Software Endorsements -

Did you like the App?

• yes

• no

• Stop waisting our time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stasi

kiwifarms.net
Anyone know of a way (app or browser) to download non-YouTube videos on android? (NewPipe is great for YouTube stuff BTW, highly recommended)

I have been watching Chinese animu cartoons on 9anime and would like to download some episodes to my phone to have something to watch when traveling with no wi-fi.

I can download to PC and transfer to phone but would rather avoid the ass pain if possible.

Shoggoth

kiwifarms.net
Anyone know of a way (app or browser) to download non-YouTube videos on android? (NewPipe is great for YouTube stuff BTW, highly recommended)

I have been watching Chinese animu cartoons on 9anime and would like to download some episodes to my phone to have something to watch when traveling with no wi-fi.

I can download to PC and transfer to phone but would rather avoid the ass pain if possible.
I think if you download a terminal app you could use youtube-dl, which can download from websites other than youtube. Don't know how compatible it is with chinese cartoons sites

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I think if you download a terminal app you could use youtube-dl, which can download from websites other than youtube. Don't know how compatible it is with chinese cartoons sites
There's an absurdly long list of supported sites: https://ytdl-org.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

I'm not sure how up to date that is, and they're not always speedy in updating the more obscure ones when they break, because it's usually just one guy who wanted that site who put it in there. If you know what you're doing you can add sites yourself. If you don't, you can ask the fairly active community and someone might add it for you if they take an interest.

• Informative
Reactions: Ineedahero

a_lurker

kiwifarms.net

From my post on the archiving tools thread:

Termux is handy as fuck on android. Basically a little sandboxed linux install/shell that you can apt-get stuff, install pip and get youtube-dl rigged up on your phone for archiving/grabbing audio to listen to when driving without wasting the battery of having the screen being on or the data usage for video.

the widget for termux is a paid feature, but it allows you to make bash scripts that have an icon (or a list of scripts you can just tap on) that run like an app (i've got one where i copy the url to a youtube video, the script runs grabs the url from the clipboard, downloads audio only) the api for grabbing clipboard and exposing some of the android stuff (camera,sensors,etc) i think is free though.

Down_The_Rabbit_Hole420

Master Che
kiwifarms.net
My Boys @kiwifarms,

I would like to introduce a very cool App named OnTopReplica!.

A real-time always-on-top “replica” of a window of your choice, for Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.

This simple utility application shows a blank always-on-top window by default. Users can pick any other window of the system to have an always up-to-date clone of the target window shown always-on-top. Very useful for monitoring background processes, wrangling with complex multi-window games or tools, watching Youtube videos while working, and so on.

📢 Features:

Clone any of your windows and keep it always-on-top while working with other windows,
Select a subregion of the cloned window, which:
Can be stored for future use,
Can use relative coordinates from the target window’s borders.
Auto-resizing (fit the original window, half, quarter and fullscreen mode),
Position lock on any corner of your screen,
Adjustable opacity,
“Click forwarding”: allows to interact with the cloned window,
“Click-through”: makes the replica ignore any mouse interaction (turns OnTopReplica into an overlay if set together with partial opacity),
“Group switch”-mode automatically switches through a group of windows while you use them.

Requirements

Microsoft Windows Vista or greater (the application makes use of native DWM Thumbnails to create replicas),
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.
Desktop Composition (a.k.a. Windows Aero) enabled.

Hope you guys enjoy, I love watching youtube videos while browsing Reddit or other forums.

Since I'm new to the site I would rather not upload any files or anything just browse for OnTopReplica I acquired it for free, if you have an issue let me know and we can work out an alternative.

hop hop Out

Slappy McGherkin

Bartender? Make that a double.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This would have been useful 10 years ago. Now most people who needed this have multiple monitors.
Agreed, but I can still see "some value" in it using a laptop that's not docked to your monitors (airport, traveling, whatever). But even then, you could just resize the windows you want open and have them all on your desktop (which is basically how I do it when needed).

3119967d0c

a... brain - @StarkRavingMad
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Huh. That's actually kind of cool in terms of being usable to bring up only part of a window rather than the whole window.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to repeat that cmus is fucking awesome and so are most curses apps. They just work and fuck your GUI bullshit.

Reactions: ditto

Splendid

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not only will that never work for consumers, but some shit is just better on a GUI. Command line superiority shit is lolcowish.

DanteAlighieri

I hate commies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've used OnTopReplica many times even with multiple monitors, helps when I'm trying to use multiple windows at a time. It lets you use parts of a window and you can enable or disable clickthrough.

Reactions: 3119967d0c

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
LuaMacros is a program made by flight sim spergs to allow them to use multiple keyboards in Windows so they can map every single button or toggle in an airplane to a key. It doesn't have to be used with flight sims though.

AutoHotKey is a program that allows you to program application specific macros and this program is extensive, you can make a macro that if space is pressed it clicks on a specific pixel on the screen in a specific window and then follow it up with any keyboard commands or more mouse clicks or whatever combination of things that you want. If it is a task that you often repeat or use much it can be made into a one button macro even if it requires navigating through a nestled menu.

LuaMacros and AutoHotKey combined makes it possible to have a pure macro keyboard or one of those small macro numpads if not as many keys are needed. Great for video editing and being a sperg I wanted to see how far I could push this. So I added a Steam controller where the circular touchpad acts as a ghetto jog wheel, trace your finger around it to go frame by frame with the haptic feedback sending a "plock" per frame, very nice, trace around it at a speed of ~2 revolutions per second and video plays in realtime. It could probably be configured for the color wheels as well now that I think about it, it's just a shame that it can only be configured in big picture mode.

Slav Power

Tag jes.
kiwifarms.net
Orthodox File Managers are pretty useful for everyday use and whatnot. Personally I use cracked Total Commander, but there are also free and cross-platform options like Double Commander. After learning the keyboard shortcuts you can do a lot of tasks much faster. There are also more OG, command line versions, like Far Manager or Midnight Commander, but I just can't seem to get the hang of them, too used to TC.

Tags
None