Bigot Brigade Something Awful and Friends - The roller-coaster train-wreck embarrassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant and its tick offspring like from Cloverfield

Compositesludge

kiwifarms.net
It's sincere anger. They just want to simultaneously present themselves as aloof when it's clear they're in a murderous rage over this guy not liking the product.

So C-Spam humor/anger. That place is a nesting ground for impotent rage and disgusting ideologies hidden under the thinnest veneer of aloof humor. It can be like seeing a waddle of Moviebob's engage with one another over what shouldmust be done.

Compositesludge

kiwifarms.net
Dude its the fucking movie subforum

C-SPAM's much like FYAD, in that the mannerisms and social practices commonly found within C-SPAM posters are also present when they post elsewhere. On the one hand, doing a forensic study of posting behaviors is extremely lol. On the other hand, it's sort of like seeing something familiar for me, like if I ended this post by complaining about blue arms.

The Grognard

kjeh kjeh räh
kiwifarms.net
C-spam is a state of mind. A disease that knows no subforum boundaries.
This sort of shit is a signature of gooniness if there ever was one. It's far older than C-SPAM because I remember people were doing this in LF and Helldump back in the day over the exact same sort of shit where some guy deviates over groupthink and everyone rushes in for their little 2 minute hate sessions on how this poster is wrong about thing X and thus must be thrown to a [comically lethal scenario] for [-ism that is currently a trendy one].

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
kiwifarms.net
This sort of shit is a signature of gooniness if there ever was one. It's far older than C-SPAM because I remember people were doing this in LF and Helldump back in the day over the exact same sort of shit where some guy deviates over groupthink and everyone rushes in for their little 2 minute hate sessions on how this poster is wrong about thing X and thus must be thrown to a [comically lethal scenario] for [-ism that is currently a trendy one].
It's called the Goon Hivemind.

Juke and Jam

kiwifarms.net
The hivemind thing has always been around in some form or another, but it definitely seems to be a recent development where users are actually banned for going against the groupthink. Saying a movie has too much gay representation a few years ago would get you torn to shreds but now you’ll be banned for homophobia
Goons used to mock Reddit-hugboxes. Now they are one.

Compositesludge

kiwifarms.net
The hivemind thing has always been around in some form or another, but it definitely seems to be a recent development where users are actually banned for going against the groupthink. Saying a movie has too much gay representation a few years ago would get you torn to shreds but now you’ll be banned for homophobia

This also does occasionally work against the site. Going back to C-SPAM, there was some moderation drama a while back that led to a mass exodus and the creation of Bread n' Roses, which still exists, which I think makes it one of the more successful goon projects. Of course, it looks like a bunch of the original leaders of said exodus either still post on or moved back over to SA, which is only to be expected.

They always were one.

Goons hated Reddit beacuse it was just them without a paywall.
For a website that once took credit for killing a bunch of pedophile subreddits, it’s kind of amazing how every few months a mod is outed as a child molester, groomer, or general sex weirdo, nevermind the dysfunctional collective of freaks that make up the normal users. Lowtax was the most normal one left and he still beat his wives and live in girlfriends while letting his kids hang out with a pedophile furry with a diaper fetish.

I still look back and laugh when I remember how when NeoGAF splintered Lowtax and his sycophants were adamant that GAF refugees weren’t welcome. As if that meant anything, considering that ResetERA is exactly the same joyless cannibalistic hellhole that SA is, but also manages to pull in way more traffic in spite of being the butt of so many people’s jokes.

Nevermind that Lowtax himself is someone that even disgraced losers like Tyler Malka can now mock, considering that Evillore still owns his website and isn’t on his 2nd divorce and nothing to show for it but children who hate his neglectful, inept ass.

I still remember when all of Rich’s deathcult rallied behind him when his wife took the kid and went to a DV shelter. To the point where they mass-reported her Gofundme during a pandemic and banned anyone who questioned their beloved Rich’s narrative.

The only reason Lowtax was ousted was because it became impossible for them to keep covering for his shit, during some Aatrek-esque debacle where Lowtax was simply too lazy to lie his way out again. And even then they couldn’t just leave his website or just post on Bread&Roses: they had to pay the wife beater six figures for a website he barely still gave a shit about. And keeping exactly the same toxic parasocial culture that let Lowtax get a free pass for his bullshit for twenty years.

And yet that’s still better than what I expected, which is that Lowtax would still be around right up until he OD’ed or ended up jailed for tax evasion or rape.

In summary, SA desperately wishes it were Reddit at this point. They’d even settle for ResetERA.

Ghostse

Gorilla Channel Executive Producer
kiwifarms.net
The only reason Lowtax was ousted was because it became impossible for them to keep covering for his shit, during some Aatrek-esque debacle where Lowtax was simply too lazy to lie his way out again. And even then they couldn’t just leave his website or just post on Bread&Roses: they had to pay the wife beater six figures for a website he barely still gave a shit about. And keeping exactly the same toxic parasocial culture that let Lowtax get a free pass for his bullshit for twenty years.

And yet that’s still better than what I expected, which is that Lowtax would still be around right up until he OD’ed or ended up jailed for tax evasion or rape.

In summary, SA desperately wishes it were Reddit at this point. They’d even settle for ResetERA.

No, he got ousted for Sweaty Toes & Mormon Cokewhoring because someone had a sharp enough knife ready.

When MapleWife Story Complete was released, none of the mods or admins had their toadies lined up to take advantage. They all formed up behind Richard. Didn't even bother with any spinoffs or 'yikes' postings, 100% fuck that filthy illegal immigrant bitch. As more deets came out, those power hungry little eunchs realized that if they have gone full DV press on Richard at that time, they could have taken the reins.
So, less than a year later when Richard acted like the pill-popping trailer trash he is deep inside, this time people were ready to stage outrage and NOW people were ready to care that a woman in a shelter had her Gofundme taken down with mod blessing. That's it.

It wasn't that they COULDN'T keep it underwraps, it was now in their best interests NOT to.

X Prime

The Doubly Derivative
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't that they COULDN'T keep it underwraps, it was now in their best interests NOT to.
A lot of it was SA's increasingly far-left-wing slant.

Remember, C-SPAM was subforum darling so long as Trump was in office, because they were Resistance to the Orange Menace (note in particular how this protection has waned since Biden is president). They were getting away with all sorts of bullshit. Lowtax made the mistake of pissing off the mods protecting C-SPAM twice, first by forcing the 2016 Hillary toxxes to be enforced, and second by stating anyone making death threats in there should be banned. Both of these were expressly against what the mod team wanted to do.

If memory serves, the second thing, which really rustled jimmies, happened after MapleWife got into a shelter. That caused a lot of grumbling and knife-sharpening, far more than the Hillary toxx enforcement. It was going against the hivemind after they had gotten increasingly politically radicalized during Trump's time in office that did him in.

northstar747

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
genesplicer.png