Software Endorsements -

Did you like the App?

• yes

• no

• Stop waisting our time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Duck

kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to hate qBittorrent, for some reason it doesn't want me to save anything outside of the C: drive, giving me I/O errors and refusing to download anything, i've already tried running it as admin with no results, and other programs let me download fine to other drives, so i don't see what's the problem, any alternatives to it?

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to hate qBittorrent, for some reason it doesn't want me to save anything outside of the C: drive, giving me I/O errors and refusing to download anything, i've already tried running it as admin with no results, and other programs let me download fine to other drives, so i don't see what's the problem, any alternatives to it?
Deluge hasn't given me many problems.

R. J. MacReady

kiwifarms.net
im downloading just fine outside C: drive
try transmission deluge webtorrent

DidYouJustSayThat

Eat the bat soup, bigot.
kiwifarms.net
Your drives are either dead, dying or full, never seen this behaviour with qBittorrent and I never download anything to C: drive.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I use 7-zip, but this is not a bad alternative, and for those rare few zipped documents 7-zip gets stupid over, this is pretty good.

I found it actually handles the ancient ACE format well, which I had to use to unzip some ancient Morrowind mods. You have to get a plugin for ACE files, but it's free and from the same source.

• Informative
Reactions: c-no

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Pale Moon is dead. Development is in an eternal catch up with major sites. Reddit just updated something and it broke the site on Pale Moon. I love the browser, but I've given up on it.

Switched over to ungoogle-chromium. Does need some tweaks after install, but works fine. Tried Vivaldi, but I have some issues with it. Its great, but they included AliBaba on the startpage after install. Might be compromised.

Last edited:

Boss Nigger

Part Legend, Part Devil, All Man
kiwifarms.net
Tried vivaldia, but I'm suspect. Its great, but they included AliBaba on the startpage after install. Might be compromised.
I've tried vivaldi too, The one thing that kills it for me is that their sync is so slow (using syncmarx, and the dev is too joshy to do anything about it)

Reactions: PowerWomon

Ben Garrison

Got a life sentence, when I shot a Jew
kiwifarms.net

cjöcker

Against all the evil that Hell can conjure.
kiwifarms.net
Is there an equivilent version of Privacy.com for Australia? I don't want Centrelink to know how many Jerry cans of fuel I'm sending to my local Aboriginal tribe.

• Autistic
Reactions: Robert Sanvagene

Cable 7

kiwifarms.net
Anyone else notice Adnaseum failing to block ads on Youtube? I think Youtube might have updated their ad system to be way harder to block now.

Vecr

"nanoposts with 90° spatial rotational symmetries"
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else notice Adnaseum failing to block ads on Youtube? I think Youtube might have updated their ad system to be way harder to block now.
It's apparently not a very good plugin at a technical level either.

Citation Checking Project

Hellstate man trapped in parents' house
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same here on Brave (both Desktop and Mobile) since like a week or so. Seems like it was a move on YT's part after all.

Tags
None