Software Endorsements -

Snacker

kiwifarms.net
you guys know of any software/addon that can download youtube vid?
There are probably about 5 million browser extensions or little apps that can do that, but personally I just use websites to do it and avoid having to install anything. I've used ClipConverter a few times and it's always worked fine. You can also download just the audio which is useful for stuff like podcasts or interviews.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Party like it's 1999
kiwifarms.net
There are probably about 5 million browser extensions or little apps that can do that, but personally I just use websites to do it and avoid having to install anything. I've used ClipConverter a few times and it's always worked fine. You can also download just the audio which is useful for stuff like podcasts or interviews.
Thank you very much, it worked like a charm

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anybody have recs for RSS readers? I don't care if I have to pay.
Honestly, that's probably better as it suggests the company is not data mining what I read especially if I add kiwifarms to the RSS feed.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I use RSSGuard. It's open-source and without data mining shenanigans.
I've been trying Feedbro, a mozilla plugin.

Also, off a similar tangent to data-mining, how do you know if a service is data-mining you? Should I just check the TOS?
One of the rules I go by is if the service is free then there is datamining.

nishikino_maki

kiwifarms.net
Anybody have recs for RSS readers? I don't care if I have to pay.
Honestly, that's probably better as it suggests the company is not data mining what I read especially if I add kiwifarms to the RSS feed.
you can try newsboat if you are on linux and like TUIs

Bonk

bonked once again
kiwifarms.net
if you want a real great privacy based search engine
use Searx.me

Searx can fetch search results from about 70 different engines. This includes major search engines and site-specific searches like Bing, Google, Reddit, Wikipedia, Yahoo, and Yandex.

Searx does not share users' IP addresses or search history with the search engines from which it gathers results. Tracking cookies served by the search engines are blocked, preventing user-profiling-based results modification.

I shamelessly stole this description from Wikipedia, because I was too lazy to type the features out myself.
It's pretty good but it's not as pretty looking as Google or DuckDuckGo

Reactions: Marvin

Freddy Freaker

2 Dollars per call
kiwifarms.net
Anybody know a good image hosting site that isn't tied to photobucket or imgr, possibly with mobile apps? Magaimg is a bit annoying with multiple pictures at once

Give Her The D

Trans Cunt
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mullvad is a pretty decent VPN. It's based in Sweden (if you care about the Fourteen Eyes, don't use), keeps no logs, and requires simply an account number - no need to enter personal info such as names, addresses or e-mails.

Servers can be slow if you don't specify the right one. I used to get servers in Chicago with single-homed Cogent lines a lot, until I specified it to one with QuadraNet. Also has no mobile app, but supports WireGuard if you want to get around public WiFi VPN blocking, and avoid the slow connecting of OpenVPN.

CabbageMan

sly miss
kiwifarms.net
B> Update on this. I am currently looking for the best of the best when it comes to a VPN, I don't care about how much it costs, and I would prefer not to use that cheap ass nigger shit Null shills for.
Haven't had any complaints aside from occasionally I get assigned an IP that Google or Wayback machine is like "you're flooding our services" because I guess a spammer had it previously. Speed's good, privacy's been good, price point's good. I torrent on it regularly and while it's not my unVPN'd speed (I pay for 1 gig up/down and get approximately that without the VPN) it's still pretty good. I upload torrents at a few megs a second, I've streamed to Twitch using it, and overall haven't noticed much performance degradation.

Reactions: Elhaym

FatFuckFrank

Goddamn Sexual Tyrannosaurus
kiwifarms.net
I'm loving the fuck out of Brave, my only problem is that I can't watch old Homestar Runner content on it because of flash, even with the option of allowing flash.

Something diffrent but

I endorse the mpc-hc video player

It plays every video file i have, can switch audio on the fly, supports subtitles and is highly customizable

https://mpc-hc.org/
I heavily endorse this too, I used to sub stuff before and I would watch the shows I'd sub through this to see if it worked. Also great FLAC player.

Big Bad Brat

(Cricket and Ride's bitch.)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Brave just released an update that enhances basically every good functionality of the browser and adds to the mix the ability to add extensions from the Chrome store. You can now change the appearance of Brave as well (thank god for night mode). But the absolute best part for me is that they replaced the new session tab with a fully-fledged user management. That means you can basically create different users that save different logins. You could perfectly have your normal sessions in one user session, and in another user session have socks to browse content related to cows.

This might push Brave to the best browser on the market, honestly. Terrific update as far as I am concerned.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino