Software Endorsements -

Kacchan

Carbon-based lifeform
kiwifarms.net
I am looking for a throwaway sms service. Something that works with google or Twitter, so I will probably need to spend money on it.
Any recommendations?
You're going to be up a creek for that. Twilio (who most of these sites use for SMS verification) are really good about registering wheter a prefix is VoIP-based (Google Voice, etc) or on a traditional cell carrier like AT&T or Verizon.

Buy a burner cell (Tracfone-type ones) and reload it using prepaid cards every now and then.

Bender

I bend stuff, usually the truth.
kiwifarms.net
Windows Defender for antivirus/spyware (no sense paying $40+ a year for something that's build-in to Windows)
Paint.NET or GIMP for image editing
Brave browser for web browsing
ImageGlass for image viewing
VLC for videos and/or music (some people prefer MPC, but you don't have to install separate codecs with VLC)
Wire for everything Skype does, but securer
ProtonMail for email
ProtonVPN for VPN (it's got a free version, but it's somewhat limited)
BleachBit for deleting files (click the button in the top-left, then preferences and tick "overwrite files")
BitWarden for password management
Authy for 2FA management (it syncs between mobile and desktop)
Telegram/Signal for messaging
7zip for decompressing files

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: c-no and 3119967d0c

Smaug's Smokey Hole

kiwifarms.net
ImageGlass for image viewing
I took a look at it and it seems like a clunkier and slower IrfanView with less features.

VLC for videos and/or music (some people prefer MPC, but you don't have to install separate codecs with VLC)
MPC still works great, VLC has some great features that MPC doesn't have but there are things in MPC that, to my knowledge, VLC doesn't have. Like pressing a button to find subtitles in any language for what you are watching right now. That is pretty good.

BleachBit for deleting files (click the button in the top-left, then preferences and tick "overwrite files")
That's spotty on SSD's as far as I know, but I might be wildly out of touch, I will admit to that. Secure delete is another option and something that many miss or don't think of is pruning the NTFS file table. Because it is not possible. Unless it is spammed with millions of garbage entries and that is hardly discrete if someone is trying to hide something. BleachBit should be doing that, but I don't know.

This was several years ago and my memory is hazy, but I seem to remember that I did a full wipe and reinstall on one laptop but the NTFS table was largely untouched, it was when I first started thinking about this. The laptops were going to be sold, there was nothing sensitive on them, they had been secure erased so data could not be recovered, but paths, size and filenames were still there. That intrigued me, how can you manipulate the file table? By writing a script that floods it with garbage, as it turns out. Or fully reformating, that works as well.

Either way, name your spergy revolutionary white supremacist or communist manifesto BrittneySpearsSextapeFacialLinkinPark.rm and place it in a folder called pr0n, the glowies won't know what to make of it.

7zip is alright.

Bender

kiwifarms.net
that doesnt help with getting a new number for a new twitter acc.
You don't have free SIM cards where you're from? I can walk into a network provider's shop and leave with as many PAYG SIM cards as I can carry, each with their own phone number.

Bender

kiwifarms.net
I took a look at it and it seems like a clunkier and slower IrfanView with less features.
Fair enough, I like it because it just displays pictures, if I wanted to do anything more I'd use Paint.NET or something, but to each their own.

Edit: And the lead developer's name is Phap Duong which is an unfortunate, but hilarious, name.

Last edited:

Wingus Dongshire

kiwifarms.net

MPC still works great, VLC has some great features that MPC doesn't have but there are things in MPC that, to my knowledge, VLC doesn't have. Like pressing a button to find subtitles in any language for what you are watching right now. That is pretty good.

That's spotty on SSD's as far as I know, but I might be wildly out of touch, I will admit to that. Secure delete is another option and something that many miss or don't think of is pruning the NTFS file table. Because it is not possible. Unless it is spammed with millions of garbage entries and that is hardly discrete if someone is trying to hide something. BleachBit should be doing that, but I don't know.

This was several years ago and my memory is hazy, but I seem to remember that I did a full wipe and reinstall on one laptop but the NTFS table was largely untouched, it was when I first started thinking about this. The laptops were going to be sold, there was nothing sensitive on them, they had been secure erased so data could not be recovered, but paths, size and filenames were still there. That intrigued me, how can you manipulate the file table? By writing a script that floods it with garbage, as it turns out. Or fully reformating, that works as well.

Either way, name your spergy revolutionary white supremacist or communist manifesto BrittneySpearsSextapeFacialLinkinPark.rm and place it in a folder called pr0n, the glowies won't know what to make of it.

7zip is alright.
The only way to securely wipe an SSD is to make a call to its controller to do a secure erase, usually done via a tool from the SSD manufacturer. A standard zero-write operation won't catch everything due to the way SSDs have a firmware abstraction layer to the actual data; when you zero it out it just zeroes out the FTL address and the underlying data is still present, just not obtainable by standard read operations. I keep seeing people say ATA secure erase from hdparm works but I've got reservations about that since you're relying on the SSD's secure erase to be properly implemented with no easy way to confirm it is.

• Agree
Reactions: Dingo

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The only way to securely wipe an SSD is to make a call to its controller to do a secure erase, usually done via a tool from the SSD manufacturer. A standard zero-write operation won't catch everything due to the way SSDs have a firmware abstraction layer to the actual data; when you zero it out it just zeroes out the FTL address and the underlying data is still present, just not obtainable by standard read operations. I keep seeing people say ATA secure erase from hdparm works but I've got reservations about that since you're relying on the SSD's secure erase to be properly implemented with no easy way to confirm it is.
A hammer is a pretty good substitute if you don't have a metal shredder.

NSJAP

Nationalsozialistische Juwel Arbeiterpartei
kiwifarms.net
Common scene, browsing sketchy sites with turned off scripts/through VirtualBox (with Linux Mint inside) as antivirus
Pirated Photoshop CC 2018 for image editing
Pictus for image viewing
PIA for VPN
Firefox with privacy tweaks from this video https://youtu.be/tQhWdsFMc24 for general browsing. Ublock has 3rd-party scripts and 3rd-party frames turned off globally
Brave with multiple profiles for sites where I logged in (one profile for YouTube/google stuff, second for twitter, third for discord and so on)
Ungoogled-chromium for browsing without VPN
VLC for videos and AIMP for music
qTox for messaging
KeePassX for password management
Thunderbird for email client
Cock.li/mail.ru for registration on sites ( new email for new site )
SimpleWall as firewall with whitelist

Reactions: Nina Hagen

a_lurker

kiwifarms.net
Close, but no.
I know in the US they're iffy about burner phones, and greedy enough to charge $10 for sims for pre-paid plans, and iirc the EU would want an ID.
Asia, former soviet, or some "wild uncivilized land" not subjected to the prying eyes of the EU or US government.

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
I was able to create an account through the Tor hidden service.
Thanks for allowing that @Null.

Are there any plans to create a lokinet address as well, or is that particular mixnet just a meme?

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino