Some QOL Stuff -

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Having used the forum for a little while, there's a few annoyances and quirks that I'd like to suggest improvements for.
  • Make pictures thumbnails by default.
    • It seems like pictures are enforced to be thumbnails already, and people certainly use thumbnails more than full-sized images, so it doesn't make sense that thumbnails aren't the default. Otherwise, correcting full-sized images into thumbnails is quite tedious.
  • Make videos have no alignment by default.
    • The current default alignment on videos breaks everything, from normal posts to posts quoting the original. This is fixed by setting it to "no alignment," and it would be much more useful if this were the alignment option by default.
  • Add an option to truncate or summarize multiple reaction notifications for a single post.
    • It's nice to know when your post is getting reactions, but it gets mixed in with notifications saying if you were quoted or mentioned. The scorched earth approach of disabling notifications for reactions is a bit too far, since it's nice to know the general feedback of your post, so truncating it to reading something like "[user] and # other uses reacted to your post" would be a good middle ground.
  • Allow the "edit thread" button to also allow the thread's creator to edit the first post rather than just the title.
    • There are often times when I would like to correct a fairly large OP, but I need to scroll all the way to the bottom to do so, which gets tedious. Allowing the button at the top of a post to edit the OP along with the title would be quite useful.
  • Allow thread creators to remove polls they created.
    • Polls are fun and are often used as jokes, but users need to bother a moderator to get it removed, even if the user was the one who created it. If the concern is users deleting polls specifically added by moderators, this can be circumvented by only allowing users to delete polls if they were the ones who made them.
  • Add a "characters remaining" counter for posts.
    • In longer OPs, I often need to cut away any text that pushes the post over the character limit. However, many times this leads to simply guessing how much further I need to cut down. A visible display of the characters remaining would help immensely.
  • Allow the creator for private message conversation to remove users or set permissions for who can be invited.
    • It would be nice if the creator of a private message conversation had more control over it beyond just leaving it entirely. However, it's possible this can be abused, so this suggestion may be best to skip if it would cause more problems than it would fix.
  • When a user is "verified" or marked as a "person of interest," give a brief description when their badge identifying them as such is hovered over.
    • This is just a little thing, but seeing a person noted as "verified" or a "person of interest" spurs intrigue. However, curious users will often need to dig around or ask others (or the person in question directly) to find out why. I'm not certain if it's possible to edit the text given when their tag marking them as such is hovered over, but any alternative which explains why they've earned that badge would be nice.
  • Add a "delete unused images" button to posts
    • When making posts involving a lot of pictures, sometimes duplicates are made. If the file names aren't particularly descriptive or the images were uploaded directly to the site, it can be difficult to match a duplicate image with its name to delete it. Adding a button which specifically deletes unembedded images or attachments would help immensely.
  • When looking at a user's content via their page's "postings" tab, allow a filter for threads and posts.
    • Being able to find a specific user's threads would be very useful. Advanced search doesn't seem to specify a user's thread, either, despite there being a function on it which presumably would specifically do so but doesn't.
  • Add a "unique visitors" stat for a thread.
    • I'm not sure if this is possible, but a counter for the amount of unique visitors of a thread (rather than the number of times it's been viewed by anybody, even if they've viewed it before) would be a nice statistic to have.
  • Add some option to view only highlighted posts.
    • The highlight function is great, but it would be nice to have the ability to only view highlighted posts rather than having to jump to them one-by-one.
  • Give everyone who's posted in A&H a badge so normal people know to ignore them.
    • Self-explanatory.

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
Give everyone who's posted in A&H a badge so normal people know to ignore them.
lolwut? That implies that people that post on A&N have nothing to contribute to other boards, which is not true at all.

For example, didn't you make a FGC thread and I contributed some part to that? Do those posts not count and people should ignore what i have to say in that thread?

GhostButt

kiwifarms.net
> Give everyone who's posted in A&H a badge so normal people know to ignore them.

As someone who would be getting marked with this scarlet letter, this is the best idea ever, we really do need to be sperated out and branded, disgusting individuals this lot.

• Feels
Reactions: Draza

Ellesse_warrior

ASBO Enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Add a "delete unused images" button to posts
  • When making posts involving a lot of pictures, sometimes duplicates are made. If the file names aren't particularly descriptive or the images were uploaded directly to the site, it can be difficult to match a duplicate image with its name to delete it. Adding a button which specifically deletes unembedded images or attachments would help immensely.
This would be handy for videos too. Probably not as common a problem but at times when the site was being ddos'd and I was working on posts with a lot of videos in them there ended up being loose duplicate video attachments at the end if the posts which I couldn't edit out.

Reactions: Documenter

ZombiefiedFerret

Itchy. Tasty.
kiwifarms.net
When looking at a user's content via their page's "postings" tab, allow a filter for threads and posts.
Being able to find a specific user's threads would be very useful. Advanced search doesn't seem to specify a user's thread, either, despite there being a function on it which presumably would specifically do so but doesn't.
Unless I'm a retard and misreading this, this is already a feature.
1595877242280.png

_01

01101001 01000001 01101101 00110000 00110001
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
lolwut? That implies that people that post on A&N have nothing to contribute to other boards, which is not true at all.

For example, didn't you make a FGC thread and I contributed some part to that? Do those posts not count and people should ignore what i have to say in that thread?
That was a joke.
Unless I'm a retard and misreading this, this is already a feature.
View attachment 1477742
That function exists, but it doesn't seem to work. When I tried it, it seemed to just list every thread I posted in.

Actually, double checking it, that specific search seems to work, but searching for a user's threads via advanced search or by looking on their "content" tab does not.

Reactions: Draza and Tealeaf

Token Weeaboo

"this too shall pass"
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With the increase of phone use, I'd say the best idea of this list is the thumbnail by default. The rest I can get behind as well, but that one seems like the best idea of the lot.

Tags
None