Social Media Indians - DESIGNATED SHITTING THREAD

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
Tech Support scams work because Indian scammers have scripts that rely on heavy use of computing jargon and tricking old people by using TREE, DIR and NETSTAT commands on the command prompt. Thats why you see Indian Tech Support scammers, instead of Indian MLM scammers, like the kind you'd see in Utah.

EDIT: The reason Indian scammer's voices are monotone is because they're reading a script, sometimes they'll fake a reaction to something, like they do in a Refund scam.
Also: Video about how Indian scam companies operate, as I feel talking about how scams work in general is off-topic.
I don't normally patreon anyone, but I think I might do it for this dude. Pretty good public service he's doing.

Dad

Shake me down.
kiwifarms.net
I'm watching Kitboga right now and every single scammer is Indian. Why is that?

I'm interested in seeing non-Indian scammers, but they seem scarce as Bigfoot.
People in poor countries in general scam. They just use different methods in different areas, like the classic African Moneygram or romance scams.

I'd imagine India specifically likes tech support scams because people there are much more likely to have the kind of computer skills needed to run these scams than they are in places like Uganda.

People in places like the US do occasionally run tech support scams, but it's more common to go for things that are shitty but not illegal like MLMs. I'd imagine that's because the law has a lot more power. It's much harder to pay off cops here than it is in poorer countries.

That's all just my guess, anyway.

Corn Sake

DURING THE WAR
kiwifarms.net
Bitch lasagna'd by Elton John

Attachments

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
People in poor countries in general scam. They just use different methods in different areas, like the classic African Moneygram or romance scams.

I'd imagine India specifically likes tech support scams because people there are much more likely to have the kind of computer skills needed to run these scams than they are in places like Uganda.

People in places like the US do occasionally run tech support scams, but it's more common to go for things that are shitty but not illegal like MLMs. I'd imagine that's because the law has a lot more power. It's much harder to pay off cops here than it is in poorer countries.

That's all just my guess, anyway.
I think that the fact that it’s in India has to do with wages. (And the fact that they speak English.)

Those tech-scammers gotta have pretty low success rates after all. If they buy 1000 numbers, many will be disconnected, most wont pick up or go to voicemail.

And out of those who do pick up, how many will go along all the way to the end? Many will get a bad feeling or give up after having spent 10-15 minutes with them on the phone.

I’d be surprised if their success rate is more than 1-2%.

So if you’re paying people by the hour for this shit, it really doesn’t make financial sense unless the hourly wage is really low. Hence India.

Btw: I remember one of those reverse scammer youtubers managed to hack into one of the scamming companies database. I believe he found some concrete figures on their success rate, etc. I’ll try to see if I can find it, if anyone is interested.

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
To show off.
There is a strong correlation between the general shittyness of a culture and the importance of showing status in the said culture. When it comes to importance of status symbols, India tops the list...
I wonder if the Victorian English level writing in some of their top publications is part of the show-off culture. "Unlike 99% of my country, I can write proper English!"

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I’d be surprised if their success rate is more than 1-2%.
I would be really surprised if it were that high, even. Probably more like 0.15%. But Pajeet works on the cheap so it's likely profitable overall.

Indian call centers do not give a shit what kind of script you give them and I'm shocked nobody has hired a BPO to call up random numbers and ask the respondent for bobs and vagenes.

• Agree
Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Jarolleon

kiwifarms.net
English is their state language and taught to everyone. And we still get this shit.
I think English as an official language makes their English worse, because if you think you're fluent in "English" there's no drive to learn the proper kind, and if anyone from the rest of the Anglosphere complains about having to decipher your dialect you can call them racist just like the loons who try to legitimize "AAVE".

Freddy Freaker

Herald of the Superior Future
kiwifarms.net
I think English as an official language makes their English worse, because if you think you're fluent in "English" there's no drive to learn the proper kind, and if anyone from the rest of the Anglosphere complains about having to decipher your dialect you can call them racist just like the loons who try to legitimize "AAVE".
Hey come on now, decolonize your mind! Heritage and culture are beautiful (unless youre white).

Besides, dey gots ta AAVE mo money fo dem programs

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino