Societal Demarcation -

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to be a fag, and thanks in advance if you read my faggotry.

I took a break my my project work with my head in it for weeks. I was completely oblivious to what was going on around me and it made me feel at odds with things I hold as core values when I saw the news. I believe that we are duty bound as a community and society to leave a better world for posterity, making sure they have the freedoms given by God as written in our constitution. I was shook. I had to objectively look at what I was truly ready to sacrifice to make sure my moral compass aligns true north.
Whats my demarcation of truly upholding these values?
What does it say about who I am if I am flexible on my core beliefs?
Can I truly respect myself knowing doing nothing is dereliction of my duty?

I felt that real true moment of powerlessness, one that I haven't had in a long time. I gave quarter to despondency and let my attitude go bad so easily. I told myself that I couldn't do anything either way, and I observe that same mindset with many other people. It's a reasonable conclusion, but I believe that mindset says I have nothing of worth fighting for. It says I hold no core belief I can't bend to fit my comfort. This shows I'm not a man of honor or integrity.

The only things I have power over is how I act, what I do, and my attitude. That the only true failure is to give up on yourself. The chinese proverb "a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step" is one I think about a lot. It's what gave me the courage to even tackle my current work. I think to the broken window theory. It's my job to have the self-worth to make sure my community doesn't deteriorate. I can't give in to personal incredulity or think someone else will fix something. I make a point to stop asking myself if I can, only if I'm willing. I have gained more from that attitude than the opposite.

So I pose this:
Where do you draw the line? And once that line has been crossed, what are you honestly willing to do to always align your moral compass true north? Last, if you choose to do nothing, what does that say about who you truly are?

Thats it for my faggotry.

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i dont understand what you are talking about
Im asking you what do you hold as core values? When something is violates those values, what are you willing to do to stand for those core values? Last, what does it say about you if you see something wrong right in front of you and do nothing?

Reactions: JosephStalin

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
When something is violates those values, what are you willing to do to stand for those core values? Last, what does it say about you if you see something wrong right in front of you and do nothing?
that entirely depends on your situation
as in, what powers do you hold? what ability to act do you have? what CAN you do, and what consequences are attached to these choices?

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
that entirely depends on your situation
as in, what powers do you hold? what ability to act do you have? what CAN you do, and what consequences are attached to these choices?
Thats the exact question, regardless of the situation or consequence, do you hold true immutable values? Regardless if you have some power. Do you have the self worth to do whats within your power to stand for your core values even in the face of a monolith?

• Winner

JosephStalin

Vozhd
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"One person with courage makes a majority". Sometimes you need to be that one person, the one who calls bullshit, speaks truth to power, or just says an inconvenient truth. And when you do that, understand others believe the same way you do, they just aren't saying anything. Or you need to be the person who says "no" and walks away.

People know the difference between right and wrong. Wrong is not right, no matter how many people or media outlets say it is. Never has been right, never will be right.

The crowd can be led like sheep. Matter of fact, a few people who know what they are doing can lead a much bigger number of the clueless.

Think for yourself. Just because a person speaks loudly doesn't mean they are right.

There's a saying, "I can't win the entire war by myself, but I can win my little part of it."

Some of the greatest accomplishments in human history, and, sadly, some of the most terrible things in human history, had their genesis in the mind of one person. So don't say one person can't do anything.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
You mention "God-given rights".

God helps those who help themselves. God may have GIVEN you those rights, but you're the one who has to KEEP them. If and when the jackboots/Stasi/insert dystopian-fantasy authoritarian-enforcers of choice here come to take them from you either at the point of gun or pen, God will not come down from the heavens and smite them.

SickNastyBastard

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
bullshit. what's considered right or wrong by any one person is entirely subjective and dependent on that persons views and upbringing.
Just sayin if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is something you believe in, better eat your wheaties bro.

Lemmingwise

✊Black in solidarity with black lives matter✊
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I liked reading the OP, but I regard it more as a mood piece, I slice of life poetry of despondency and contemplation.

The reason I regard it as purely ephemeral and feeling based is because it does not relate to anything practical. There is no situation OP shared that he is trying to resolve, and thus any responses are going to be equally ephemeral and unpractical.

As for where I draw the line is easy. I consider it duty to persue, improve and inspire virtues. That requires a continual process of self-examination, research, contemplation and communication. I have the basic duties that I must fulfill, and then the virtues that I should try to fulfill.

One of such virtues is protecting the innocent. Another is to be honest and forthright. Every virtue has its limits and sometimes one has to make way for another. And sometimes I fail. I am only human. I try not to feel bad about it too long and instead move forward and try to act better next time.

My assumption is that a true north of morality exists, but that it isn't always easy to untangle / detect. And doing nothing is a dereliction of duty. If that's your intention, better just kill yourself now.

But as said, the question is too broad, therefor the answer is too and this is barely usable.

Senior Lexmechanic

Now Senior Lexmaniac
kiwifarms.net
If you're talking about the protests or some shit, be specific about what it is, what you find immoral about it, and what you're thinking of doing about it.
TBH this reads like you're trying to vagueblog to get asspats or discuss how you want to shoot somebody/place up without saying anything that'd get you labeled as the next Couch Cuck.

Tags
None