Did you like the App?

• yes

• no

• Stop waisting our time

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sgt. Pinback

Here, boy! Want your mouse?
kiwifarms.net
i dont get the ad but the skip ad screen...
Hunh, weird - I'm still getting completely ad-free YT at the moment, no screen like that - that's using Firefox Developer 78.0b2 (64-Bit) on Linux with uBlock.

I'm using NoScript and Privacy Badger as well, although those shouldn't affect YT ads AFAIK.

What OS/Browser are you using?

JonesMcCannister

Who was dragged down by the stone
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone have issues with ProtonVPN? I had the $10 subscription and the servers are just slow as dogshit and will frequently become overloaded and disconnect you. Plus if you "auto-connect to best server" it will put you on free servers sometimes. I switched over the ovpn.com and they're amazing, never disconnect and I get constant 70-130 mbps. I found them from an aggregate list of vpns that you can sort by security, keeping logs, etc. Anyone else have experiences with this site?

Ledj

kiwifarms.net
Onivim2 is something to watch out for if you're a vim user; especially if you have a love/hate relationship with VSCode.

I can't really endorse the software as is because it's had a very slow development (it was supposed to be close to 1.0 by now) and it's not really in a very usable state; but it's still very cheap to pick up a license and is potentially worth the risk if it actually ends up getting finished and doesn't become another sludge app after all of its VSCode integration. It uses libvim and is actually a native cross-platform application.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
Did anyone have issues with ProtonVPN? I had the $10 subscription and the servers are just slow as dogshit and will frequently become overloaded and disconnect you. Plus if you "auto-connect to best server" it will put you on free servers sometimes. I switched over the ovpn.com and they're amazing, never disconnect and I get constant 70-130 mbps. I found them from an aggregate list of vpns that you can sort by security, keeping logs, etc. Anyone else have experiences with this site?
always had issues, but I was mostly using free anyway. part that pisses me off are the random dead connections where you don't even get disconnected (so you can at least reconnect), the connection just dies on you. and that's on top the sometimes dogshit connection with shit speeds and packet drops galore.

however, they made a bunch of EU servers free and it stopped as far as I can tell. might have been a simple load issue.

Last edited:

Bender

I bend the truth.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Onivim2 is something to watch out for if you're a vim user; especially if you have a love/hate relationship with VSCode.
lmao, imagine using vim instead of nano

i dont get the ad but the skip ad screen...
My YT setup is uBlock Origin (not uBlock) with *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1 in the whitelist while using this extension, which allows you to whitelist certain channels so you can financially support them by watching a few ads. It also has a "skip ad" option for those long, unskippable ads, and "block advertiser" so you never have to see another fucking Grammarly ad again.

DidYouJustSayThat

Eat the bat soup, bigot.
kiwifarms.net
Protip: Create profile with p2p enabled, if you are in a paid plan, use this, so you do not get dropped to the pleb servers. I have had some problems with some games, but otherwise it is decent.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JonesMcCannister

heyitsmike

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
kiwifarms.net
Possibly too niche, but Room EQ Wizard.

It's used to analyze room acoustics. So if you have a home theater or studio or something like that it's really good for determining where to place speakers and acoustic treatments.

FreeYourDoodies

Welcome to the Suck
kiwifarms.net
I get free Jetbrains licenses through work, and their IDEs are all stellar. Also, since they're Czech they didn't do any BLM pandering, which is a nice rarity for a modern day tech company.

Tags
None