Bigot Brigade Something Awful and Friends - The roller-coaster train-wreck embarrassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant and its tick offspring like from Cloverfield

negativlad

Don't be a shit in my cut
I remember going on GBS and other parts of the site to read goons takes on other "lesser" sites like r/relationships and the hot takes on that page slowly devolved into the goons themselves clearly showing that they had no business either being in or understanding what they were critiquing in the first place.
I was in this boat, at least when it came to video game stuff. That and reposting stuff from tumblr or twitter. Then I realized at some point that twitter gimmick accounts, or even reddit can fill this same niche faster, often better, and without all the troon bitching and navel-gazing. My one go-to thread has a wiki, so there's just about zero reason to ever go back; I hear it's a shithole.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
I ve gone back to puttering around the forms but they are still in "the bannings will continue untill the bad posting stops"

SA15.jpg

I stopped following LPs on the site around 18' when the last vestiges of good screenshot stuff finally died off. Video LP was replaced by YouTube way before that.
I think i stopped reading it when they perma some guy (kaos, kao, Kia. Something like that) because his dragon age LP wasn't suitably approved by the LP committee headed by darkid.

These lefty goony fucks love their committees.

Last edited:

Hot Dawg

Dogs don't sweat.
It went full circle from LPs being head and shoulder above anything else around the time at 2009-2013 due to their standards actually being upheld. I more enjoyed that they made the game take center stage than the personality and you had some really high level players like accounting nightmare really show off the DMC series. Dark Id was decent if a bit conceited as time went on. Then it more turned into a clique where it was more if you were in or not. I contemplated making an lp of a few games but decided against it after seeing people get picked apart for largely nothing.

Slowbeef didn't really have much interest in what he created. He clearly didn't want to moderate either. The toxic garbage when dangan rompa or whatever its called and the flood of stupid that it brought due to it being the only place you could find an English translation was something that the site never really recovered from.

The rest of the site was already pozzed so it would have cut into LP at some point. I don't remember much else of note beyond Lowtax coming back in 2017 early promising change to make the site funny and doing nothing as usual. That fucking video that I saw of him sticking his kid on camera telling her to beg for money for him while he was drunk or high was legit one of the scummiest things I've ever watched, made my skin crawl.

Last edited:
I can't believe that after the mass-bannings and exodus during & after FYAD trannygate the only thing in these peoples minds is stricter moderation, more bans, longer probations, exciting new ways to punish people. It's like a village in the dark ages.
What "wrongthinkers" could possibly be left at this point? They are gonna witch-hunt and root out "evil" until there is only one forum member left aren't they?
And then that one poster is gonna self-ban, lol.

SA "Games" is one of the worst forums on the internet and possibly ground zero for the tranny infestation. The regular faggots suck each other off over discord and use the forum to target wrongthinkers.

Many years ago, before the troon virus really went mainstream, there was some goon's longrunning LP I was casually watching (I know), and about halfway through he decided to "transition" and he suddenly switched his normal voice to this cartoon falsetto demon elmo voice. The kind of voice a guy makes when he's making fun of a woman's voice, except used sincerely. I had no idea why at the time, or why the co-commenters awkwardly pretended not to notice.

It gave me the heebie-jeebies.
I can't remember his name but maybe somebody can remember who I mean.

Many years ago, before the troon virus really went mainstream, there was some goon's longrunning LP I was casually watching (I know), and about halfway through he decided to "transition" and he suddenly switched his normal voice to this cartoon falsetto demon elmo voice. The kind of voice a guy makes when he's making fun of a woman's voice, except used sincerely. I had no idea why at the time, or why the co-commenters awkwardly pretended not to notice.

It gave me the heebie-jeebies.
I can't remember his name but maybe somebody can remember who I mean.
Was it shmorky?