Sofie Hagen / sofiehagendk / sofiehagen.komiker / Comedians Telling Stuff - Lindy West 2: Cancer Boogaloo; Obese SJW Danish "Comedian", Podcaster, & Science Denier.

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"On the contrary, DIETING has been proved TIME AND TIME again to be one of the worst things you can do to your body"

love-my-body.JPG

Name: Sofie Hagen
Born: November 10, 1988 (age 29)

She has won an award for "Best Newcomer" at the Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards in 2015, and will be releasing her first published book in spring 2019.

But we're not here to talk about that. We're here to talk about how she's a self-absorbed dumb censorship-happy cunt who's feelings are hurt by medical science and is currently flipping shit about trolls on twitter.

snog-sofie.JPG

obesity-cancer.JPG

‘What your campaign is doing is so incredibly damaging. There is no excuse for you to have this campaign up.'

‘Society viewing fatness as a negative thing is a thing that kills more than the cancer that you MIGHT get due to MAYBE something to do with you POSSIBLY weighing MORE than a CERTAIN weight POSSIBLY MAYBE.’

‘Your campaign is so damaging and fatshaming and I really hope it gets taken down.’
In the same week both @LushLtd and @CR_UK contributed to fatshaming in the UK. Thanks for making the world shittier, you filthy cunts.
https://twitter.com/sofiehagen/status/857611292068241408
http://archive.md/tceqB

Website (archives: 1, 2)
Blog (archive)
YouTube (archive)
MoH Podcast (archive)
SoundCloud (doesn't archive)
Twitter (archives: 1, 2)
Instagram (doesn't archive)
Facebook (archive)
Tumblr (archive)

Guardian Interview (archive)
Metro Article About Cancer Research Debacle (archive)
Chortle Article (archive)
Breitbart Article (archive)

Sofie is a fat unfunny "comedian" and fat activist, much in the vein of America's Lindy West. Hagen lives in the UK but is originally from Denmark. She caught my attention after I read an article about her flipping out about Cancer Research UK's ad about Obesity being linked to increased cancer risks and her demand that the ad be pulled.

Sofie is a very very angry fatty who doesn't like fat jokes or being called fat on the street:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/04/verbally-abused-weight-street-fat-people
http://archive.md/QoklS
Any centre of any city on any Friday or Saturday night has the same vibe. It’s as if there has been a fire at the prick factory and everyone has escaped. I always try to stay away. If I have a standup gig in central London, I leave immediately after the show and get back to my safe bed as soon as I possibly can. Alcohol brings out the worst in some people – and no one has ever drunkenly told me something I really needed to hear.

This happened on a recent Saturday. I had rushed out of a gig and got the tube to Kennington, south London, where I was waiting for my bus. I’d forgotten my headphones so I was hyper-aware of all the drunk people walking the streets, getting on the tube, going into the city centre to seek shelter in nightclubs where the music, fortunately, is so loud that no one can hear them speak, which means they never have to develop personalities.

I saw four young men approach. I was not surprised when they spoke – I expected it. “Oi, you fat cunt!” one of them said. “Oink oink,” said another. The rest is a blur because I focused on whatever was on my phone. It hurt, of course. As it would have hurt anyone.

Not having any idea what to do, I put it on Facebook, sharing it with my friends and followers. I just needed to do with that experience what I usually do when I do standup – take ownership of it and express myself. It felt a bit better.

I woke up the next day to see my post had been shared thousands of times. It was even in newspapers and on blogs. “Danish Comedian Sofie Hagen Says: They Shouted Abuse At Me” and “Men Shout At Danish Comedian – What Happens Next Will Shock You” and other such clickbaity headlines. People had posted such comments as, “I am really sorry that happened to you,” and “Those guys were massive pricks.”

It stopped hurting. The hurt immediately disappeared. And all I was left with was anger.

This is not a once-in-a-lifetime thing. This happens on a daily basis to hundreds of thousands of fat people everywhere. This is happening now, perhaps at this very moment, to a 14-year-old girl who has yet to realise that her body’s worth is not dependent on what the media tells her it is. It is happening to children. It will happen again. Maybe tonight when I am walking home from a gig.
This will happen online – some people will even be inclined to write it in response to this very article. People will tell me to stop promoting obesity and to just lose weight. People will tweet at me without having read the article and pretend that they are worried about my health. Some will even tell me I am making it up. Some fat people will say they have never experienced anything like that.
This will happen on TV, in movies and on the radio. As I am writing this, my fat friend told me that last week she was hit on the head with a kebab – and yes, that is a really funny sentence – I am but human, and “kebab” is a funny word and that is a funny image. It is, however, unforgivable.

It has always happened and it will continue to happen. But now it’s different. I no longer feel good when people pity or comfort me afterwards. I do not need people’s kind words. I need their fury. I need them to be angry with me. I need them to act.

I need everyone to realise the repercussions of making “fat” mean lazy, stupid, unattractive and unhealthy. Fat is not necessarily unhealthy, and skinny is not necessarily healthy. I need people to stop saying “You are not fat, you are beautiful,” as though they are mutually exclusive. I need people to feel angry – not at these four idiots at Kennington station – but at the society that created them.
I need people to demand change. Tweet companies who use fatphobia to promote their products, email TV shows portraying fat women as sexless, evil or motherly and goofy. Call out your friends, family and teachers.

If you won’t then OK. But keep your pity to yourself. I am a healthy, beautiful, intelligent, active and creative fat woman. I’m doing what I love for a living. I have friends and family who love me. I am good. I am no longer sad. I am just angry, and I wish you were too.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/15/giving-up-january-diets-naked-mirror-body
http://archive.md/I4txu
Dieting is so boring. The last time someone told me about their diet, I smiled as I was slowly walking backwards till I could barely see their pouty little face any more. I am not listening to it any more. It is triggering to people with eating disorders, it is a dreadful type of conformity and it is neither feminist – nor healthy. What you are telling me, when you tell me you are on a diet, is: I am trying to look less like you. I am buying into society’s notion that I should be smaller in order to have more worth and beauty. Boring.

I am not here for that. I am already too far down the path of radical self-love. I post photos of my fat stomach on Instagram. I preach fat liberation, fat acceptance, fat positivity to anyone who will listen. I have the throwing-up emoji ready for anyone who says: “But what about your health?” Because shut up. Because you cannot look at someone and determine how healthy they are. No, you cannot. No, Google it. No, read a book. No, get out of the comments and into a library. No, stop arguing with strangers on websites.

You cannot look at someone and determine how healthy they are. On top of that, even if you could, people are allowed to be unhealthy. People have autonomy. Other people’s bodies are none of your business. We can also talk about mental health. How unhealthy it is to someone’s psyche to be stigmatised and bullied. Do you really want me to send you fun articles called things like “Weight-stigma kills”?

So, if you were telling yourself that you wanted to lose weight because of health issues, I have got great news for you. It can actually be unhealthy to diet. There. Go eat a burger and delete the “before” photo on Instagram.

I understand why you want to be proud of your weight loss. Shedding weight was a thing I attempted to do from the age of eight to the age of 22. I read diet books more carefully than I ever read a book for school; proudly saying “no” to going out because I was “watching my weight”. Oh, and when those kilos started dropping, oh my, I felt like a winner. Like I was one step closer to that dream body. I put the photo I hated the most of myself up on the fridge to discourage myself from eating anything at all.

When people show off a weight loss, part of me thinks “bitch, please” – because in my lifetime I have probably lost more weight than anyone can imagine. I bet I have lost the Titanic in weight. Sure, I have gained it all back again. I’m not alone – 95% of people who lose weight, gain it back.
And two-thirds of dieters end up weighing more than they did before they started losing weight.
Which means, statistically, this is it. Statistically, you will spend this January miserable and hungry and by March, you’ll be fatter than you were on New Year’s Eve.

“As long as you are below your initial weight, your body is going to try to get you back,” says Dr Michael Schwartz, an obesity and diabetes researcher who is a professor of medicine at the University of Washington in this New York Times article. It is called yo-yo dieting and it is neither healthy nor safe to do. So have a burger. If you want to be truly healthy, stop thinking in kilos and circumference. Think about what will nurture your body – and mind. I am not overly worried about physical health. Yours or mine. I am as much a “strain on the NHS” as those of you living to be 115 years old because you have only eaten kale. I would rather die at 40 and have been even mildly amusing to be around than die at 115 and not have had friends since I was 30 because all I could talk about was CrossFit.

But I am very much into mental health. Oh, sweet, sweet mental health. Here is why it is my favourite: it is free. And that is why no one is telling you to do it. Why would the women’s magazines tell you to speak kindly to yourself? Then you would not need the women’s magazines to tell you how to become prettier and better. Why would television tell you that you should believe you are good enough? Then you are not going to watch the TV shows that make you feel bad about yourself. Capitalism made you feel horrible about yourself. So do not trust capitalism to get you out of it. This includes women’s magazines and the entire diet culture.

This is probably the body you have and will have forever. And it is good enough.
Instead of dieting this January or this year, or even this lifetime, do this: get in front of a mirror, naked. Look at yourself. Accept that this is how you look today. You deserve to think you are hot shit today. Cuddle yourself. Touch your stomach. Give yourself daily affirmations. You know, the ones you would hear on the Oprah Show. American fluffy stuff like: “I am worthy. I am beautiful. I deserve good things. Sofie Hagen is always right about everything. My hair is pretty.”

Then eat what you want. And do all the things you wanted to do once you’d lost weight. Because this is it and you can do all of those things now. Promise yourself a nice 2018 without restrictions and punishments – and with a bunch of radical self-love instead. I think you deserve that.
tl;dr: she's fat and doesn't understand mental or physical health.

Here's a piece she previously wrote for BBC about her social anxiety
http://www.bbc.com/news/disability-35554995
http://archive.md/Bo2Iw

anti-obesity.JPG

http://archive.md/b4Daq
Sharing another Fatty's screed denying facts

The backlash she received for her ignorant comments caused her to sperg like no tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/SofieHagen/status/969567584722055168
http://archive.md/UWEkr
If people really cared about fat people’s health, why would they use shame, ridicule, abuse and fear to make them change their ways? Those are not things that make people want to take care of themselves. Those are making fat people feel unwell.

So hey, hate fat people. But admit that you hate fat people. That whole ‘It is unhealthy’ speech is embarrassing and it’s getting old now. You don’t want us to be healthy, you want us to hate ourselves. Because you hate us. Own up to your bigotry.

And do not even try me with the ‘but the NHS has to pay for’ bullshit because you know who else you have to pay for through your taxes? People who live to be fucking 95 years old because they’ve lived on kale and misery all their lives.

Stop wrapping your fat hate in ‘pretending to care about our health’. Fuck off. Ever considered mental health? Why is that less important? What does shaming, bullying and harrassment do to a person? To children?

Oh, and do not think I am talking about my own mental health right now. I am not reading your tweets or comments because your opinions mean less to me than you probably did to your parents. I am talking about the fat people you people hate - and thus hurt.

If you genuinely think you care about the health of fat people, fine. Has centuries of shaming, bullying and scaring fat people made us lose weight? Or are there more fat people than ever?

And I am not buying into fat being unhealthy - it’s not inherently unhealthy and even if it was, fat people can do whatever the fuck they want with their health - but if I did pretend to accept that, your arguments are still fucked up. You just hate fat people.
Fuck da haterzz.
only-shit.JPG

Like all walking stereotypes of fat feminists she is obsessed with Disney and wants a fat princess.
fat-princess.JPG

#INeedFatRepresentation
fat-characters.JPG

Fat.

No comment
lesser-known.JPG

lol she's a fan of Virgie Tovar
virgie.JPG

I'll dedicate the rest of this OP to the gross fat selfies from her instagram
fatty.JPG

fatty2.JPG

fatty3.JPG

fatty4.JPG

fatty5.JPG

fatty6.JPG

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

LetterlandMafia

Foreclose on me one more time
kiwifarms.net
Was inevitable she'd get a thread here. I think she's legit fucked in the head. I remember reading a Chortle review of her last show and apparently she talked a lot about how her Dad was never in her life and she was emotionally abused by her grandfather, which likely explains her massive insecurity and occasional man hate. She's that type of lolcow who deserves everything she gets but equally you can't help feel a little sorry for because she's clearly living a miserable life.

Also never occurred to me that she was a European Lindy West, but now that I think about it it makes total sense: fat weirdo popular only in SJW circles who uses extremely aggressive behaviour to mask their crippling insecurity.

MarissaXD

Straight Out of Jehenna, the Crimson Flash
kiwifarms.net
Posts about Hagen have been banned on /r/fatlogic, which has only occurred with Virgie Tovar (a lulcow), Ragen Chastain (a delusional fat activist who probably is a lulcow) and Tess Holliday, a lulcow that is seen in the Beauty Parlor category. It took months if not years for the first three to be banished topics, but Hagen somehow appeared out of the blue and so prolific that it took a week to ban content about Hagen.

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
Posts about Hagen have been banned on /r/fatlogic, which has only occurred with Virgie Tovar (a lulcow), Ragen Chastain (a delusional fat activist who probably is a lulcow) and Tess Holliday, a lulcow that is seen in the Beauty Parlor category. It took months if not years for the first three to be banished topics, but Hagen somehow appeared out of the blue and so prolific that it took a week to ban content about Hagen.
I believe Virgie might have a thread on here in the beauty parlor but I could be wrong

andr0id psycho sho(ker

I destroy internet memes with my creepy stare!
kiwifarms.net
Apparently Virgie does. I need to search for Ragen, though. If all of them are lulcows with threads... it should be an automatic rule about Fat Activists. If content about you is banned from Fatlogic, you get a thread. Only the most obnoxious get banned there.
Okay, glad that's cleared up for you. Happy hunting with finding the last fatty thread on here

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was inevitable she'd get a thread here. I think she's legit fucked in the head. I remember reading a Chortle review of her last show and apparently she talked a lot about how her Dad was never in her life and she was emotionally abused by her grandfather, which likely explains her massive insecurity and occasional man hate. She's that type of lolcow who deserves everything she gets but equally you can't help feel a little sorry for because she's clearly living a miserable life.

Also never occurred to me that she was a European Lindy West, but now that I think about it it makes total sense: fat weirdo popular only in SJW circles who uses extremely aggressive behaviour to mask their crippling insecurity.
Damn you nailed it. I was wondering if she'd eventually get a thread here. She does remind me quite a bit of Lindy West in more ways than one. They are both absolutely awful at their chosen careers and have some how, through self promotion and "women's advocacy" become fairly successful.

ConcernedAnon

Concerned and hopefully anonymous
kiwifarms.net
A literal cow said:
I would rather die at 40 and have been even mildly amusing to be around than die at 115 and not have had friends since I was 30 because all I could talk about was CrossFit.
She doesn't seem to understand that you can be fit, and have personality beyond fitness. Almost like she's projecting the fact that she's fat, and has no personality beyond fatness :thinking:

Five Star Man

kiwifarms.net
Seeing these types of landwhale fat activists deny basic thermodynamics (change in energy == energy in - energy out) drove me more than anything to lose weight.

I'm almost 50 pounds down, and I'm no longer obese.
When the mind exhibits miraculous denial of reality the body has a funny way of following suit. It's a deadly disease known as fatbrain. This case is terminal.

Koochiching

Adult Trashcan
kiwifarms.net
When the mind exhibits miraculous denial of reality the body has a funny way of following suit. It's a deadly disease known as fatbrain. This case is terminal.
Lolcow watching is, in a way, therapeutic and didactic. I derive a kind of self-improvement from it--every so often I notice some point in my life where I could have gone on the crazy train. I'd like to think I'm not becoming such a risible person, and I try my best not to be a complete REEEEEEEtard to that effect. Lolcows are such a prime example of how not to act that they've become a helpful measuring tool to evaluate my actions retrospectively (had I continued down this ideological and social path, how would I have ended up?) and also to make judgments on present matters (is this kind of social behaviour going to bring me places or just lead me down a road of isolation and epistemic closure?). And likewise one can look at the progression, or regression, of lolcows and pinpoint what could have been done differently to right the course.

Imagine if I went the fatbrain route. Imagine if I were to abandon all the scientific data out there in search of justifying "healthy" obesity. I thank my lucky stars I was never anywhere close to that, even when I was a fat fuck, even when I was on the social justice warrior side of the equation. Had I turned lolcow, I don't know what would have happened. But peering at fools like Sofie Hagen gives me a general idea of what the inside of Plato's cave looks like, so to speak. And spoiler alert: it's a lot like Hagen herself. It's large, it's damp, it's lonely, and it ain't pretty.

Kitlen

Julie, Mr. 600... I'm making friends everywhere!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ah, I was wondering when she would show up here.

I like that here she demonstrates (of course) how massive she is by wearing a 5X top and says it's only "a little big."
https://www.madeofhumanpodcast.com/shop/

She also has a large following on Voat's Fat People Hate. I swear, I see her pop up there pretty frequently.

NotCobalt

Encyclopedia Dramatica Sysop
kiwifarms.net
Ah, I was wondering when she would show up here.

I like that here she demonstrates (of course) how massive she is by wearing a 5X top and says it's only "a little big."
https://www.madeofhumanpodcast.com/shop/

She also has a large following on Voat's Fat People Hate. I swear, I see her pop up there pretty frequently.
How the fuck do you even get to be in a 5XL? And this fat bitch wants bigger?

Like dudes I know that are like 2 meters tall and 110kg use at worst a 3XL.

Reactions: exhausted