Software Endorsements -

MAPK phosphatase

Cell Death Regulator
kiwifarms.net
Subscribing to YouTube channels and watching YouTube videos, all without YouTube
Or at least how I do it.
First you'll need an RSS reader. I use canto curses. For an terminal application the performance is pretty terrible because it's 98% python. The whole thing freezes when you update your feeds. But largely it's usable, just not as snappy as you may be used to if you use terminal ncurses applications.
Subscribe to the YouTube channels through RSS https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6224202?hl=en or https://danielmiessler.com/blog/rss-feed-youtube-channel/. How to subscribe to a feed differs between RSS readers, but canto lets you import opml files by running canto-remote import /path/to/file.opml from the terminal and subscribe to an individual feed by typing :add https://website.link/to/feed.
After you've subscribed to the channels, you need to configure the reader to open YouTube links in something like VLC Media Player or MPV. Personally I use MPV. In canto this is accomplished by using the smartlink plugin, which can be done by copying /usr/lib/canto/plugins/smartlink.py to ~/.config/canto/plugins/.
After you copy over the plugin, you can open the smartlink.py folder and add the following json to the HANDLERS array at the top of the file.
JSON:
{ "match-url" : ".*youtube.*$",
  "handler" : "mpv",
  "regex" : True,
},
replace mpv with vlc if that's what you use.

Actually using this consists of navigating my cursor in canto-curses over a link, hitting "f" and the YouTube video opens and plays in mpv. If you actually want to watch it in a browser on YouTube, hit "g". It's a lot of work to set up but once it is set up it's easier to use and more reliable than YouTube's subscription box. Plus I don't need a YouTube account, which is great because I don't have one.

Pham

kiwifarms.net
What are the new kiwi recommended defragger and cleaners to use? The piriform bois aren't any good anymore. I should of stopped awhile ago since they were compromised but whatever. Ccleaner has an annoying advertisement popup that slows everything down and its missing tons of cleaning options due to lack of any real content updates. I forgot why I stopped using defraggler but it started sucking too. I'm currently using bleachbit and auslogics defrag as a stop gap. Anything better?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
What are the new kiwi recommended defragger and cleaners to use? The piriform bois aren't any good anymore. I should of stopped awhile ago since they were compromised but whatever. Ccleaner has an annoying advertisement popup that slows everything down and its missing tons of cleaning options due to lack of any real content updates. I forgot why I stopped using defraggler but it started sucking too. I'm currently using bleachbit and auslogics defrag as a stop gap. Anything better?
You do not need to use a defragger on SSD, it actively harms the physical disk. I use ccleaner still but rarely.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
25 pages so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned. If you use Windows NT then you should download some system utilities from sysinternals

Most of them do what we in the security software business is called hooking the system service table. These are kernel hooks which will allow you to examine kernel memory and processes etc.

This will help you to diagnose issues or problems. Process explorer is a popular download.

• Informative
Reactions: Dreamland

R. J. MacReady

kiwifarms.net
How does this compare against Veracrypt?
it does some things different from veracrypt . it creats a vault in external storage well in any map you create a vault in. if you then put files in it there encrypted. files get encrypted individually when you put them in the vault. so it makes cloud storage really safe because they cant see what the files are. but its good for any kind of storage.

• Informative
Reactions: DanteAlighieri

Chichan

kiwifarms.net
@Null Have you heard of the search engine Ecosia and have you tried it? I only ask because you are a tech expert and I like to use different search engines besides jewgle, duck duck go and the other one that's been mentioned. I took a cursory glance at them they plant trees with whatever extra funds they receive. Also they are based in Berlin which makes me a bit weary even though they claim to protect privacy.

Exsosym

kiwifarms.net
Ecosia and have you tried it? I only ask because you are a tech expert and I like to use different search engines besides jewgle, duck duck go and the other
It says "results by Microsoft" at the bottom, same as Bing, DDG, and others.

Give Her The D

Survives KyoAni. BUT AT WHAT COST?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not exactly a software endorsement, but can someone send me a PDF of "On The Jews and their Lies", "Elders of Zion" and/or the "The International Jew"? Looking for some redpill documents.

• Dumb
Reactions: Raging Capybara

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you need Bible software, these guys are the one stop shop if you don't want to spend a dime:

Multi-platform and open source.

• Informative
Reactions: 3119967d0c

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If your grammar sucks ass and you'd like it to not suck so hard, give Grammarly a try.

It's got a free version, don't blow money on the paid version, free is more than adequate.

It works well as a web plugin, but turn it off on sites you don't want it check your grammar on. Windows users can also use the standalone app for non web page based writing, saves all writing projects to a cloud so it can be used between multiple computers.

• Informative
Reactions: Finrod Felagund

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
I used to use Defraggler but more recently I've just used the built-in disk optimizer for Windows since I run my system off an SSD and my mechanical drive is just for data. My D: drive is rarely more than 1% fragmented just letting it run weekly on its own. I haven't worried about defragging my hard drive since like Windows 7 onward, but I've also moved the vast majority of my personal data off my actual internal drives.

At work most of the tools I use for cleaning/optimizing computers are all proprietary and not publicly available sadly. We used to use CCleaner until they did something fucky with their licensing. I still use it on my personal devices but not often.

On a less serious note, if you have 7-Eleven near you and visit them with any frequency, getting the app will net you all kinds of free shit.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino