Software Endorsements -

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
so how long do you guys think brave will be around? when will the NPC go after it for beeing the sole income source for the evil Nazi webspace known as Kiwifarms?
also @Null can you update us in a month or so about how the firefox glitch and the transition of alot of kiwis to brave impacted the amount of brave money you got?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
so how long do you guys think brave will be around? when will the NPC go after it for beeing the sole income source for the evil Nazi webspace known as Kiwifarms?
also @Null can you update us in a month or so about how the firefox glitch and the transition of alot of kiwis to brave impacted the amount of brave money you got?
It's significant. Once it pays out I'll tell people.

BarberFerdinand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, thinking about making the switch to brave on my phone. One thing holding me back is all the saved login stuff I already have on firefox(which is getting shittier by the day). Anyone know how to transfer saved login info from firefox(pc or android) to Brave(android)? If so that would be super cool.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

don't step on me
kiwifarms.net
So, thinking about making the switch to brave on my phone. One thing holding me back is all the saved login stuff I already have on firefox(which is getting shittier by the day). Anyone know how to transfer saved login info from firefox(pc or android) to Brave(android)? If so that would be super cool.
Yes. Though results may vary, I haven't tried it myself. There's a plugin to export logins/password from firefox, use that. Import them into Brave on PC, turn sync on and sync them to Brave on your phone.

• Informative
Reactions: BarberFerdinand

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
Yes, I do, and I've done this myself.

lastpass.com works great across devices and stores passwords under a master password. It's great for password security. It can import your passwords upon installation and the content it stores is encrypted on their servers in a way where even when they've had hacks before they never lost any information.

BarberFerdinand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, I do, and I've done this myself.

lastpass.com works great across devices and stores passwords under a master password. It's great for password security. It can import your passwords upon installation and the content it stores is encrypted on their servers in a way where even when they've had hacks before they never lost any information.
...aaaaand the latest firefox bug seems to be blocking lastpass at this time. Splendid.

edit: I'm sure it will be fixed shortly, I just can't help but find it mildly ironic that firefox bugged itself to keep me on their browser app.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Firefox should be removed from the recommended list especially considering their recent actions against Dissenter and their policy changes.
The Mozilla Foundation has lost all credibility at this point as if the last few versions of Firefox weren't already shockingly shitty on top of their SJW bullshit.

76LD910

Non Casual Observer
kiwifarms.net
Firefox should be removed from the recommended list especially considering their recent actions against Dissenter and their policy changes.
It should be removed from the list because its dog shit, its problems go back years.

I stuck with it until someone on the farms recommended Vivaldi which I ended up switching to because all the basic features I was getting via extensions in Firefox (including a more functional sidebar) were part of the basic package. The only issue with Vivaldi is download managers wont work on YouTube on account of the fact its a Chrome variant, but that can be solved by accessing the url via any good proxy site or just using desktop software.

I was ready to ditch Firefox at the time because of how often updates were breaking simple extensions. A couple months ago i was having problems with a certain video url not working through any proxy so I figured the simplest solution (hadn't found good desktop software at that time) would be to open Firefox for the first time in probably a year just to use my usual download managers on the problem url. I expected to have to update my download managers at least, but I was surprised to find that Firefox had somehow forgotten even the most basic settings including my chosen homepage, and that I was unable to download anything using any extension even if it was a new install with everything else removed, I eventually had to give up.

It needs constant oversight or it becomes unusable.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

don't step on me
kiwifarms.net
It needs constant oversight or it becomes unusable.
I use the old ESR release, blocked everything and it's been fine even though I'm now running the browser equivalent of grandpa's childhood snow-sleigh, just because I want that session manager extension for KiwiFarms and a couple of other things. I switched to Brave on mobile and sent null the crypto-rubels so now I feel like a big man. The best thing about Brave so far is that it doesn't suddenly load animated ads in the middle of an article, splitting the text like the red sea when I try to scroll and register it as a click and now I'm forwarded through a bunch of bullshit while mashing the back button, then gets added to a "this user seems to be interested in this product segment" and gets served more shit ads for juicers or other bullshit.

I miss when I only got things like Mitsubishi Heavy Industries ads. I'm not going to buy a cruise ship but I am a bit curious about what they have to offer.

fartsnstuf

Ajit Pai's Head of Security
kiwifarms.net
is there a tool that can bulk download photobucket pics, they've become so money-hungry and jewish as shit that I want to migrate my shit off of that hellhole

• Feels
Reactions: AnOminous

welcometotherock

Chanticleer Hegemony
kiwifarms.net
I've more or less been a Firefox faggot since 2010 during the days of Firefox 3.5. I mean, I have used Chrome but I actually wound up abandoning it in 2013 because it kept conflicting with websites I used for actual schoolwork. I've exclusively used Firefox ever since though I have recently started using Brave over the last 2-3 days.

I certainly do /like/ the aesthetic but I can't really say it's the browser for me personally. If it was built atop Gecko and was compatible with my usual array of extensions that I've been using more or less exclusively for 8+ years, then I'd definitely make the switch permanent. I already have Ad Nauseum and Nanodefender on Firefox, so on a privacy standpoint, Brave is redundant. Also, despite how this browser is /NOT/ Chrome, it's still forked from Chromium which is still a project controlled by Google so you're not 100% free from Big G. With that said, I'll definitely be using it over a longer span of time to see if my thoughts will change. Still, I do wish that BAT was a browser-agnostic platform that I could load into Firefox via extension.

not_an_atf_agent

kiwifarms.net
What do you, guys, think about Opera? I've been a user since version 6, back when they had their own engine. It's Chromium based nowadays. But it's faster than Chrome and doesn't have Goolag's spyware. Idk what surveillance they do have though.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What do you, guys, think about Opera? I've been a user since version 6, back when they had their own engine. It's Chromium based nowadays. But it's faster than Chrome and doesn't have Goolag's spyware. Idk what surveillance they do have though.
It's pretty good.

• Agree
Reactions: Goda

welcometotherock

Chanticleer Hegemony
kiwifarms.net
Almost all of Opera's problems with website incompatibilities was solved with the migration from Presto to Blink but a lot of the customisation that came with Presto wound up going away when they migrated over. With that said, if you're /really/ going to be throwing your lot in with the Chromium-derivatives, you might as well go with Brave.

• Agree
Reactions: REGENDarySumanai
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino