Rash said:
I figured since plenty of folks around here know about them, it wouldn't hurt to give SJWs their own thread.

If one wishes to delve into the insanity of Social Justice Warriors, be prepared to have your faith in humanity tested as you're harassed and threatened for being white, male, or worse of all, cisgendered (that is, having your gender identity and physical gender sync up. 'Tis a word I had never heard of before following SJW drama and that isn't recognized by Chrome's spellcheck).

Feel free to start with this tumblr blog dedicated to SJW drama.
I'm gonna have a hard time finding a good read on the tumblr link since I'm not really familiar with tumblr. That said, gotta like how the SJW are hypocrites since they aren't really fighting for equality, only the rights of their own rather than all. That said, here is a story about a social justice worker, courtest of Not Always Right
http://notalwaysworking.com/a-rebel-with-too-many-causes/27078
She thinks the janitor is being oppressed despite the fact that he's content with it. She even thinks black grapes is racist because you're calling them black grapes.

Himawari

Nigga that's kawaii
kiwifarms.net
I didn't fit in at the first college I went to, largely, I think, because I'm a straight, cisgendered white girl. The women's college I originally chose for what seemed to be an open, welcoming culture, turned out to be pretty much an exclusive factory for producing misandrist social justice warriors, and I was not the sort welcomed there. Needless to say, I left after two years.

I still have some classmates from there friended on Facebook, mostly the ones who also went to the same high school as me, and I'm just too nice/cowardly to cut them off. But can I just say that the word "womyn" really GRINDS MY GEARS? And I see it used on a daily basis, too. (:_(

One of my former classmates berated me for eating at McDonald's when I made a status update about some bad service at a location in NYC. I was like, screw you I can eat McDonald's like once a month if I want.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
random_pickle said:
I don't think the drawing of a person cares about their apparent gender identity.

Also, xi? Xir? Why can't they just use "them", "they" or "their" if it's so important to get someone's gender (or lack of) correct? It sounds significantly less exceptional and it's still gender neutral.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
"his/hir/xir/eyr/aer/etc" could pass off as a really complicated RegEx. That shit's impressive. They're over-complicating basic human interactions to the point of it becoming a computer programming language.

These people need to get a fucking job.

Henry Bemis

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
MysticMisty said:
Also, xi? Xir? Why can't they just use "them", "they" or "their" if it's so important to get someone's gender (or lack of) correct? It sounds significantly less exceptional and it's still gender neutral.

They should try learning French, which has the benefit of a gender-neutral third-person singular/plural pronoun.

(Then again, that would constitute effort.)

Butta Face Lopez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're funny, I suppose, in an infuriating way. I don't judge or hate people because of how they were born, but these people think I should die because I was born a straight white dude.

My sister just graduated this weekend from Hampshire College. My high school girlfriend went there and my little brother starts next year. I've always been under the impression it is, as Michael Bluth might say, "a gradeless, structureless, new age feel-goodery." My dad said when he went to the bathroom he had to go to the room for "self identifying males."

Before my sister started her senior year, she was assigned to an apartment with some people she didn't know. They sent her an email, I'll see if I can get her to give it to me. It was just riddled with this sort of "social justice" shit about how they do this and do that and if she wants to live there she'd have to deal with it. They mentioned "loud queer sex" as one of the things she'd be expected to tolerate, even though she totally wouldn't give a shit, they just have to rub it in everyone's face how different they are.

I wanted to show up at that apartment in her place the first day, since she'd never met them. I'm 5'10", a muscular 190 pounds. I was just gonna be like "Yeah that's right, I'm Jane. Did I blow your fucking mind?"

Edit: Oh also in the email was how they regularly had animated political discussion, which, as you can probably imagine, were simply Tumblr-esque "I hate Republicans, they should all die" sorts of circle jerks.

Himawari

Nigga that's kawaii
kiwifarms.net
Butta Face Lopez said:
Hampshire College
Butta Face Lopez said:
"a gradeless, structureless, new age feel-goodery."
lol sounds about right. My mom went to Mount Holyoke and told me all sorts of wacky stuff about Hampshire.

Grabthar's Hammer

kiwifarms.net
Hoo boy. Had a similar experience in college as Himawari--fortunately though, my college was big enough that I could kinda slip through the cracks as a plain ol' Midwestern white guy and no one cared. A couple of my smaller classes (nearly all of which purported to be about something else but basically boiled down to 'Marxism 101'), though, particularly one in which the TA was a butch lesbian...I could feel her bad vibe pretty well. (Insert the warriors' claims that *I* was actually oppressing her just by being there here.)

Springblossom said:
I love that when typing 'cisgender' into google, one of the top results that comes up is 'cisgender scum'. Really helping your cause there, guys.

Out of morbid curiosity I clicked "I'm Feeling Lucky" for 'cisgender scum' and read the first hit, a list of privileges that cis folks have over trans folks. I actually didn't have a problem with the list itself--it's the idea that I should feel guilty just for being born who I am that's insane--but this one stuck out:

"16. If you are murdered (or have any crime committed against you), your gender expression will not be used as a justification for your murder (“gay panic”) nor as a reason to coddle the perpetrators."

Well if I'm murdered, I'd be dead, and thus wouldn't really give a shit at that point, now would I?

ChurchOfGodBear

He's just this guy, you know?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Butta Face Lopez said:
political discussion, which, as you can probably imagine, were simply Tumblr-esque "I hate Republicans, they should all die" sorts of circle jerks.

Oh yeah... reminds me of when I was dating a lot, and saw someone online say "I want to date someone who is really, really open-minded. Someone who would NEVER vote Republican!" Eehhhhhhmmm... If you won't vote for someone solely because of a letter next to their name, I can't find any way to consider that "open-minded".

Likewise, I had someone tell me "It's obvious you've never taken a feminist literature class, so I can't talk to you about this." EEehhhrrmmm... I thought one of the benefits of having a higher education was to enable you to exchange ideas. If you can't communicate with someone because they didn't take your precious class, then maybe your ideas don't hold up to scrutiny.

Yeah, this "social justice" shit started off as being a fantastic idea, but it's been horribly corrupted. It's morphed into this culture of victimhood, where you just have to show that people who resemble you in some way were horribly treated at some point in the past, and this gives you the unquestionable moral high ground for life. It pisses me off because it blocks off actual conversation and actual progress at getting people who think differently to live and work together. You can't talk to these people, because they presume that because of your gender, sexuality, race, or whatever, you're automatically wrong... and the fact that you don't even know this in advance makes you an asshole..

Ryan Rash

LET IT OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!
kiwifarms.net
MysticMisty said:

Because they're special snowflakes and should be respected as such, cis scum! :x

But yeah, 'tis like I said in another thread: if you use pronouns that sound like alien names, I cannot take you seriously.

EDIT: So, evidently Ahuviya is still alive and still an embarrassment to transpeople.

tumblr_mn13fzyboz1ryeto5o1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.