• ”Mm, yeah.”

Something Awful and FriendsThe rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

Discussion in 'Community Watch' started by *Asterisk*, May 20, 2015.

1. Ironically that was back in the days of SA where you could piss everyone off, but as long as you didn't break any of the (actually well-defined) rules, the mods would grumble and complain and be unable to do anything.

That's what made TT so great, he was skirting the edges of those rules the entire time he posted there but was rarely caught actually breaking them.

Also, almost everyone thought TT was a gimmick, but he was SO consistent that nobody could ever catch him slipping, so there was no way to prove it. I have a lot of grudging respect for Toblerone as a proto-Internet shitposter.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. When did the FAU crew start banning for wrong think?

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Haha Lowtax bannned all politics threads from GBS. Good fucking riddance, the people in them are the worst posters on somethingawful, and now they have to stick to D&D/C-Spam.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  4. There's already a new "post itt every you lol that trump is president" thread, and nobody seems to be in any hurry to gas it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Lol it just shows how little respect the user base has for the owner of the site.

• Agree Agree x 5
    jace821

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. PURE STRAIN GOLD

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. The highest point of the TT saga wasn't even something that he did- someone managed to get Ron Paul to autograph a sign that said "I'm sold on purestrain gold!"

• Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  8. That's a good rule and it should have been done ages ago. GBS politics threads just attract boring jackasses from all over the forums

• Agree Agree x 2
    boner_saint

boner_saint Take it Eze. 37:4

kiwifarms.net
  9. the dem lol thread was good for a while but when they reach like 1000 pages they run their course and need to be nuked.
    Trump thread was just sad, no lols to be had just really anxious sad sack goons wallowing in misery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  10. The guy who posted a new trump thread already got banned. Whoops!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Lol lowtax actually did something good. Hope that banned person comes back and accuses lowtax of being a Nazi chud

• Agree Agree x 1
    jace821

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. the alt-right nazi website somethingawful,

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. I don't have the post offhand, but someone actually did that already.

Though for years Lowtax has been vocal about his dislike of the political forums in general.

kiwifarms.net
  14. In earnest maybe 3 or 4 months ago, with a crescendo around the time of the pearl-clutching over children in detention. It's been kind of humming along for some time at a low level, but it was normally probations rather than bans.

kiwifarms.net

15. For all that though (and I agree with you statement) he sure let some loathsome r*tards run D&D and CSPAM, who catered to the absolute worst posters on the site

edit: i should be specific, R Guyovich might be the worst mod of any forum I've ever seen

• Agree Agree x 2
    #9795 The Jerkstore, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  16. lmao i read the trump thread and people are like "It's the first thing I do in the morning!"

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  17. Gotta have your two minutes of hate. How else can you prove you're a good party member?

• Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  18. As we talk about TT it does stand out the creativity that can happen when the mods tolerate gimmcks that try to skirt the line. This openly banning for "your awful and I don't like you"

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Idiots on Social Media in PYF is basically the lefty politics lite thread. Every post is fucking political and every poster seems to be a tranny. You legit get chain probated for saying trans women are raised differently than cis women and other such mild wrongthink.

The only reason I still visit SA is the r/relationship thread but goons somehow ruin laughing at exceptional redditor's.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dr. Studman M.D.

Dr. Studman M.D. Your favorite hunky lead actor.

kiwifarms.net
  20. Lowtax made a thread making fun of Youtube personalities getting burnt out in their 20s.

It's as bitter and jealous as you'd think.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    Manah

Manah ...Did someone say "weeaboo"?
    Birthday

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.