Soda -

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here in Poland, we have this stuff, which you would call orangeade in English. It comes in three colors, and it's literally just fizzy sugar water. You could call it a poor man's Irn Bru, since it's about as trashy as that, but less unique in taste.

Also, there is a very popular version of this, which was very popular back in communist times. It's essentially a powder you mix with water, kinda like Kool-Aid in America. But kids preferred to eat it out of the packet, because it was more fun, with the fizz on your tongue and stuff. You can still get it today in various flavors.
Sounds a little like Fizzies over here. They were tablets that fizzed out a fruits flavored drink in water. Kids would dare each other to stick these in their mouths.

Autumnal Equinox

I hope you relish it as much as I
kiwifarms.net
Don't know if they still make them (been a couple of years since I've seen them on shelves) but I remember thinking those Shaq brand cream sodas were surprisingly good.

• Agree
Reactions: ricecake

Monsieur Guillotine

Performative Boomer
kiwifarms.net
I started drinking Diet Pepsi so that I could have pop and ensure that nobody would want to steal any. I acquired the taste, and although I enjoy various sodas, Diet Pepsi is my go-to. It has to be in cans though, for some reason something is lost when it's bottled.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I always felt Coke to be too sweet compared to Pepsi, even by soda standards.
What the fuck are you smoking? If anything people complain to me its the opposite because I drink Coca-Cola and everyone I have over drinks Pepsi or Mountain Dew more often. Though I do only ever buy the original red can cllassic variety or sometimes the "Mexicoke" in glass; maybe its different if you down Coke Z.ero or something, I dunno.

Last edited:

littlearmalite

Rolling Thunder, Choppers In The Air
kiwifarms.net
Barqs Red Cream Soda, Big Blue cream soda, and the Mountain Dew flavors from the first competition- not Voltage, voltage sucks ass. It was Revolution and I think Supernova. Revolution especially was the SHIT.

• Informative
Reactions: L50LasPak

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
This shit right here is the bidness. Always pick some up when I got to an Asian supermarket.

Hard to describe if you never tasted it. Kind of like root beer but less creamy/sweet.

serveimage (2).jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Mesh Gear Fox

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
When I was a shithead teenager a gentleman from the former Yugoslavia decided to stock his shop with a peculiar acidic beverage made partially with rose hips known as Cockta. (pronunced Coke-Ta). Its difficult to describe the taste properly, but its kind of like drinking milder Coca-Cola with rosewater. Literally, since rose hips were part of its ingredients.

Alas I attempted to drink it a few years ago after this man had moved away and his shop closed. Possibly the effect of having it airmailed, but I found it to be too acidic (even stronger than coke or booze). My best guess is the rose hips were just too strong (they are extremely acidic).

'Tis better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all I supposed.

L50LasPak

kiwifarms.net
Sounds a little like Fizzies over here. They were tablets that fizzed out a fruits flavored drink in water. Kids would dare each other to stick these in their mouths.
Wasn't that the actual origin of soda in the United States, or was that an urban legend? Because I can definitely see soda fountains in 1950s movies and TV shows.